Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1620976 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5070 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 19:25:34 »

Yeah he said on the OSC awards thing, but did say it doesnt necessairly mean he is leaving. Got a house in Swindon and wants to settle somewhere, hasnt spoken to his agent yet.

*announces move next week then*
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #5071 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 19:27:19 »

I don't think I've ever looked forward to the release of the retained list as much as this one.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5072 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 19:56:55 »

When is it due out?

I come from a land down-under
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5073 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 20:02:46 »

I think all lists have to be submitted to the EFL before May 20... or something like that.

So any time before then.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5074 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 07:57:22 »

Sounds like Payne has a release clause too.

Great.

He has already triggered it so I hear - he won't be here next season

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #5075 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:04:12 »

Pitman is off down the M4 to Rovers  Bye

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5076 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:08:18 »

Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman is off down the M4 to Rovers  Bye

If he starts running now he might just get there for the opening game of next season.
Buggered if they are away though!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5077 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:18:52 »

Whilst for most of the season he looked like a lumbering, shell of a striker he did somehow manage to score a dozen goals for an absolutely shambolic side. He's obviously not in good shape and is 33, but in league 2 I reckon he's probably good for 20 goals next season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5078 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:20:40 »

If he starts running now he might just get there for the opening game of next season.
Buggered if they are away though!

If he starts running now, I'll be a bit miffed considering he hasn't run all season!

Would be happy to see Pitman leave. I do think he'll score goals in L2 but don't think he'll score enough to be worth the effect on the team caused by his lack of mobility, which restricts any chance of pressing from the front etc.

In many ways he's a bit like Mitrovic at Fulham - an eye for goal but so immobile that he didn't fit in with the way they wanted to play at all.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:22:19 by Nemo » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5079 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:32:33 »

BP was a qualified success I guess.
Twelve goals wasn't bad but could have been more. Hiding at the back post most of the time didn't help.
Not his fault that he was clearly not suited to play as a lone central striker.
If only there was an energetic young striker available that could have played alongside.

Displayed the body language of frustration very well though.
And must be in the top 5 of slowest Town players ever.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5080 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:35:52 »

If he starts running now, I'll be a bit miffed considering he hasn't run all season!

Would be happy to see Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman leave. I do think he'll score goals in L2 but don't think he'll score enough to be worth the effect on the team caused by his lack of mobility, which restricts any chance of pressing from the front etc.

In many ways he's a bit like Mitrovic at Fulham - an eye for goal but so immobile that he didn't fit in with the way they wanted to play at all.

That's a pretty good comparison actually. I haven't seen any Prem football all season, but do have friends that are Brentford and Fulham fans so keep up to date with what is going on at either clubs and Mitrovic's contribution this season, for such a good striker is pretty feeble.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5081 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:38:04 »

Just clear out and start again. There’s nobody here that I would be devastated to lose. That even goes for last season’s solid performers (Lyden, Grant, Conroy, Baudry and Fryers) - who are clearly good enough but not if they’re sat at home.

Edit: apart from Twine and Odimayo.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:43:28 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5082 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:48:47 »

As it stands, and a couple of triggering contracts aside, I think people will largely get their wish of a clearout. Can't see how it'll be any different.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5083 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:49:28 »

For me I'd probably keep Camp but look to have him as a backup (recruiting a first choice keeper like Benda would be amazing). His experience could be useful and if he wants to go into coaching why not having him doing both jobs?

For the others I think Odimayo once he sorts out his positioning is going to be a good pro. Athletic, pacy, good attributes for a footballer. Twine showed in glimpses he has the potential to be a decent number 10. And I also think the energy and ability of Jack Payne would be excellent in league 2. Finally out of left field I think Missilou just might be a handy addition for next season as well. Clearly I base that on no evidence at all, just my spidey senses!

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5084 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:50:10 »

Would be happy to see Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman leave. I do think he'll score goals in L2 but don't think he'll score enough to be worth the effect on the team caused by his lack of mobility, which restricts any chance of pressing from the front etc.

If you’re going to set up with a 433 with the two wide strikers being nippy, young mobile players and all Pitman has to do is be in the penalty area for when the ball comes across I’m not sure you’d find many better at our level.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: