Pages: 1 ... 1795 1796 1797 [1798] 1799 1800 1801 ... 2653   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5036002 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #26955 on: Friday, December 1, 2017, 11:45:44 »

The London Stadium fiasco rumbles along:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42194382

Still, on the bright side, at least the bit about re-negotiating deals may give the 'dildo brothers' some sleepless nights.   Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26956 on: Friday, December 1, 2017, 13:18:24 »

Fucking ridiculous this now. Schools are no longer allowed to take folders of paperwork on school trips, such as registers, because it can be deemed a security risk. You can take them, only if they are secure, in a briefcase for example.

This GDPR is affecting businesses and education, and a lot people are not aware!

This will be because plenty of idiots can't be trusted to secure data and information.  One of the top Credit Risk Buerua's can't even design a website that secures your personal data when laws already exist.  Usually in these situations people lose their ability to assess risk though - so for the 1% who cause the problem probably 10% go to the other extreme when they don't need to.
Flashheart

« Reply #26957 on: Sunday, December 3, 2017, 12:24:24 »

Worked like a cunt all last week, including yesterday, and was so looking forward to a day off.

Now I have a day off and I'm bored. I might get some work done.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #26958 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 13:55:21 »

Download 7 Days to Die.
Flashheart

« Reply #26959 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 14:38:03 »

Somebody mentioned that game to me yesterday.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #26960 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 17:06:31 »

The phrase "Raise awareness of......" is really starting to get on my tits. Obviously some things are really important charitable organisations that want/need our money, but why does our "awareness" of that have to be raised ? Why can't they just ask for money ? And as for some of the others, why do I need my awareness of LGBT issues raising ? Or Feminism ? Or even those rare diseases that are unlikely to affect me or my immediate family/friends. If something happens to affect me or someone I know, there are unlimited resources to find out more if I need to, why do I need to know about it now ? I have enough to remember without having extra stuff to think about.

I know this sounds like a really selfish attitude to take, (and it probably is) but its got to the stage where every time I hear that phrase now, I go into Mr Grumpy mode before I even hear what I supposedly need to learn about. Where is the campaign to raise awareness for the plight of people who don't want to be bombarded with stupid campaigns trying to raise awareness for some shit ?
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #26961 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 18:23:53 »

why does our "awareness" of that have to be raised ?

For prevention of diseases, illnesses, and the changing of attitudes to social issues like LGBT/sexuality etc?

Knowledge and education.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26962 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 18:35:02 »

For prevention of diseases, illnesses, and the changing of attitudes to social issues like LGBT/sexuality etc?

Knowledge and education.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.  Clearly there are people who don't want their awareness raised as they might have to start  thinking about stuff.... this can be a painful process and doesn't necessarily get the individual further forward.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26963 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 18:36:36 »

BT whacking their prices up for the third time in 18 months. It breaks the contract so means I can walk away entirely, but the effort involved is a giant pain in the arse. 15% rise as well, you think there'd be some rule about not being able to up it during the contracted period by anything above inflation.

Again! The absolute arsebiscuits. Unbe-loody-lievable. Sick of ringing the bastards to complain, knowing they'll drop the price significantly but enough people won't bother...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #26964 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 11:12:19 »

£32 to go and see the big man.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26965 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 11:15:36 »

£32 to go and see the big man.

Does that include travel to Switzerland?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #26966 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 17:54:28 »

Being interviewed for an internal job tomorrow

- Extra responsibilities
- No pay increase
- No guarantee of a promotion within that area in the future

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26967 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 18:05:04 »

we, I know it's the point you are making .. but... why?

security?
bored with current role?
self (and CV) improvement?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #26968 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 18:18:15 »

we, I know it's the point you are making .. but... why?

security?
bored with current role?
self (and CV) improvement?

The latter two are applicable.

My boss manages various departments and has put one of the line managers of another area in charge of the team I work in. However, said line manager doesn’t have time to fully commit so wants a member of the team to take on some of the workload.

It’s really quite farcical.

I was almost signed off to be the team manager of the department last year but there was a company wide structual review which meant I missed out on the real thing so I’m kind of repositioning to make it known that I still want the main job when it comes back up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26969 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 19:24:55 »

seems like a good idea to me, worst case is it doesn't come off but you learn new stuff and get a better job elsewhere!
Pages: 1 ... 1795 1796 1797 [1798] 1799 1800 1801 ... 2653   Go Up
Print
Jump to: