Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Macclesfield Official Matchday thread.  (Read 42291 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #405 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 11:45:12 »

Pretty sure Connell is in his three older players.

Thank you.

With Kennedy and J Smith, yes they need games. Weve got a fantastic team in place, with very few weak links. Dont underestimate how much that can progress young players if they are used in the right way. Especially if they get a promotion under their belts.

Would be typical of Swindon fans to talk down their own team though (only to watch these players go on and flourish elsewhere)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #406 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 12:00:15 »

For me Flint is worth more now than we got for Tozer and Morrisson combined and with come coaxing (like Hoddle did with Shaun Taylor) and improving his passing then this guy can be a good good player in the future, one of the best defensive prospects I have seen at Swindon in decades.

Smith does have a lot of potential and could well get a lot better than he is by not lunging into tackles and passing the easy ball.

Kennedy I think has found his level now and is a good left back in this division but much higher and he will struggle......defensively anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 12:02:04 »

Sean Morrison... I remember him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 12:04:40 »

Interesting Torquay fans think we are spending too much.

Not just Torquay fans.

I have registered on the Crawley forums, just to see if there is any speculation about their players leaving. But saw a couple of comments about "moneybags Swindon" and our "50 man squad".

I guess their fans, who I don't have a problem with, have had a fair bit of that directed at them over recent seasons and are glad of someone else stealing that limelight. That and their fat twat Bobby Davro manager making similar comments about us and (I think) Southend and Cheltenham - which is just stupid..
--------

On our squad my opinion (it is just an opinion) is that Fods, Richie, Caddis and Ferry would already be comfortable at a top league 1 side. I think De Vita has a chance and we haven't seen enough of Rooney but he has skill and at 21 a bit of time.

Smith I'm not sure about. I think physically he's well up to it, not sure about speed of thought though. He seems to keep improving so why not.

'Elder' statesman McCormack and Benson could cut it. The jury is out on Connell, but I like him as a player.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 12:10:04 by Batch » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #409 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 12:14:56 »

With Kennedy, I swear that kid has a lot more to offer. People who used to watch him for the youths and reserves say his free kicks are superb. If I had to pick 1 player at the club to deliver a perfect classical cross into the box, it would be him.

Yes Cibocchi is more solid (and has turned into the best foreign player signed by Paolo). But he hangs back a lot. Games like yesterday, I would love to see a speedy full back overlapping and sending fizzing crosses into the box. Attacking full backs are the secret to keeping teams at the top of the league. If a team has come to 'park the bus', then they are vital.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 12:20:18 »

Callum Kennedy has been sniffing around the senior squad for close to five years.

I would imagine that this half of the season is pretty big for his own career.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 12:35:17 »

Hes out of contract at the end of the season isnt he?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 13:10:33 »

I rate Kennedy, and i think him and Rooney on the left would be a brilliant attacking pairing. The odd occasion he looks slightly vulnerable at the back, but he's a young, L2 full back... that'll happen. He can be exciting with his crossing and passes down the channel, and hasn't cost us many goals directly in his career. Possibly even less than Caddis?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 13:19:24 »

I rate Kennedy, and i think him and Rooney on the left would be a brilliant attacking pairing. The odd occasion he looks slightly vulnerable at the back, but he's a young, L2 full back... that'll happen. He can be exciting with his crossing and passes down the channel, and hasn't cost us many goals directly in his career. Possibly even less than Caddis?

Spot on in my view,i rate Kennedy also and really cannot remember him making a mistake in his short career for us.
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 13:21:53 »

Spot on in my view,i rate Kennedy also and really cannot remember him making a mistake in his short career for us.

He was dire at Yeovil away a couple of seasons back...
Then again, the rest of the team were pretty shite that day too.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #415 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 13:23:52 »

He was dire at Yeovil away a couple of seasons back...
Then again, the rest of the team were pretty shite that day too.

That is true, he was the worst player on the pitch that day but they were all bad that day TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:02:42 »

Not just Torquay fans.

I have registered on the Crawley forums, just to see if there is any speculation about their players leaving. But saw a couple of comments about "moneybags Swindon" and our "50 man squad".

I guess their fans, who I don't have a problem with, have had a fair bit of that directed at them over recent seasons and are glad of someone else stealing that limelight. That and their fat twat Bobby Davro manager making similar comments about us and (I think) Southend and Cheltenham - which is just stupid..

IIRC the squad lists on the back of yesterdays matchday programme had our squad as smaller than Macclesfield.

We've got 29 players registered at the moment, five of which are fringe/youngsters (Storey, Scott, Bedwell, Thompson and Thompson) and two players almost certainly on their way out (Kerrouche and Lanzano) then a squad size of 22 senior players doesn't seem terribly excessive...particularly when a few have made only a handful of appearances.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:33:02 »

Forgive my language but Rooney reminded me of Joey Beauchamp in the way he runs and shoots.
That's actually good to hear. People tend to forget (and others like to re-write history) that Beauchamp was a very, very good player.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:48:03 »

That's actually good to hear. People tend to forget (and others like to re-write history) that Beauchamp was a very, very good player.
for us?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:56:29 »

for us?
It doesn't matter. He had a hell of a lot of ability regardless of the colour of the shirt he happened to be wearing. He was good enough to play in the Prem which is why West Ham signed him. Unfortunately for him though, he totally fucked up his career.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: