Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Macclesfield Official Matchday thread.  (Read 43010 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 21:41:15 »

I thought Macclesfied were shocking. The worse team this season at Swindon. Sure we were not at our best and the strong wind was not helping the football first half but we ground out a deserved win and are in touching distance of the promotion pack.

MOM - The 38 from Macc. Clap
Seriously pleased for Risser after the crap he has had to put up with. Probably had his best game today whilst not a world beating performance but a good one.
Rooney - Was told he was not featuring yesterday but so glad he was. Ritchie and him on fire are going to cause havoc.
Paolo - Brightens up my days. Loved his interview and said that Benson was older than himself.
Can't get some of our fans who have a serious go at players when they make a mistake. FFS give them encouragement not verbal crap. They are at least giving it a go unlike the wasters from last season.

Happy Days - Pox not happy.

A day out next Saturday and one to enjoy at Leicester.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 21:42:47 »

Macclesfield were poor to be honest, we deserved to win - though thought when we missed the penalty it was going to be a 'classic draw' we didn't deserve with a last minute Macc equaliser.

Still, only 3 points off top now, fantastic...

38 away fans? On a Saturday - that's fucking crap

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 21:54:30 »

Is it just me, or does it seem Ferry never has a particularly good game when Smith isn't alongside him?

Really don't think it was Ferry's type of game. And, yes: Huddersfield.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 21:56:49 »

Rooney was excellent, as were Benson and Flint. Ferry suffered for playing alongside Risser yet again, who was good in the air, but wasteful or too conservative on the ground (he and their #12 seemed to cancel eachother out with matching ineptitude). A decent enough win, the type you need if you want to keep momentum. Oh, and a terrible pen from Ritchie.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #364 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 22:31:02 »

Rooney was excellent, as were Benson and Flint. Ferry suffered for playing alongside Risser yet again, who was good in the air, but wasteful or too conservative on the ground (he and their #12 seemed to cancel eachother out with matching ineptitude). A decent enough win, the type you need if you want to keep momentum. Oh, and a terrible pen from Ritchie.
Thats prettty unfair on Risser. He fucked up 2 consecurtive passes in the 2nd half but that was about it. He won it and played it short. if he'd tried to be hoddle he'd have got fucking hammered.
DRS

« Reply #365 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 22:57:05 »

Agree Chalkie bit harsh that when he plays well he is still gettig the blame for someone else being poor
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 23:04:36 »

I thought Risser was our best player save maybe Rooney. Not exceptional, just tidy. He seems very keen on those pec passes though, strange one.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 23:14:34 »

I also thought Risser had a decent game.

However some of our fans do make you wonder sometimes. After a misplaced pass from him in the second half (probably one of the two Chalkie mentioned), some twat decided to shout out "get him off Di Cano, he's a liability".

I fear that unless he turns into Lionel Messi overnight there are some who will never accept him.
In fact, there are probably some amongst us that would slag off Messi if he played for us.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 23:29:25 »

I fear that unless he turns into Lionel Messi overnight there are some who will never accept him.
In fact, there are probably some amongst us that would slag off Messi if he played for us.

Do you not think that we're already at that point?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 23:37:17 »

Do you not think that we're already at that point?

Yes, that was the point.

It doesn't matter how he plays, there are some that will never be satisfied.
The best he can hope for from them, is silence.

The problem I guess is that as a player if you play not to make mistakes, you will never try anything other than the 100% safe, and then you get accused of being negative.

I guess he will just have to take comfort in the fact that Paolo thinks he can play, and to be honest it's his opinion that really matters.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 23:41:04 »

However some of our fans do make you wonder sometimes. After a misplaced pass from him in the second half (probably one of the two Chalkie mentioned), some twat decided to shout out "get him off Di Cano, he's a liability".

Don't worry, the person in front of me accused Ritchie of being a "selfish twat" for shooting (albeit badly) from a penalty. Perhaps he should have passed?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 23:41:52 »

Meh, I honestly think he's poor. He never deserves to be in ahead of Smith for me, he doesn't do enough. Having said that, I'd never abuse him or anything, I'm not one of those and he (and any town player) doesn't deserve such treatment.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #372 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 23:43:12 »

Very happy with the 3 points and relieved when we scored because whist we had a lot of the ball we didn't have much quality. Whilst Risser frustrated me when he tired, I was more frustrated with Ritchie today as he had a shocker. Just one of those games for him as he was certainly trying. Ritchie and Rooney on either win looks like a great combination. I would also like to see Kennedy back in the side.

I'm glad Rooney got a decent reception, I'm sure he's already happy of his decision to sign for us. The only good cross of the game came from him too.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 23:51:40 »

Very happy with the 3 points and relieved when we scored because whist we had a lot of the ball we didn't have much quality. Whilst Risser frustrated me when he tired, I was more frustrated with Ritchie today as he had a shocker. Just one of those games for him as he was certainly trying. Ritchie and Rooney on either win looks like a great combination. I would also like to see Kennedy back in the side.

I'm glad Rooney got a decent reception, I'm sure he's already happy of his decision to sign for us. The only good cross of the game came from him too.

Not one of Ritchie's better games, but if that bloke hadn't blocked his shot with his face he would have scored another screamer.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Coca Fola

« Reply #374 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 23:59:06 »

Don't worry, the person in front of me accused Ritchie of being a "selfish twat" for shooting (albeit badly) from a penalty. Perhaps he should have passed?
He probably meant selfish as in taking the penalty himself.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: