Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611772 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4335 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 16:04:51 »

That's not what the rule you quoted says though, it says "each EFL Club must include at least one Club Developed Player on a team sheet for each Sky Bet EFL Match". Doesn't say anything about how many subs you name, so it reads like that would apply whether we name 7 subs or none. I'm sure there's some other provision that does allow for this, but it seems to contradict the bit you quoted?
Thats why I changed it Smiley

There are 2 rules, one is Home Grown, one is club developed, they are very different.

My first post was about Home Grown but I then realised it wasn't a question about Home Grown it was a question on club developed players.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 16:06:23 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4336 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 16:34:04 »

Thats why I changed it Smiley

There are 2 rules, one is Home Grown, one is club developed, they are very different.

My first post was about Home Grown but I then realised it wasn't a question about Home Grown it was a question on club developed players.
OK, but doesn't the same apply? Don't think we had a Club developed player on the bench either did we? Or am I being thick?
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #4337 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 16:44:14 »

I dont know the rules but from has been said I assume that you can have 7 subs if you include a home developed player if you dont  its 6 subs

ome on you reds
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4338 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 16:54:31 »

I dont know the rules but from has been said I assume that you can have 7 subs if you include a home developed player if you dont  its 6 subs
I think that's what PV is saying, but it doesn't seem to be what the rule he quoted says, hence my confusion. I'm sure it's just me being thick, it's been that kind of day Sad
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4339 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 17:10:24 »

Changing tact slightly I think it was on this thread that it was mooted that DJ could be a target for a season long but I think at 22 he's going to be given a chance at Championship level, presumably with Norwich. He's been absolutely unplayable recently.

This suggests he is out of contract at the end of the season, he'd be an absolutely out of this world signing for next season but you would imagine Norwich will look to extend.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/02/03/do-outstanding-unplayable-manager-claims-norwich-loanee-is-100-p/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #4340 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 18:03:07 »

Good of the FA to allow us 7 subs for the rest of the season with no obligation to have a youngster on the bench. Something to do with us having sold ‘a few’ kids already this season.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4341 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 18:47:28 »

Yes that is correct.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4342 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 19:06:49 »

Not too much of interest in the phone in. Grant and Doyle both 6 month deals to be reviewed if/when we get promoted.

Sounds a bit pissed off re training facilities.

No idea on favourite cheese.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #4343 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 19:42:25 »

Sounds like a strong team playing at Melksham in the Wiltshire Shield against Salisbury tomorrow.  Will be worth a watch for us locals with Isgrove, Rose, Lyden, Broadbent, McGilp, Curran, McCormick as well as new boys Palmer and Muskwe all starting. Decent pitch there also.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4344 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 19:43:48 »

McGlip went on trial at Waterford and they arent taking him
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4345 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 20:47:11 »

McGlip went on trial at Waterford and they arent taking him
He seems more interested in becoming a professional gamer.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4346 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 20:51:37 »

Decent money in it if he does well
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4347 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 09:11:52 »

What is that thing he keeps putting on Twitter? Is it so that people can watch him on his playbox?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4348 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 10:00:09 »

Yes that is correct.
Don't think it is. Wellens clarified this last night. Ordinarily, we'd need to have one home grown on the bench but we've "got a letter from the FA" giving us special dispensation not to as we are developing and selling players younger. Don't think the numbers on the bench come into it, he said in his postmatch on Saturday that he only went with 6 because that's all he thought was up to the standard (paraphrasing).
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4349 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 10:26:50 »

Don't think it is. Wellens clarified this last night. Ordinarily, we'd need to have one home grown on the bench but we've "got a letter from the FA" giving us special dispensation not to as we are developing and selling players younger. Don't think the numbers on the bench come into it, he said in his postmatch on Saturday that he only went with 6 because that's all he thought was up to the standard (paraphrasing).
Interesting, lets see if we carry on with just 6 on the bench or back to 7 if thats the case.

I am not always convinced Mr Wellens fully understand the rules, like his comments about signing players up to 11.59am on a Saturday.

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: