Pages: 1 ... 742 743 744 [745] 746 747 748 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995746 times)
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11160 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 21:10:23 »

It's not primarily a party political point. I'd have the Thatcher govt back over this lot: didn't like them, but they weren't openly contemptuous of the law, parliament and democracy.
I think the miners might disagree
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11161 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 23:08:30 »

It's not primarily a party political point. I'd have the Thatcher govt back over this lot: didn't like them, but they weren't openly contemptuous of the law, parliament and democracy.

I’ll get the tissues. Pallet be enough?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #11162 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 01:17:04 »

tissues for issues
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #11163 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 07:31:12 »

I’ll get the tissues. Pallet be enough?
openly contemptuous of the law, parliament and democracy

That contempt is more notably shown by authoritarians of left and right.  

Thankfully, imo, more so elsewhere in the World.  Paul is of course right.

Order without law is not the British way.

« Last Edit: Friday, March 12, 2021, 07:49:27 by RedRag » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11164 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 07:57:41 »

openly contemptuous of the law, parliament and democracy

That contempt is more notably shown by authoritarians of left and right.  

Thankfully, imo, more so elsewhere in the World.  Paul is of course right.

Order without law is not the British way.

Shall I order another pallet?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11165 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 08:26:36 »

And yet again Legends Lounger consistently fails to engage in any debate, just snark and smirking. Point stands, this is the most corrupt, incompetent and undemocratic govt this country has seen in modern times.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #11166 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:25:12 »

And yet again Legends Lounger consistently fails to engage in any debate, just snark and smirking. Point stands, this is the most corrupt, incompetent and undemocratic govt this country has seen in modern times.

Intesting to compare and contrast the response in Germany to allegations of Conservative CDU corruption i.e backhanders for procuring masks etc.

Bundestag lifting immunity to search offices...calls for resignation from leading Conservatives...Parliamentary demands for a formal declaration from each CDU rep that they haven't profited from the pandemic...resignation by one accused for not meeting the 'special moral duty'.....all resulting in Conservative support slipping in at least two states.

Meanwhile....
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #11167 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:59:06 »

I would say on a par with Tony Blair's Labour party taking us to war on a lie resulting in 1,000's of deaths, which you so conveniently forget about!
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11168 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 11:15:40 »

There is no point. You’ll not change my mind and I’ll not change yours. You’re on here time and time again with your other lefty followers bitching about anything remotely associated with the Conservative party. To the point I rarely bother to read this page, honestly. I have better things to do with my life. I’m not as heavily invested in politics to the point of anal micro analysis like you are. Once you accept that politics is a dirty business and like any organisation there are those who are fully invested and in it for the greater good, (public or private) and then there are those who are on the make the easier your life will be. I accept that my political preference is at right angles to yours and 99% who post on this thread but like Red says in the Shawshank redemption, I don’t give a shit. The exception is your comment which you have made a number times so this is to clarify my position.

I take comfort that my politics are in the majority nationally. Regarding the corrupt, inwardly & incestuously protectionist EU also in the majority. By the time Labour get back in the shit I do not give will be bigger.

The status quo was, is and always will be the status quo. You’ll no doubt carry on your bitching and try to goad me into by slagging me off, however, you’d be better off spending your time posting up coming council election leaflets through letter boxes, mine will be used as kindling for my BBQ, that’s all of them BTW.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11169 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 11:24:03 »

I realised years ago that politics isn’t for the likes of us - unless you’re (not you personally, the collective you) prepared to get your hands dirty.

Politics is just a mirror image of society - corrupt, greedy, mostly incompetent, patronising, self serving.

No matter the hue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #11170 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 11:30:09 »

Absolutely love that phrase,  anal micro analysis.

It's actually true that there are so many people these days who are like this and whatever you post on social media have to read so deep into every word, not you Pauld as such but I do love the phrase
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #11171 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:12:49 »

I love a good political dingdong because I am willing to change my mind on stuff. I mean it's unlikely with the shit you lot spout, but sometimes one of you comes up with something inciteful.

If your views are so entrenched that you will never change them then: A) They are meaningless and B) You are a dick.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11172 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:29:17 »

I would say on a par with Tony Blair's Labour party taking us to war on a lie resulting in 1,000's of deaths, which you so conveniently forget about!
Not at all, I've consistently criticised the war criminal Blair (and described him as such) for precisely this
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #11173 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:37:09 »

Expect more announcements next week, as the Government is due to receive a Report expected to abet its plans to hand pick our presently still independent Judiciary.

The separation of powers between Executive, Legislative and Judiciary has been the foundation of most liberal democracies, notably the USA's.  Any moves by the Government to rig our judiciary will undermine rather than enhance the functioning of our democracy.

This is not a matter of left or right.  So envelope stuffing misses the point.  

IMO, the question is do we wish to follow the Trumpian direction of picking judges for their politics and of contesting election results so that control of the law is concentrated in the few.

Or do we wish the Government to have a program of laws, parliament to debate and pass them and independent judges to apply them?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11174 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:40:46 »

You’re on here time and time again with your other lefty followers bitching about anything remotely associated with the Conservative party.
You're taking this as party political. It's not. I'd happily take a competent, honest Tory govt over this lot and referenced your hero Maggie in that regard. They're not even Conservatives in any meaningful sense of the word, any more than Trump is. They are plumbing new depths of corruption and with it overturning institutions and conventions that are cornerstones of democracy and the rule of law to do so. In much the same way Trump did in the US, it is an attack on democracy in this country and a unique threat in a way that previous administrations, Tory or otherwise, have not been and it is completely antithetical to the traditions of the Conservative party.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 744 [745] 746 747 748 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: