Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Macclesfield Official Matchday thread.  (Read 43030 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 00:32:20 »

Although not being a huge fan I can see why Risser gets the nod in games like today, he is a strong player and wins most things in the air. Which is perfect against a team like Macclesfield who had a team of giants playing lump ball.
 But his passing and mobility are weak points, he misplaces a lot of passes and lumps alot of hopefull balls out of play.
I personally thought he was average today, he just offers us something Ferry and Smith dont. As a pairing Smith and Risser don't seem to work at all, but I do agree Ferry does seem to lose something of his game next to Risser.

wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 00:48:15 »

I think if we could have scored early today we could have put 4 or 5 past them - they were that dire.

Risser had an OK game - he covers the defence against a certain type of team. My only real concern with him is that he doesn't seem too mobile - if the play goes past him it seems to take a long time for him to stop and turn.

Cibocci seems a bit of a steady eddie - for me Kennedy is better.

Highlight of the day was seeing Notts Red trying to have a drink from a hip flask without being seen by stewards - or as my sons put it "Hey dad, why is that man getting his friends to stand in front of him?"

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 01:08:39 »

sorry if someone else has mentioned it but am I alone in thinking that we're not very good at starting games this season? I've not been to as many games as most but in the games I have seen it seems to be a recurring theme that we look a bit out of sorts in the first half, particularly early on, before improving in the second half? If we get an early goal we usually settle down, I just think we look very nervous - reminds me of Pietersen when he's on 0. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be doing us much harm.

Not a great performance and nobody stood out for me. I will stick up for Risser who despite his limitations had a decent game. Rooney looked a lot like Gabilondo did on his debut.

I'm still baffled by the sending off and penalty but up until that point I had the distinct impression that the referee was making everything up as he went along.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 01:29:31 »

I thought the 3 points were deserved, Macclesfield set up looking for a point, every time we attacked the ball just got hoofed straight back to the back 4.
Can see why Di Canio started Risser today, a lot of long balls that Smith wouldn't have won in the air. I thought Risser was out best player today, he might not be as good as Smith technically but he protects the back 4 very well.
Connell huffed and puffed, but it wasn't one of his better games, although I don't think Murray was much better when we came on.
Benson was superb, if he was here at the start of the season I think we would already be top the league.
Rooney, looked the part, if he plays like that every week with him on the left and Ritchie on the right we will tear this division a new arsehole.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 01:31:15 by STFC4LIFE » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 02:42:02 »

I love risser.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 06:44:06 »

Forgive my language but Rooney reminded me of Joey Beauchamp in the way he runs and shoots.

My old chap said Rooney reminds him of Lee Holmes.
Dozno9

« Reply #381 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 08:24:58 »

The final decision was poor yesterday but the build up play was great. What has been severely lacking is the attack down the left hand side, everything comes down our right, so what is great is Rooney looks a cracking signing who would be better suited with Kennedy. Cibo was ok but not attacking at all which will leave Rooney isolated.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 08:49:42 »

De Vita offers strength and cover, plus a bit of goalscoring threat. Rooney offers a lot more trickery and attack.

We have good options down the left. Just need to offload Esejas and Gabby now. Not given a chance so no hard feelings, but no point in keeping them.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 09:05:56 »

The only thing that worries me about that is the views of Gills supporters (incl a friend of mine who made exactly this point last week) who say that while he can be outstanding on his day, he does have others where he goes AWOL.  I have a suspicion that Rooney may need to be subbed from time to time.  Agree that Esajas has no future with us, but I still hope there will be room to retain Gabilondo.
Dozno9

« Reply #384 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 09:06:02 »

I quite like gabilondo but as you say, do we need 3 people to cover for 1 position?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 09:07:43 »

keep gabilondo, and we've got 4 wingers. worst comes to worst we end up playing them on their natural side

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #386 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 09:08:07 »

Do we have cover for Ritchie?

Can Gabby or De Vita play there?
Dozno9

« Reply #387 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 09:11:32 »

Ritchie, De Vita, Gabi, Rooney, Bodin, Easyjet. I think that's the wingers?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 09:13:09 »

Do we have cover for Ritchie?

Can Gabby or De Vita play there?

Both right footed, so i'd assume they can go out there in a crisis

Things get better but they never get good
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 09:18:48 »

Can't see Bodin getting a game.