Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Macclesfield Official Matchday thread.  (Read 43011 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #420 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:58:27 »

That's actually good to hear. People tend to forget (and others like to re-write history) that Beauchamp was a very, very good player.
Only when he wore the shitstain - he was consistently shit for us
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:58:43 »

It doesn't matter. He had a hell of a lot of ability regardless of the colour of the shirt he happened to be wearing. He was good enough to play in the Prem which is why West Ham signed him. Unfortunately for him though, he totally fucked up his career.
It was a genuine question as I never saw him play.

Your comment about rewriting history made me wonder if you were referring to the fact he was a good player for us that was largely ignored because of who he was
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:19:13 »

Your comment about rewriting history made me wonder if you were referring to the fact he was a good player for us that was largely ignored because of who he was
I only showed very brief flashes of what he could do for us. His best football was without a doubt played at Oxford.

The 're-writing' history bit refers to the fact that, as I recall, 99% of Town fans were absolutely delighted that we signed him but when he left it was "Oooh, I never thought he was any good any way" a bit like you get when some people talk about Mooney.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:19:48 »

He wasn't very good for us.  Had occaisional moments, but no heart or desire.  We got royally screwed over that deal.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:20:16 »

I only showed very brief flashes of what he could do for us. His best football was without a doubt played at Oxford.

The 're-writing' history bit refers to the fact that, as I recall, 99% of Town fans were absolutely delighted that we signed him but when he left it was "Oooh, I never thought he was any good any way" a bit like you get when some people talk about Mooney.

I was happy too...then I saw him play, not start great and get worse.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #425 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:21:16 »

Joey Bumchump had bags of skill, a great cross and a good shot but it was his unwillingness to track back when he lost the ball, his "looked like he was not bothered" attitude, apparent lack of desire and his laziness also didnt go down well with the fans.

Yet he was pretty much comparable to Bobby Barnes in skill level and attitude but because he came from the scum he could never wash that off and people were more eager to get on his back, something that Bobby Barnes didnt get even though he was probably as lazy at tracking back as Bumchump.

Also Bumchump looked a good 2 stone overweight all the time which didnt help him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:22:29 »

It doesn't matter. He had a hell of a lot of ability regardless of the colour of the shirt he happened to be wearing. He was good enough to play in the Prem which is why West Ham signed him. Unfortunately for him though, he totally fucked up his career.

He was given less chance than most players that sign for us.

Almost as soon as he signed his quotes from an Oxford fanzine about how much he hated Swindon & loved scoring against us was published. After that I don't think he was ever really going to be accepted by the crowd.

But as you say he did have the ability to be a top class footballer, however being an obnoxious scum supporting little cunt was always going to make it hard for that to happen at Swindon.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:23:54 »

I am one of the 1% then
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:29:43 »

Joey Bumchump had bags of skill, a great cross and a good shot but it was his unwillingness to track back when he lost the ball, his "looked like he was not bothered" attitude, apparent lack of desire and his laziness also didnt go down well with the fans.

Yet he was pretty much comparable to Bobby Barnes in skill level and attitude but because he came from the scum he could never wash that off and people were more eager to get on his back, something that Bobby Barnes didnt get even though he was probably as lazy at tracking back as Bumchump.

Also Bumchump looked a good 2 stone overweight all the time which didnt help him.
This is what I assume someone means when they say that Rooney reminds them of Beauchamp. At least that's what I hope they meant and they didn't actually mean he was a lazy disinterested bastard. I'm pretty sure it was the former.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #429 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:34:11 »

I am one of the 1% then
and me. i've been consistent in my 40 years of watching town that we should be Scum free zone. Mark Jones though nearly won me over in that he got his head down and stayed out of the tribal thing. Bumchum really was a cunt and still in my eyes is the biggest one ever to wear the red.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:36:38 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #430 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:34:22 »

This is what I assume someone means when they say that Rooney reminds them of Beauchamp. At least that's what I hope they meant and they didn't actually mean he was a lazy disinterested bastard. I'm pretty sure it was the former.

Having not seen Rooney play with my own eyes I have to say that I hope thats what people mean too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:41:33 »

I wasnt against Beauchamp when we signed him although he was a scummer. He was clearly talented which I think makes it even worse because he certainly didnt show the same level of talent for us as he did for them.

Then there was the whole leaving, us losing a shit load of money on the deal and him scoring against us which just cement the fact he was always a scummer even when he wore red.

Lesson learnt - no more scum at the CG.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:43:35 »

It was the former.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #433 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:46:00 »

Eric Sabin on a piece of string
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:49:13 »

It was the former.
Yep, thought as much