Pages: 1 ... 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611597 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5055 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 18:32:47 »

I mean if you don't think Payne is a loss, you can't think anyone in our squad is, right? He's been comfortably better than everyone in the squad bar maybe Twine and Odimayo.

Fair enough if you don't care if any of this lot leave given how they've been this season but the list of players who've played better than Payne this season in this squad is... short to non existent.
Flashheart

« Reply #5056 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 18:36:35 »

He was one of our better players and could have been a force in L2 under the right manager.

A shame, but to be expected.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #5057 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 18:42:21 »

I mean if you don't think Payne is a loss, you can't think anyone in our squad is, right? He's been comfortably better than everyone in the squad bar maybe Twine and Odimayo.

Fair enough if you don't care if any of this lot leave given how they've been this season but the list of players who've played better than Payne this season in this squad is... short to non existent.
Yep. 
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5058 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 20:04:24 »

A trier, has something, but no idea where to play him has been the general theme for Payne.  I liked Isgrove more than him, which maybe says something about the squad these days vs a year ago.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5059 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 05:34:12 »

A "No Payne, No gain" clause?

Cheesy
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5060 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 06:26:20 »

Every single one of them can get to fuck. Awful squad.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5061 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 06:31:26 »

It's a very bad midfield. Payne looks better than he is because of it. I'd keep Grant in L2 and Lyden on a pay as you play, by none of the others. Odimayo is the only player I would be sad to lose. Twine will likely be snapped up, so little point considering him.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5062 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 09:12:34 »

I think only Camp, Twine, Payne, Odimayo and A Grant would be the only ones I would want to keep next season and then not overly bothered about any of them TBH.

I think Grant can be a force still if he plays in midfield in L2, Odimayo is definately one for the future and would be upset if he left, Twine has fits and starts, the last month hes been woeful but then most have bar Payne. Camp has proved to be a solid L1 stopper so should be fine in L2.

Pitman if played in the right role can still be a force but again not bothered at all if he leaves.

Conroy too has shown some good and some bad, the bad may be down to fitness concerns but again if he leaves I won't be overly upset.

The rest of them though...let them all leave they are either not up to standard or too injury prone despite being fairly talented (Fryers and Lyden spring to mind also possibly Iandolo who hit a small vein of form for 2 games at CB, all wasted wages for much of the season with only 25 starts between them all season the rest being injured).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5063 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 09:15:33 »

From the permanent players I'd keep Hunt, Missilou, Grant and Payne. Rest can sod off.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5064 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 09:17:12 »

From the permanent players I'd keep Hunt, Missilou, Grant and Payne. Rest can sod off.
Ah I forgot about Hunt, yes I would keep him, can't say I agree about Missilou though he has looked appalling at times and only had one good game away at Fleetwood. I think it was his hair weave that he had that day that made him so good Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5065 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 09:47:15 »

Ah I forgot about Hunt, yes I would keep him, can't say I agree about Missilou though he has looked appalling at times and only had one good game away at Fleetwood. I think it was his hair weave that he had that day that made him so good Smiley

Missilou is an odd one and I have a sneaking suspicion that he might actually be a handy player in L2. Hunt has been mainly poor but gets a pass based on his good showing in L2 last season.

I think its a big shame Payne won't be with us next season, he would have absolutely had a field day in the bottom division.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5066 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 09:52:32 »

Odimayo, Grant, Twine & Pitman

Camp has done well buts he’s obviously not a long term solution.
The rest have not just been awful on the pitch but have shown they don’t have the mentality to fight. They should all be let go/move on/shot
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5067 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 18:17:12 »

Conroy has just said on the supporters club facebook awards thing that he has another year
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #5068 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 19:02:53 »

Conroy has just said on the supporters club facebook awards thing that he has another year

Oh dear. 3 injury prone centre backs under contract for next season.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5069 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 19:12:32 »

Sounds like Payne has a release clause too.

Great.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: