Pages: 1 ... 1792 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 1798 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047381 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #26910 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 12:33:27 »

The new colour scheme for Google Maps is all wrong.  It was bad enough a few years ago when they turned UK motorways orange (in the interests of aligning internationally).  Now they've turned them yellow...exactly the same colour as most A roads.  No distinction at all between motorways, dual-carriageway A roads or single-carriageway A roads.  Don't like it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26911 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 12:44:28 »

The new colour scheme for Google Maps is all wrong.  It was bad enough a few years ago when they turned UK motorways orange (in the interests of aligning internationally).  Now they've turned them yellow...exactly the same colour as most A roads.  No distinction at all between motorways, dual-carriageway A roads or single-carriageway A roads.  Don't like it.

Stick with the OS, one of the few great British institutions left. Doubtless the Tories will try and flog it off soon, so enjoy it while you still can.

Richard Long got it right.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26912 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 14:35:44 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-42052234

Don't fucking use them then..... I don't know of any shop which has automated checkouts that doesn't also have manned ones!
woolster

« Reply #26913 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 15:23:10 »

does anyone know how to block companies that use auto dialling to home phones that never fucking speak when you answer, its getting on my nerves  Bad Mood
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26914 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 15:38:00 »

Don't fucking use them then..... I don't know of any shop which has automated checkouts that doesn't also have manned ones!

You can be pretty much assured that supermarkets will increasingly look to do away with their checkout staff as it will be cheaper to get people to do it themselves.

The same thing happened with petrol, when I first started driving, you'd roll onto the forecourt, and someone would put your petrol in, if quiet they also might check your tyres, oil and clean the windscreen.

Personally, I always try to use traditional services which keep people in a job, which is why I still pay by cash/cheque etc.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26915 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 15:57:42 »

Actually, Tesco Express do have periods where only the automated checkout is available.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #26916 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 16:11:54 »

Actually, Tesco Express do have periods where only the automated checkout is available.

The ones up here don't, although the person working the counter is usually so busy that if you need booze to be checked its normally the security guard who comes and does it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26917 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 17:48:41 »

Anyway, won't be long and the Amazon shops will invade as well, where next to no instore staff are needed and checkouts don't exist.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26918 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 17:52:01 »

You can be pretty much assured that supermarkets will increasingly look to do away with their checkout staff as it will be cheaper to get people to do it themselves.

The same thing happened with petrol, when I first started driving, you'd roll onto the forecourt, and someone would put your petrol in, if quiet they also might check your tyres, oil and clean the windscreen.

Personally, I always try to use traditional services which keep people in a job, which is why I still pay by cash/cheque etc.
I haven’t written a cheque for ages. A bigger problem will soon be online banking only. Sure, it’s convenient but I don’t trust it.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #26919 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 17:56:51 »

Anyway, won't be long and the Amazon shops will invade as well, where next to no instore staff are needed and checkouts don't exist.

Entirely necessary as all the staff will need to be in the fields picking the crops or cultivating in the new dig for victory presently being promoted by the government!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26920 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 18:50:23 »

The focus of the article may seems a bit trivial, but the overall campaign re "chronic" loneliness & the elderly is a good one.

Hopefully many years away yet, but on passing I would like to be discovered after a couple of months as a mere outline left imprinted on the bedsheets, and preferably with credit cards & overdraft maxed out so that the government can pick up the bill.
Ashes to be sprinkled at the away end of some Northern ground.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #26921 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 19:08:22 »

The focus of the article may seems a bit trivial, but the overall campaign re "chronic" loneliness & the elderly is a good one.

Hopefully many years away yet, but on passing I would like to be discovered after a couple of months as a mere outline left imprinted on the bedsheets, and preferably with credit cards & overdraft maxed out so that the government can pick up the bill.
Ashes to be sprinkled at the away end of some Northern ground.

Sounds like you've already had an afternoon of chronic loneliness. Hope your ashes make it back from Cleethorpes.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26922 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 00:26:01 »

Sounds like you've already had an afternoon of chronic loneliness. Hope your ashes make it back from Cleethorpes.

The joy of independent logistical enterprises free from the encumbrance of human company.
Two mile stroll back to musty old hotel room above a noisy pub.
Good to spend a wet Tuesday night in Grimsby with a couple of hundred hardy souls.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26923 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 09:16:51 »

Swindon gridlock
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26924 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 09:22:29 »

does anyone know how to block companies that use auto dialling to home phones that never fucking speak when you answer, its getting on my nerves  Bad Mood

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/mobile/index.html
Pages: 1 ... 1792 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 1798 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: