Pages: 1 ... 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1620739 times)
jevs

Ignore
« Reply #5010 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 10:43:04 »

I’d take Lucas or Smith - Amankwaah, Cuthert, Flint, Kennedy over every defence we’ve put out this season.

Maybe, Flint only signed in the January and went back out on loan though, and I seem to remember Cuthbert being crap without Greer. I struggle to decide between Pitman + 1 and Pericard and Dossevi as a front pairing
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5011 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:03:53 »

Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman will get goals if you provide him with service.
Assuming whoever has the say on who stays -  plans to try and provide their strikers with goal scoring chances - then he’s worth keeping.

Agree. Give Pitman the service in League Two, he will destroy teams next season.

Build a team around Camp, Odimayo, Payne and Pitman next season and that will have a lot of potential to do well.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5012 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:06:08 »

Who's it up that when you type Pit.man, it automatically converts to Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman ...? 

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5013 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:06:16 »

I somehow don't think Payne will be here next season

So, give no fucks
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5014 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:07:49 »

I somehow don't think Payne will be here next season

What makes you think that? If Sheridan says he's got a lot to work on but tries the hardest out of the lot of them to improve. He's not exactly been dynamite in this League. Average L1 player, Great L2 player at this point IMO

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5015 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:10:33 »

What makes you think that? If Sheridan says he's got a lot to work on but tries the hardest out of the lot of them to improve. He's not exactly been dynamite in this League. Average L1 player, Great L2 player at this point IMO

Average league one player in a white team with interest from championship clubs. I'll let you work that out.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5016 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:16:44 »

Maybe, Flint only signed in the January and went back out on loan though, and I seem to remember Cuthbert being crap without Greer. I struggle to decide between Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman + 1 and Pericard and Dossevi as a front pairing

Id still wager just signed from non league Flint would have been better than the garbage we’ve had at centre back this season.
We also had Sean Morrison till January.

Cuthbert was crap without Greer (selling him for me ranks #2 in our worst ever transfer decisions) but I’d still rate crap Cuthbert over any of the garbage we’ve had at centre back this season.

Pitman with McGovern and Richtie on the wings probably scores for a fun.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5017 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:18:16 »

I'm not sure how long Pitman signed for but wages could be an issue

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5018 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:19:30 »

Agree. Give Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman the service in League Two, he will destroy teams next season.
Do you really think he's got another season in him? Have to say I'd assumed he'd be retiring in the summer
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5019 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:21:33 »

Do you really think he's got another season in him? Have to say I'd assumed he'd be retiring in the summer

What, before he loses his pace and mobility?
Panda Paws

« Reply #5020 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:22:46 »

Even in this awful side, and given the points everyone has made about management, Brett has more often than not been absolutely useless at everything except clearing defensive set-pieces. He's very good at that.
Flashheart

« Reply #5021 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:22:55 »

Difficult to say. He's never been the quickest and has done quite well overall using other attributes instead so he might have longer in him than other players who are more reliant on speed.

And, again, I'm not going to judge a player under this manager. (Except for Curran who is clearly not up to it)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5022 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:32:04 »

Even in this awful side, and given the points everyone has made about management, Brett has more often than not been absolutely useless at everything except clearing defensive set-pieces. He's very good at that.

Pitman has a kept a scoring rate of 1 in 3 for his entire career.
If nothing else, he knows where the goal is.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5023 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:36:01 »

Thing is there are very few in contract anyway, so will depend who actually wants to stay and/or we can afford to make offers to.

As it stands I don't think we have any keeper contracted beyond the summer, in defence its only Baudry, Curran, Fryers, Hunt and Iandolo.

Midfield Lyden and Payne and up top no one.

Of those I think all could do a job in lg 2 whilst if we get knocked down to the National League Curran might have a chance.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:37:42 by horlock07 » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5024 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:37:24 »

Agree. Give Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman the service in League Two, he will destroy teams next season.

Build a team around Camp, Odimayo, Payne and Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman next season and that will have a lot of potential to do well.

No chance is he capable of doing a decent job in league two.
He is finished and has been a poor signing.
Compounded by comparing him to Yates a few games back, the gulf in class frightening.
A few non league players would do a far better job stepping up a level in my opinion.
Would be one player I would peddle at the end of this season, offers nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: