Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston North End v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36195 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 13:46:48 »

Was that the case? I was not there yesterday, so only had the highlights to go on. Sounds like we need a 'Plan B' when teams combat our passing routes out from the back. I suppose not having Ranger as a 'route one' out ball meant it came straight back too?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 13:51:03 »

Another thing is, a lot of people who were at the game were making points about how dirty Preston were..it's one thing being physical, but totally different to being dirty with it..

2 injuries in the first half due to harsh tackles, neither of which resulted in a caution...consistency is so lacking in refereeing in general, even more so in the Football League...

Oh, that's not an excuse for losing the game, I wasn't there, but the general consensus is that we were fucking shit.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 14:05:24 »

...consistency is so lacking in refereeing in general, even more so in the Football League...

On MOTD last night they showed a challenge from Nolan ( Wet spam ) on Rosenior where Nolan got a yellow
Slow mo shows he went in 2 footed and had left the floor completely which is a straight red

And there was a tackle on Giroud which went unpunished that was worse than Byrnes red v franchise

Inconsistency

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 14:13:40 »

It's the traditional scapegoat player though isn't it. JMc should have challenged better but it should have never got that far! We get carved apart on the right but apparently the only person to blame is the left back.

That was exactly what I meant.  he definitely could and should have done better. But The defence had parted like the red sea and most culpable.

In any case we don't have much alternative at left back. Byrne is a worse defender and... Er,  that's it
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 14:14:07 »

On MOTD last night they showed a challenge from Nolan ( Wet spam ) on Rosenior where Nolan got a yellow
Slow mo shows he went in 2 footed and had left the floor completely which is a straight red

And there was a tackle on Giroud which went unpunished that was worse than Byrnes red v franchise

Inconsistency

Absolutely, I know there's such a thing as 'human error' but fuck me, some humans are prone to some massive fucking errors!

I feel that swearing in mid-sentence really show my dislike or love of something...

Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 14:32:29 »

I'm still convinced that McEverley is a decent player. He's played too many games at a higher level for his current form to be representative of what he can do.

The bloke seems to be absolutely lacking in confidence at the moment, which is leading to poor decision making and a vicious circle is created.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 14:36:21 »

The bloke seems to be absolutely lacking in confidence at the moment, which is leading to poor decision making and a vicious circle is created.

Sounds like A Williams
And Roberts

Hmmm

Bit of a theme appearing
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 14:37:30 »

.......and Alan O'Brien...oh wait, nah..he was just shite! Huh?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 16:32:19 »

If we carry on conceding at the current rate, we are on course to concede 66 goals this season.  Last season, we conceded 39.  Even when you consider that we have had a tough opening two months, that is a frightening statistic that needs to be remedied.

Do we have a specific defensive coach at the moment?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 16:36:11 »

Inconsistency

Considering each decision is made by a different ref from a different angle at different speeds- I'm not sure why people expect such consistency.

It's human judgement at the end of the day.

Flashheart

« Reply #190 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 10:07:06 »

Preston fans come over as a bunch of dickheads on FF.
Dozno9

« Reply #191 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 10:36:29 »

Considering each decision is made by a different ref from a different angle at different speeds- I'm not sure why people expect such consistency.

It's human judgement at the end of the day.

When the same ref in the same game is inconsistent it is a bit crap.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 11:56:53 »

It does seem to tie in with the change of goalkeeping coach.  As good as a keeper Digby was, maybe he's not a very good coach?

His inconsistency will make it less likely for a team to come in for him in January though.

Digby is not an experienced coach, he is basically an ex player brought in, before he was brought in here at the beggining I think he worked part time on his own business not as a goal keeping coach.

I would say surely Wes needs someone who has experience as a GK coach, I think that Picareta (?) the GK under PDC had experence as a coach and Wes did see to be improving, but since KMac & Cooper who dosen't look as assured. 

But this maybe also due to asking Wes to play perhaps slightly different role in coming a lot earlier and always being available for the ball almost playing as a sweeper at times.

The other side to this is that every coach has to start somewhere.   
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 12:07:46 »

Digby is not an experienced coach, he is basically an ex player brought in, before he was brought in here at the beggining I think he worked part time on his own business not as a goal keeping coach.

I would say surely Wes needs someone who has experience as a GK coach, I think that Picareta (?) the GK under PDC had experence as a coach and Wes did see to be improving, but since KMac & Cooper who dosen't look as assured. 

But this maybe also due to asking Wes to play perhaps slightly different role in coming a lot earlier and always being available for the ball almost playing as a sweeper at times.

The other side to this is that every coach has to start somewhere.   

As I said before I really don't get why this debate is going on about Wes and by extension Digby...

Based on Saturdays performance  (and the back end of last season) the short comings in Wes's game are that he doesn't have the skill to dribble round an on-coming attacker having been given yet another suicide back pass on his wrong foot, its nothing to do with goal keeping and all to do with being behind a defence who did not have the normal out ball to midfield so when pressed went sideways and backwards.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 12:17:17 »

I get that bit... my criticism of him at the back end of last season was based on the raft of penalties he conceded by rushing out and taking down centre forwards (how he never got a red, I'll never know). Those scenarios alone made me question his concentration/decision making.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: