Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston North End v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36204 times)
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 21:03:39 »

8:55-9:57 Grayson waits in the tunnel to give Darren Ward a warm greeting. Where do they know each other from?

They both drink from the same pool of stagnent water to prevent calf strains and dinosaur attacks.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 18:27:28 »

September felt like a pretty decent month for us yet we only won once. It says a lot about our expectations, doesn't it?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 19:08:52 »

September felt like a pretty decent month for us yet we only won once. It says a lot about our expectations, doesn't it?
I think it says a lot about some of our performances. We deserved a lot more than one point out of franchise and Wolves. Wins will come. As to expectations, I'll still be happy with a top half finish.

It's All Good..............
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 19:13:27 »

I think it says a lot about some of our performances. We deserved a lot more than one point out of franchise and Wolves. Wins will come. As to expectations, I'll still be happy with a top half finish.
Agreed. Wolves was probably the best performance I've seen in my time as a Town fan (not much competition admittedly) and we played well against both Franchise and Chelsea.

In previous years, the level of performance wouldn't have mattered to many and the results would have been considered unacceptable - that's why I think our expectations as a fanbase has shifted, partially because we've finally developed a sense of patience and also because we've demonstrated on a number of occasions just how good we can be. I hope this continues for a few years even if we don't enjoy any success.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 06:41:32 »

I forgot to predict a score for this. I was going for a 2-0 Preston win, any chance I can get the prediction table updated Samdy?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 07:48:48 »

Nope, sorry. I know you forgot and it was an incorrect prediction, but I'm sure other people forget too and it wouldn't be fair on them (or on me to have to keep entering predictions after the event).
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 07:53:22 »

Nope, sorry. I know you forgot and it was an incorrect prediction, but I'm sure other people forget too and it wouldn't be fair on them (or on me to have to keep entering predictions after the event).

It was a little toungue in cheek and didn't really expect you to mate!

More irritated with myself for forgetting to do it!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 11:39:42 »

Anyone else notice that after we scored our goal their keeper took down whoever our number 33 is? Looks like he punched him in the crotch! That's a fucking red card if ever I've see one...

I was going to post about that! Dirty fucker- just like the rest of his team by the sounds of it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 11:53:52 »

I was going to post about that! Dirty fucker- just like the rest of his team by the sounds of it.

They were just niggly all over the pitch and exposed our naievity as much as anything!

However Kevin Davies deserves everything he gets, the way he left his foot in on Thompson was well nawty.

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 11:57:51 »

The Thompson twins dish out as much if not more than they get. They'll injure plenty of players and get plenty of cards over their careers.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 12:13:28 »

The Thompson twins dish out as much if not more than they get. They'll injure plenty of players and get plenty of cards over their careers.

The difference being that they (particularly Nath) put in proper tackles not cowardly ones like Davies on Saturday though.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 12:18:13 »

They are neither intentionally dirty. Nathan especially does go in hard (hehe) but his eyes are always on the ball.

Davies has made a career of being dirty. Got away with it and then some last week, but it's not the reason we lost, obviously.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 12:34:33 »

but it's not the reason we lost, obviously.

It's certainly not Tails. We were poor until the last 15 end of.

Davies' treatment by the ref on Saturday was the exact reason Byrne's sending off annoyed the hell out of me. A lot was said on here about "the letter of the law" after MK. Where was this letter of the law on Saturday I ask myself?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 14:25:05 »

Cooper said it recently and it must be doing his head in, there seems to be no consistency at all among referees. I've become increasingly frustrated with it, we're quite an 'honest' team yet we seem to be punished for not cheating. OK granted, Pritchard and Ranger have probably been guilty of going to ground too easily but it seems to me that since Di Canio left, we haven't really had the rub of the green decisions wise. Brentford play off second leg a prime example.

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 14:28:40 »

Cooper said it recently and it must be doing his head in, there seems to be no consistency at all among referees. I've become increasingly frustrated with it, we're quite an 'honest' team yet we seem to be punished for not cheating. OK granted, Pritchard and Ranger have probably been guilty of going to ground too easily but it seems to me that since Di Canio left, we haven't really had the rub of the green decisions wise. Brentford play off second leg a prime example.

Been going for a lot longer then that, I remember one game when Wilson was in charge, we were playing Hartlepool at home midweek, ref was blatently biased, didnt give us anything, gave them everything, including a penalty in the last 5 mins. Worst ref performance I have witnessed ever!!!

I cant remember who the ref was, but he deserves a flying headbutt!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: