Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Tranmere Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21806 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 18:03:20 »

Byrne made a lot of good runs that although weren't rewarded with a telling pass, created space behind him for someone else to move into and exploit. He was okay.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 18:17:18 »

was ok, nothing special but puts in effort. Thought he was a bit narrow (central) at times. But as mentioned, we seemed intent in passing it through the middle rather than getting it wide.

...which did surprise me a little, given that Tranmere's own game plan involved parking the proverbial bus.  One game where, to me anyway, it might have made more sense to take the ball out wide.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 18:28:02 »

...which did surprise me a little, given that Tranmere's own game plan involved parking the proverbial bus.  One game where, to me anyway, it might have made more sense to take the ball out wide.

I don't think it was just you that thought that Smiley
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 18:48:18 »

I love our approach to the game now and we look class at times. However, surely it's worth giving Ranger something to attack now and then. It seems he does all the donkey work and works his socks off in playing the number 9 role very well, but when we have clear opportunities to utilise his strength in the air we insist on playing the ball back into crowded areas.
Can't help but feel we're missing a trick there, N'Guessan also has the presence to be effective from crosses.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 19:00:08 »

Can't help but feel we're missing a trick there

Agree  Clap

No point playing 2 wing backs and rarely putting in crosses
Ranger and N'Guessen both look like can handle that situation
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, October 7, 2013, 12:01:20 »

I sometimes think we play too much 'to feet' football. There were times in the game (quite a few of them tbh) where the ball went back and forth between the defenders and Wes when there was acres of empty space beyond their back line, towards the corner flags.

Instead of a backward or short infield ball, a good diagonal or long ball into the space for either of the Nathans to run on to would have torn Tranmere a whole host of new arseholes.

Still, a win and a clean sheet was none too shabby.

JMac had a really good game I think and no one had a bad one.
kerry red

« Reply #171 on: Monday, October 7, 2013, 12:13:02 »

I think the days of banging balls into the channels for some willing workhorse to run down are over at the CG.

And long may it last.

We need to get used to the 'to feet' style we are now playing and while it may be frustrating from time to time it sure as hell beats the pants of most of the guff on offer in League 1
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, October 7, 2013, 12:35:06 »

I think the days of banging balls into the channels for some willing workhorse to run down are over at the CG.

And long may it last.

We need to get used to the 'to feet' style we are now playing and while it may be frustrating from time to time it sure as hell beats the pants of most of the guff on offer in League 1

Don't get me wrong- I'm not campaigning for a total abandonment of 'to feet' but, I do think that sometimes, a player with vision can play a quality longer ball to open up the opposition.

Glen Hoddle did it frequently for us and was worshipped for it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #173 on: Monday, October 7, 2013, 12:36:48 »

I think we should play 4-4-2
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, October 7, 2013, 12:48:06 »

I think we should play 4-4-2

Smiley

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, October 7, 2013, 13:03:44 »

Don't get me wrong- I'm not campaigning for a total abandonment of 'to feet' but, I do think that sometimes, a player with vision can play a quality longer ball to open up the opposition.

Glen Hoddle did it frequently for us and was worshipped for it.

Hoddle did because he could deliver the ball on a sixpence from a 40 yard pass, league 1 players dont usually have the same skill and just ends up in a hopeless punt up field, lose the ball, and then leave the opposition to come at us, at least with the passing keep ball game we are playing, the opposition barely have the chance to score.

If the opposition dont have the ball, then they cant score!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: