Pages: 1 ... 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1621672 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5100 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:04:46 »

If you are going to extend Camp then he needs to be first choice - he doesn't travel down for training only for matches.  If he was no.2 he would be a waste of a wage so would rather have somebody that is going to bring some benefit to other GK's during the week.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5101 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:05:14 »

Lots of clubs publishing their retained lists. Presume ours will linger on into June.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5102 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:11:14 »

If you are going to extend Camp then he needs to be first choice - he doesn't travel down for training only for matches.  If he was no.2 he would be a waste of a wage so would rather have somebody that is going to bring some benefit to other GK's during the week.

I'm still not completely convinced in Camp if I am honest. Yes he was worked hard and made some decent stops but there are goals that he conceded that you do wonder if he could have done better. Wigan's first last weekend springs to mind. I don't think he is the worst keeper in the world and would probably 'do a job' in L2. Not totally sure him being number 2 would be a complete waste of a wage, he's an experienced keeper so would definitely add something to younger keepers learning the trade. I guess its similar to when we had McCormick. The alternative of course is to start to trust the youth keeper, although I have forgotten who that is.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #5103 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:46:21 »

I'm still not completely convinced in Camp if I am honest. Yes he was worked hard and made some decent stops but there are goals that he conceded that you do wonder if he could have done better. Wigan's first last weekend springs to mind. I don't think he is the worst keeper in the world and would probably 'do a job' in L2. Not totally sure him being number 2 would be a complete waste of a wage, he's an experienced keeper so would definitely add something to younger keepers learning the trade. I guess its similar to when we had McCormick. The alternative of course is to start to trust the youth keeper, although I have forgotten who that is.

But that is my point re number 2 being a waste of a wage - if he is not coming down for training, the only time the no.1 is going to gain some experience is on matchdays.  Would rather have an experienced no.2 that is going to train with the squad during the week.

I think Camp did well, and was exactly what we needed given our circumstances this season.  Next season we need to bring in players that are going to integrate and contribute to the squad for the next 2-3 seasons..  I think we have had enough of clear out and start again every summer.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5104 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:52:45 »

But that is my point re number 2 being a waste of a wage - if he is not coming down for training, the only time the no.1 is going to gain some experience is on matchdays.  Would rather have an experienced no.2 that is going to train with the squad during the week.

I think Camp did well, and was exactly what we needed given our circumstances this season.  Next season we need to bring in players that are going to integrate and contribute to the squad for the next 2-3 seasons..  I think we have had enough of clear out and start again every summer.

I must have missed the bit about training? What's that all about?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #5105 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:55:17 »

So, there is actually no foundation for it. Just a bit of speculation?

Oh no - there is foundation. How reliable that is, is another question.

Had a message last night from a Gashead friend saying "We're going in for Pitman, he's one of the 4 Barton said are essentially done".

What he knows, or how he knows it though, I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:57:02 by Crispy » Logged

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5106 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:56:47 »

Ah, OK. Thanks.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #5107 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:07:39 »

I must have missed the bit about training? What's that all about?

He only comes down for matches - that's the only way that they could get him to sign the short term deal.  Whether that would be different on a longer contract I don't know, but him being settled up north with a young family, it's hardly surprising that he wasn't willing to relocate for a short period.  I am sure he is less money motivated than most given his age and experience.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5108 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:30:29 »

He only comes down for matches - that's the only way that they could get him to sign the short term deal.  Whether that would be different on a longer contract I don't know, but him being settled up north with a young family, it's hardly surprising that he wasn't willing to relocate for a short period.  I am sure he is less money motivated than most given his age and experience.

Ah right thanks, I had missed that. Yes, in that case I see what you mean about a wasted wage for a number 2. Doesn't sound what we need at all.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5109 on: Thursday, May 13, 2021, 04:51:54 »

Odimayo voted official PotY, with Payne runner-up.

Isn’t he another one Sheridactyl was loathe to play for some obscure reason?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #5110 on: Thursday, May 13, 2021, 07:57:09 »

Odimayo voted official PotY, with Payne runner-up.

Isn’t he another one Sheridactyl was loathe to play for some obscure reason?

Woohoo, do I get a bonus for being his shirt sponsor Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5111 on: Thursday, May 13, 2021, 09:12:55 »

Woohoo, do I get a bonus for being his shirt sponsor Smiley

You won’t even get a replica shirt out of the club.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #5112 on: Thursday, May 13, 2021, 11:19:19 »

You won’t even get a replica shirt out of the club.

probably true
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5113 on: Thursday, May 13, 2021, 12:43:01 »

I'd like to see him here with a younger keeper with both vying for the No 1 shirt, Camp is not getting any younger and cant have many years left in the game, so maybe Camp can use his experience to help a younger keeper.
But if rumours are true that he only came in for matchdays then you cant have a player on the books not willing to commit.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5114 on: Thursday, May 13, 2021, 14:35:13 »

Presume the released list wont be long

Giametteis dad was on facebook group saying the club rung his son and told him he was being released.
At least do it to their faces ffs
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: