Pages: 1 ... 1894 1895 1896 [1897]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 3157284 times)
DV Canio
Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock

+7/-62

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28440 on: Today at 11:51:22 »

I understand what you are saying Reg, but its surely to early too make that call.

Carrick did stand out immediately, though Milner already had some experience.

My counter example would be Matt Ritchie. Remember thinking he started off extremely averagely for us in comparison to Holmes (?) he was competing/replacing when he first came on loan? Think it was 5 or 6 games in and he suddenly clicked up a gear. Then another. Then another..

Will be interesting to see which way it goes, hopefully hes more Ritchie than Colkett on the influence scale.

First loan spell Matt Ritchie couldn’t get into our team ahead of Danny Ward.
Ticker45

+3/-1

Ignore
« Reply #28441 on: Today at 12:04:01 »

My counter example would be Matt Ritchie. Remember thinking he started off extremely averagely for us in comparison to Holmes (?) he was competing/replacing when he first came on loan? Think it was 5 or 6 games in and he suddenly clicked up a gear. Then another. Then another..

I have always thought that it is very dependant upon the manager style and his playing background whether a player progresses to his true potential. Ritchie blossomed under Di Canio without a doubt and listening to the Loathed Stranger Podcast with Aaron Oakley who rated Di Canio very highly, that may have been the catalyst that rubbed off onto Ritchie. If Phil Brown can do something similar with the current squad then I will be quite happy.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+103/-360

Ignore
« Reply #28442 on: Today at 12:10:14 »

I understand what you are saying Reg, but its surely to early too make that call.

Carrick did stand out immediately, though Milner already had some experience.

Will be interesting to see which way it goes, hopefully hes more Ritchie than Colkett on the influence scale.

Absolutely fair comments....  watching players and passing sentence is a major part of fandom though... we've all got different opinions, and sometimes our initial views need to changed... nothing wrong with that.

It'll be interesting to see if PB finds a place for Dunne tomorrow.
Legends-Lounge

+35/-165

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28443 on: Today at 12:13:27 »

Took Jan Age Fjortoft how many games to finally click from who the fuck is this to legendary status. Did go go out on loan or was he about to when he suddenly took off?
Flashheart

+39/-10071

FUCK YEAH! ©™

« Reply #28444 on: Today at 12:18:24 »

He was about to go on loan. Then he scored 'that' goal away to Ipswich(?) in a cup game. The rest, as they say, is history.

I like it firm and fruity.
adje

+11/-4

Ignore
« Reply #28445 on: Today at 12:24:31 »

Nobody is saying that he hasn't a talent, rather what is he doing with that talent.  It isn't easy to impose yourself on games, obviously B and H A, have sent him here to try and develop that aspect.... we shall see. 

Milner was another we had, who straight away you could tell he'd be a player, nothing fancy, just immediately into the game.... great attitude.  It's taken him a long way.

I felt the same about David Thompson but he never really fulfilled his promise despite a subsequent big money move

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+103/-360

Ignore
« Reply #28446 on: Today at 12:25:32 »

Took Jan Age Fjortoft how many games to finally click from who the fuck is this to legendary status. Did go go out on loan or was he about to when he suddenly took off?

Slight difference in that JAF was an established international.  Who could forget his role in the classic Bjorge Lillelien debacle?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+103/-360

Ignore
« Reply #28447 on: Today at 12:29:11 »

I felt the same about David Thompson but he never really fulfilled his promise despite a subsequent big money move

Good one... he did look the biz.  From memory it might have injury that did for him.  More recently Ryan Mason, again more or less straight away you could see his class... horrible way to have your career ended  Sad
Batch
Thingie

+108/-46

Ignore
« Reply #28448 on: Today at 12:39:20 »

Absolutely fair comments....  watching players and passing sentence is a major part of fandom though... we've all got different opinions, and sometimes our initial views need to changed... nothing wrong with that.

Damn right there's nothing wrong with it! Its a boring old world if we don't talk about things.

FWIW I agree  - I've seen his ability, but he has to prove it is effective in the team/division. At least Brown  won't get the kleenex out post match because Alzate back-heeled a pass to someone that ended up in nothing whatsoever.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

+51/-86

Ignore
« Reply #28449 on: Today at 14:02:28 »

If this lad Eisa does sign the other STFC fans are livid. They were expecting him to ‘light up our season’.

Very exciting player, apparently. We definitely need quality service into the box - more so now as it seems Taylor has gone right off the boil.
Flashheart

+39/-10071

FUCK YEAH! ©™

« Reply #28450 on: Today at 14:15:02 »

Just has a look, they really do rate him: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/97896/abo-eisa

I like it firm and fruity.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

+51/-86

Ignore
« Reply #28451 on: Today at 14:31:26 »

Could see him playing the Nathan Byrne type role.
Batch
Thingie

+108/-46

Ignore
« Reply #28452 on: Today at 14:31:56 »

Obviously early in his career so he's not had that much game time, but must have done well to impress them in such a short time.

Encouraging, refreshing not to see 'good, I'll drive him there myself' comments!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

+7/-17

Ignore
« Reply #28453 on: Today at 15:34:50 »

I wonder what Dostoevskys' reaction would be to us signing a player from his favourite team? Blow Up

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 1894 1895 1896 [1897]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: