Pages: 1 ... 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1612343 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5085 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:53:06 »

If you’re going to set up with a 433 with the two wide strikers being nippy, young mobile players and all Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman has to do is be in the penalty area for when the ball comes across I’m not sure you’d find many better at our level.

I don't really disagree with the principle - there are definitely ways you can set up the side where he'll still be useful. On other hand, in an unstructured side or anything resembling a pressing side, he'll be worse than useless. Kinda need to build the team around him and I wouldn't really want to see us do that because best case scenario we get one more year out of him.

Think part of our problem over the last part of this season is that trying to find a tactic which allowed Payne, Twine and BP to all play in the positions they want (two tens and a pure poacher) was... beyond Sheridan for sure. Possibly beyond any tactics!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5086 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:03:31 »

If you’re going to set up with a 433 with the two wide strikers being nippy, young mobile players and all Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman has to do is be in the penalty area for when the ball comes across I’m not sure you’d find many better at our level.

I think that formation could possibly have worked with Tyler Smith one side, Jack Payne the other and BP in the middle. Unfortunately we were way too gash at the back to have anything remotely as cavalier!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5087 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:07:22 »

Where’s this rumour about Pitman come from?
Panda Paws

« Reply #5088 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:09:44 »

Where’s this rumour about Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman come from?

No idea, but here's hoping it's true. It's not 2013. Lumbering old fools up front (or in goal) is not the way to win football matches.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5089 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:13:01 »

Definitely. Just my pure speculation but Tyler Smith with Jamile Matt from FGR would seem a terrific front 2 for L2.

That sort of thing, anyway.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #5090 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:15:42 »

Where’s this rumour about Pitman come from?

Me.

All joking aside. Julie Watts-esque, for those of you who remember.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5091 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:17:22 »

So, there is actually no foundation for it. Just a bit of speculation?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5092 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:19:17 »

That's a pretty good comparison actually. I haven't seen any Prem football all season, but do have friends that are Brentford and Fulham fans so keep up to date with what is going on at either clubs and Mitrovic's contribution this season, for such a good striker is pretty feeble.

Just to go off topic for a sec, I don't think Mitro started many games for Fulham and generally only against the lower teams. I think he is in a bit of a no mans land, too good for the Championship but too slow/immobile for the Prem.

Fun fact, a mate of mine had quite a long chat with him in  the ladies wear section of Fenwicks in Newcastle whilst they were both waiting for their other halve to try stuff on, apparently he's quite a nice bloke.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5093 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:24:38 »

So, there is actually no foundation for it. Just a bit of speculation?

You put it on the league 2 forum didn't you?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5094 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:27:58 »

Just to go off topic for a sec, I don't think Mitro started many games for Fulham and generally only against the lower teams. I think he is in a bit of a no mans land, too good for the Championship but too slow/immobile for the Prem.

Fun fact, a mate of mine had quite a long chat with him in  the ladies wear section of Fenwicks in Newcastle whilst they were both waiting for their other halve to try stuff on, apparently he's quite a nice bloke.

According to Wiki 25 games and 3 goals (not sure how many of these were started or coming off the bench mind you).

Was he LINGERING around in Fenwicks? Chortle.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5095 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:30:09 »

You put it on the league 2 forum didn't you?
Yeah. Try and wind up any lurking BRovers fans!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5096 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:31:57 »

Yeah. Try and wind up any lurking BRovers fans!

Clap

Panda Paws

« Reply #5097 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:34:53 »

Fun fact, a mate of mine had quite a long chat with him in  the ladies wear section of Fenwicks in Newcastle whilst they were both waiting for their other halve to try stuff on, apparently he's quite a nice bloke.

The Robert Earnshaw Dilemma
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5098 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:39:53 »

The Robert Earnshaw Dilemma

Earnshaw wasn't particularly slow was he? But I get the comparison you are making.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5099 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:43:39 »

Definitely. Just my pure speculation but Tyler Smith with Jamile Matt from FGR would seem a terrific front 2 for L2.

That sort of thing, anyway.
I posted last Summer that I would quite like Matt to come in if we played a target man, hes done ok at FGR but they haven't played to his strengths as Newport did. He managed to score 16 for FGR in 36 games with a few of those from the bench and still only 31 and has been nominated as EFL League Two Player of the Season.

Alongside Akinfenwa he is probably the best target man we have played against in the last 3 season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: