Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2005786 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3285 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 13:04:04 »

Well its one way of regaining control of a Council, Pendle was heading to no overall control until the Tories decided to readmit this member....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-40446680

But its antisemitism which is the real issue remember......
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3286 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 14:06:41 »

Do UKIP councillors now join Bluefin Tuna as an endangered species.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3287 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 14:21:28 »

Do UKIP councillors now join Bluefin Tuna as an endangered species.
I'm as keen on disposing of UKIP councillors as anyone, but giving them the Mussolini treatment seems a bit harsh:
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3288 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 15:02:40 »

I'm as keen on disposing of UKIP councillors as anyone, but giving them the Mussolini treatment seems a bit harsh:

Smiley

The key to the next election might boil down to who can best win the hearts and minds of those communities affected most by mass immigration.
These appear to be, in the main, traditional core Labour voting areas.
In the current environment there is possibly plenty of scope for a new populist party to spring up, which could easily be centrist, left, right, or even of an apolitical leaning, depending on the pitch.

I'd call it the "Look after the common people first you bunch of cunts" party.
A bit wordy, but I'm not sure if it can be improved upon given the general dearth of leadership talent available these days.

What's the keyboard shortcut for a circle with an A in the middle?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3289 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 15:08:46 »

Smiley

The key to the next election might boil down to who can best win the hearts and minds of those communities affected most by mass immigration.
These appear to be, in the main, traditional core Labour voting areas.
In the current environment there is possibly plenty of scope for a new populist party to spring up, which could easily be centrist, left, right, or even of an apolitical leaning, depending on the pitch.

I'd call it the "Look after the common people first you bunch of cunts" party.

Farage and his money man Arron Banks already have a plan for a populist/alt right UKIP 2.0. It's more likely to be a "Pretend to pander to the common people while being a bunch of cunts" party. Whether it gets launched depends to some extent on whether Farage wants the hassle, he's quite comfortable these days making a pile of money talking shite on the US right-wing talk show circuit. But if he gibs it, Banks will find someone else to front it. Be interesting (in the Chinese curse sense of the word) if Banks linked up with Jim Dowson.

What's the keyboard shortcut for a circle with an A in the middle?
@?
« Last Edit: Friday, May 4, 2018, 22:47:07 by pauld » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #3290 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 17:55:45 »

This made me laugh. I love how the tories losing seats has been framed as a 'lack of big gains'.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3291 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 18:58:21 »

Things Ummuna will demand an enquiry into: Labour gaining in an election
Things Ummuna won't demand an enquiry into: Illegal war in Iraq
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3292 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 19:11:01 »

Things Ummuna will demand an enquiry into: Labour gaining in an election
Things Ummuna won't demand an enquiry into: Illegal war in Iraq
He defifnitely loves himself.
If ever there was a rime for a centrist party, now is it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3293 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 20:20:27 »

Farage and his money man Arron Banks already have a plan for a populist/alt right UKIP 2.0. It's more likely to be a "Pretend to pander to the common people while being a bunch of cunts" party. Whether it gets launched depends to some extent on whether Farage wants the hassle, he's quite comfortable these days making a pile of money talking shite on the US right-wing talk show circuit. But if he gibs it, Banks will find someone else to front it. Be interesting (in the Chinese curse sense of the word) if Banks linked up with Jim Downing.
@?

Can we please ensure that Jarvis Cocker fronts this new party for the Common People?  I would get my coat, but I haven't had one in two years.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3294 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 22:33:05 »

Can we please ensure that Jarvis Cocker fronts this new party for the Common People? 
Clearly this should be enacted in electoral law as soon as is practically possible
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3295 on: Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 10:57:34 »

EEA anyone? (Especially interested in views from Brexiteers, given the discussion on here recently that people didn't vote to leave the single market, but the political union)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/08/labour-peers-force-may-to-give-mps-vote-over-single-market-plans
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3296 on: Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 11:15:04 »

EEA anyone? (Especially interested in views from Brexiteers, given the discussion on here recently that people didn't vote to leave the single market, but the political union)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/08/labour-peers-force-may-to-give-mps-vote-over-single-market-plans

I was amused to see the Brexiteers foaming over the amendment passed in the House, but posited by the Duke of Wellington, who is happily married to Princess Antonia of Prussia. You'd think the Honourable Member for the 18th Century, would be fully in favour of such intervention... though I suppose it might be considered a bit 19th century for his tastes.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3297 on: Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 11:18:18 »

I wanted to leave both the single market and political union. This vote is not surprising. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3298 on: Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 11:26:02 »

I wanted to leave both the single market and political union. This vote is not surprising. 
OK, so you'd be agin it then I take it? Why specifically?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3299 on: Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 11:50:02 »

Exactly what I argued for previously, and a perfect example of why an upper house is necessary.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: