Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Macclesfield Official Matchday thread.  (Read 42984 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 09:22:19 »

Just watch the League 2 highlights on the FL Show. PDC was not a happy chappy in the press conference was he!

Also some good/comedy moments in this weeks show:

- PDC kicking Ritchie up the arse a he left the field of play.
- Plymouth's centre back scoring an overhead kick to equalise against Crawley (not quite Fallonesque)
- Dewburry's "imperfect hatrick"
- AFC Wombles getting a penalty for Huh? against the pikeys
- A keeper airshot from a tame backpass leading to a Crew goal.
- Torquay somehow not conceding a penalty when their player caught the ball while laying down in their box.
fatbasher

« Reply #391 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 09:56:27 »

The only thing that worries me about that is the views of Gills supporters (incl a friend of mine who made exactly this point last week) who say that while he can be outstanding on his day, he does have others where he goes AWOL.  I have a suspicion that Rooney may need to be subbed from time to time.  Agree that Esajas has no future with us, but I still hope there will be room to retain Gabilondo.

That's an interesting point made about Rooney going AWOL. You need to consider that he now plays for us. By that I mean he has a new set of team mates, manager, fitness and technical coach, style of play, expectations etc. Any short comings will be sorted out PDQ by Paolo, don't you think?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 10:08:25 »

Just watch the League 2 highlights on the FL Show. PDC was not a happy chappy in the press conference was he!

Also some good/comedy moments in this weeks show:

- PDC kicking Ritchie up the arse a he left the field of play.
- Plymouth's centre back scoring an overhead kick to equalise against Crawley (not quite Fallonesque)
- Dewburry's "imperfect hatrick"
- AFC Wombles getting a penalty for Huh? against the pikeys
- A keeper airshot from a tame backpass leading to a Crew goal.
- Torquay somehow not conceding a penalty when their player caught the ball while laying down in their box.

Also the kerfuffle surrounding Bury's penalty, about four players were arguing over who was going to take it, I think atleast one player got booked also.
They eventually scored it and it looked like the opposing keeper celebrated it slightly, very odd.

(I know this isn't strictly League Two, but  it was on the Football League show)
DRS

« Reply #393 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 10:11:46 »

Matt Ritchie goes missing in games but it's what he does when he is performing that matters.If yesterday was a sign of what to come then i will take that from rooney.What i notice with ritchie is when he is having a quiet day he still bloody works hard and i think we will see the same from rooney
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 10:13:45 »

What i notice with ritchie is when he is having a quiet day he still bloody works hard and i think we will see the same from rooney

...and that's all anyone really wants. You can't always expect influential performances every week at this level.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 10:18:37 »

the thing with Ritchie is out doesn't matter how badly he is playing even then he can still win you a game

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 10:20:24 »

Thought Risser had his best game for us yesterday, got through a lot of work and was reasonably tidy in most things he did.  Seems that certain people have got their poison in and nothing will change their minds - especially a guy who sits in the DRS who shouted "Risser you are fucking shit" on at least 20 ocasions yesterday.  Somebody eventually told him to shut up or fuck off!!!
Didn't think Macclesfield were as bad as some people have said, they were a bit limited by ability but they came with a game plan and it could easily have worked!  Seen worse sides at the CG this season, Barnet amongst them!

Spencer_White

« Reply #397 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 10:56:30 »

Interesting Torquay fans think we are spending too much.

Fotheringham, Kennedy, Flint, McCormack, Caddis, Ritchie, Ferry, J Smith, Rooney, Benson, Connell.

For me, that is the most exciting young Swindon line up Ive ever seen. With the exception of the 3 older players mentioned, everyone of those players is potentially worth over £300k, some a lot more. Just got to worry about them not signing contracts now.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 10:59:46 »

Wowzers PDC's interview was interesting.

We are the bad guys to most and it's great fun. Needless to say, we'll get an onslaught of 'banter' if we don't go up.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 11:25:39 »

...in which event I will almost certainly take an internet holiday.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 11:26:48 »

Interesting Torquay fans think we are spending too much.

Fotheringham, Kennedy, Flint, McCormack, Caddis, Ritchie, Ferry, J Smith, Rooney, Benson, Connell.

For me, that is the most exciting young Swindon line up Ive ever seen. With the exception of the 3 older players mentioned, everyone of those players is potentially worth over £300k, some a lot more. Just got to worry about them not signing contracts now.

Keneddy, Flint, J Smith, Connell worth over £300k

Hmmmmmm.....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 11:30:41 »

Pretty sure Connell is in his three older players. And I wouldn't sell Smith or Flint for that amount, only really Kennedy where I think that's a bit excessive.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #402 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 11:32:39 »

Its interersting to see the perceived size of our squad. A quick look at the back of yesterday's program is a bit enlightening.
Flashheart

« Reply #403 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 11:33:24 »

Keneddy, Flint, J Smith, Connell worth over £300k

Hmmmmmm.....

He did say potentially

Some teams might be willing to pay 300k+ for Flint and Smith in the future, yes. Not sure about Kennedy. Perhaps not Connell
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #404 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 11:42:36 »

Alternatively you can pick someone who posts all the time & just post agreeing with them all the time.

Cheesy

Agreed! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: