Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Macclesfield Official Matchday thread.  (Read 43032 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 17:44:11 »

Benson:
- Scrappy a fair word. Would have been different if Town had scored early. The longer it went the more Macc had to play for
- Hard fought 1-0. Take a win however it comes.
- Wants to score a goal that isn't lucky! Benson pleased though he was in the right place at right time.
- Massive that we won today. Thought there was a possibility that others may have dropped points, so it was important to win - especially as they have a gap due to the cup
- Thought that the goal wasn't going to come. Team weren't clinical enough and missed chance.
- Got a break in 2nd half although they didnt play well. Rooney gave the team an extra spark
- Nice to go into Leicester game with no pressure on. Will give it a good go, but its the 3rd priority.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 17:45:44 »

That was hard to watch. We didn't play that badly but a few key players (Caddis, Ferry and Ritchie) had quieter days. Ref was a cunt. Crowd were quiet. But 3 points are 3 points so let's move on to the next game.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 17:49:17 »

That's a four syllable word, you know.  Can't accuse him of being slow!

Obviously!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 17:51:45 »

Most important thing today was getting 3 points so mission achieved there!

Rooney looks as though he's going to be a real bright spark for us 2nd half of the season, quick feet, a threat, a couple of good chances and a great ball in for Benson, who was in the right place at the right time.

Paolo sent off again, not sure why but from where I was seemed a bit harsh?

The gap to the top 3 is now 3 points, and with Southend next up in the league it's a crucial next run of games to try and continue this good form.

Lets enjoy the trip to Leicester next Saturday and hopefully this great season can continue C.O.Y.R

#VivaKenBarlow!
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 17:51:51 »

Rooney:
- Pleased to set up winner. Pleased for Benson as he ran his socks off vs Rotherham
- Wasn't nervous but more excited
- Felt he should have scored on one on one
- Didn't see what happened for penalty. Saw Flint holding their player up and thought he'd better keep out of it!
- Disappointed he cant play at Leicester. No reason why we cant go therer and get a result

Forgive my language but Rooney reminded me of Joey Beauchamp in the way he runs and shoots.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:00:49 »

I thought our first half performance was actually very good, aside from in front of goal. We pressed, passed well and fashioned a few good chances all of which went begging.

Second half was disjointed and more disappointing. But Rooney put the cross in for the goal and that is all that matters. Winning games like this win you promotion.

Reasonable début from Rooney. Looks like he has the skills to pay the bills. Was a little wasteful in his finishing. Set up the winner.

Other than that, god knows what the PDC sending off was about. Flint looked to have stuffed up trying to run the ball out of play. Caddis got booked for moaning about something and I have no idea what they were claiming. Didn't look a foul to me so ??

And the penalty, just saw legs going at each other while Flint was on the floor. Thought they were both going to be sent off, but couldn't see whose legs were whose. There must have been a foul leading into that as it looked like the sending off incident literally kicked off after the ball was dead.

Game On. We're going up as fucking champions.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:12:58 »

Any idea on the mystery striker Paolo was on about today that we've bid for? (I guess this could be anyone!)

#VivaKenBarlow!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #322 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:14:43 »

Any idea on the mystery striker Paolo was on about today that we've bid for? (I guess this could be anyone!)

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/teams/first-team/jamie-vardy/
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #323 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:15:29 »

I think its Vardy
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #324 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:16:58 »

beat me to it
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:17:08 »

Not a great performance at all, but we could have gone in at the break 2 or 3 up. Second half was very disjointed with more of our players seeming to have an off day than not.  Macclesfield seemed to have come for the 0-0 and nearly got it.  The sending off of Di. Canio seemed to galvanise the team and the support, as did the introduction of Rooney and finally we got the breakthrough.  3 points when we didn't play well and making ground on those above us is a good afternoon's work.

Special mention to the inconsistently poor referee ably assisted by the equally twatish fourth official.  The Di Canio sending off resulted from Flint being fouled near the goal line, which wasn't given.  It was only due to Macclesfield's inability to send a shot anywhere near the target, that it didn't cost us.  Di Canio wasn't happy the foul wasn't given and the fourth official called the ref over.  In the first half the fourth official had made one ofour coaches move away from the technical area and sit on the bench, even though the Macclesfield coach was doing exactly the same.  Pathetic.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:18:48 by joteddyred » Logged
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:17:18 »

Fleetwood have been looking at £1mil for Vardy - can't see it being him.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:17:47 »

Cant see our club bidding a million pounds can you.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:18:24 »

Yep, we've bid 1.5m for Vardy and are expected to see off Blackpool for his signature.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 18:19:54 »

Why do you both think Vardy?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: