Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston North End v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36218 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 11:39:16 »

Let's hope Smith get's well soon! He looked decent...anyone know how long he's out or what's wrong with him?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 11:44:04 »

What a pair of fucking shit goals to concede! Why didn't jmac header it instead of letting Hume get there first! Pathetic!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 11:55:25 »

Sorry to say but Kasim was responsible for the first goal. The highlights don't show it. Tbf his reaction showed he knew this too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 12:12:42 »

Sorry to say but Kasim was responsible for the first goal. The highlights don't show it. Tbf his reaction showed he knew this too.

Kasim is human after all then!!..... Huh?

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 12:17:30 »

Even as someone who hasn't been often yet this season, it's clear to see that something needs to change at the back.  The second goal, in particular, showed that the communication/understanding between the keeper and his defenders is not there.

If we carry on conceding at the current rate, we are on course to concede 66 goals this season.  Last season, we conceded 39.  Even when you consider that we have had a tough opening two months, that is a frightening statistic that needs to be remedied.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 12:18:56 »

LIES, BURN THE HERETIC!  
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 12:20:42 »

I lost count today of the number of times it went back an forth across the back four without going anywhere, eventually it went back to Wes who had to lump it.....Wes becomes the out ball when the defenders are under pressure and this means he is under pressure as he gets ever more ridiculous back passes to deal with, often on his wrong foot!
Good point

I think JMac's ridiculous backpass was a symptom of what you say - Wes would have had to half volley a clearance or take a touch of a bouncing ball on his own goal line at best. 

JMac's responsibility but not sure what Wes was doing sprinting off his line either

Don't know if we've got too precious to coach defenders in  the merits of "Row z" and "Get yer head in"

Interesting stat on the 66 goals by Ardiles too - fairly clear where the problem is now that Williams is no longer our lone target man.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 12:22:07 »

Maybe he was responsible earlier in the move
It was JMc on the 3yd line trying to kick a ball that wanted heading

He made no attempt to go up and challenge for the ball  Roll Eyes
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 12:57:21 »

Just watched the highlights. Looked a possible penalty for us on our last attack. A point would have been welcome, if undeserved.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 13:09:41 »

A player who get's a lot of stick is Grant Hall, I think he's alright but clearly lacks experience...

I'm wondering how good Branco is....also same goes for Belford...I wonder if either will get the nod against Plymouth...we've never been a team who have used their back up goalkeepers...Jesionkowsi, Scott, Bedwell etc..

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 13:15:17 »

Anyone else notice that after we scored our goal their keeper took down whoever our number 33 is? Looks like he punched him in the crotch! That's a fucking red card if ever I've see one...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 13:16:51 »

Maybe he was responsible earlier in the move
It was JMc on the 3yd line trying to kick a ball that wanted heading

He made no attempt to go up and challenge for the ball  Roll Eyes

It's the traditional scapegoat player though isn't it. JMc should have challenged better but it should have never got that far! We get carved apart on the right but apparently the only person to blame is the left back.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 13:19:38 »

No he isnt the only player to blame but ffs put in a challenge on the 3yd line
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 13:20:32 »

McEvely did bad for both goals, I don't think he was aware of Hume, hence thinking he could kick it. I thought Wes could probably have got to the backpass though, makes a right hash of trying to clear it off the line!

Our defence is the weakest part, I don't think Wes has been as commanding, and I still can't see a solid understanding between Ward and Hall.

Nice goal by Dany. Hope Thompson isn't out long, he's great.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 13:37:32 »

McEvely did bad for both goals, I don't think he was aware of Hume, hence thinking he could kick it. I thought Wes could probably have got to the backpass though, makes a right hash of trying to clear it off the line!

Our defence is the weakest part, I don't think Wes has been as commanding, and I still can't see a solid understanding between Ward and Hall.

Nice goal by Dany. Hope Thompson isn't out long, he's great.

The problem with the defence yesterday was that as Kasim and Luongo were being marked out the game they had no outlet so we ended up giving it back to Preston.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: