Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 [293]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (Current 2019-20)  (Read 823630 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4380 on: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 22:15:59 »

Unfortunately stinks of "Fear of failure" for Joe. A shame but at Melksham he'll been seen as a big fish in a small pond. He'll probably enjoy that, especially while on a pro wage. Likely be too late to realise it was the wrong decision when the penny drops.

My mantra is to always push yourself and it should never be a piece of piss. It's all relative though, if he's comfortable with that then fair enough. Shame though, it's a privileged position to be in and you'd like to think he would make the most of it. Hope he doesn't regret it when he looks back.
Iíve played one level below that and Iím crap. Heís playing teams like Slimbridge and Cinderford from what I remember when I played, itís not even remotely close to league level. Seems very foolish to me.
bamboonoshop

Chief Feather Ruffler

Ignore
« Reply #4381 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 01:04:27 »

Iíve played one level below that and Iím crap. Heís playing teams like Slimbridge and Cinderford from what I remember when I played, itís not even remotely close to league level. Seems very foolish to me.

Hmmm it does seem a tad strange. But maybe he isn't having much foresight and thinks "this is alright, piss easy football, less training and I'm still getting a pro wage."

It'll bite him on the bum. I wasn't brilliant but half decent, the closest I got to "big time" was training with Hednesford Town Reserves. It was probably a borderline moment for myself after missing out getting picked up by Chesterfield (two other lads in my team did but they weren't great and one was a stroppy cunt (surprised then he didn't go on to make a career in the Prem!), one of our keepers got picked up deservedly by Notts County, I was certain he would make it) but travelling 3-4 times a week as a 16/17yr old to Cannock Chase with no parents to take me or afford to fund it, it was quite difficult to maintain (travelling from near Chesterfield). Had there been more support links/programmes I could've continued.

A raft of trials and playing for a few semi-pro clubs followed. Coupled with being jaded by the Chesterfield miss out and other things beginning to interest me (not just the cliche of women and beer), you feel that bit of the dream slipping away. There's a millions, if not more similar stories to mine. I'm sure with ones that got even closer to being a "nearly man".

COYR WAWRAWA COYR
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4382 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 13:40:20 »

That's an interesting way to make a story about Joe Romanski about yourself....

I like Joe. Trains at the same gym at me and is a nice lad... I hope he can come back into the STFC fold.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4383 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 16:38:22 »

My nephew Olly play at Melksham with him.  Says he's allright.

Searing insight as ever there.

Never knowingly overstated.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4384 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 16:55:48 »

Seems a bit harsh to me with the lack of ambition comments. He's young and enjoying life, why not enjoy it whilst it lasts. I would.
bamboonoshop

Chief Feather Ruffler

Ignore
« Reply #4385 on: Friday, February 21, 2020, 21:07:49 »

That's an interesting way to make a story about Joe Romanski about yourself....

I like Joe. Trains at the same gym at me and is a nice lad... I hope he can come back into the STFC fold.

Not really. Theakston mentioned he played at a similar level to that JR is at currently. Natural conversation flow meant there was a relative interest that came full circle. I was purely offering a slight insight as to what JR may be thinking and highlighted the difficulties of "making it", that are sometimes out of our hands. For JR, he is in a more privileged position. I'm purely saying I hope he doesn't waste it.

Sorry for being semi-decent at football and offering a "relative" experience. The fuck is it with some of you people on here.

COYR WAWRAWA COYR
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #4386 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:43:15 »

Real shame Lydon is out for the rest of the season. Class act of a player.

Weíve consistently looked our best when playing 433 with Lydon, Grant and Doughty in mid

Fine to play 4231 at home but will be interesting if Rose or Palmer get a run in the away games
Peter Venkman

Enjoy yourself its later than you think.

Ignore
« Reply #4387 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:49:17 »

Lyden is a big miss but we have the talent at the club in midfield to soak up that problem, we have Palmer, Rose and Anderson who can now vye for a starting place in a similar slot in the team.

Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band
First-night nerves every one-night stand
I should be glad to be so inclined
What a waste! What a waste!
Rock n Roll don't mind.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 [293]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: