Pages: 1 ... 2481 2482 2483 [2484] 2485 2486 2487 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8963901 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37245 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:26:37 »

I have a feeling that a wide player will be one of the loans we use, possibly for ex Town youngster Jayden Mitchell-Lawson from Derby who spent half the season on loan at Rovers and did well.
Burton Albion, Rochdale, Bristol Rovers & Portsmouth have registered interest in signing Derby County winger Jayden Mitchell-Lawson on loan.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37246 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:34:17 »

Fair enough, trust their view better, my brief search after seeing his name on here made him seem to be a number 10 type player. Chipped in with a good number of goals from centre mid then especially at Bradford in League 1.
I know his name but knew little of him, he is a very attack minded midfielder who chips in with some penalties too, very left footed and quite skillful in the clips I have seen of him, still only 25, has a bit of pace too.

Started his career at Southend as a left winger but progressed into a more central role, loves to run with the ball at his feet.

Appears to be a similar style to Anderson as he carries the ball forward with pace but from deeper than Anderson usually did though.

Looks promising and still youngish.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:36:29 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Flashheart

« Reply #37247 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:43:25 »

And if we did get him it'd probably be for less than we were paying keshi, and for less than what Blackpool are currently paying Keshi.

Big budgets aren't everything.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #37248 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:47:06 »

Not criticising Wellens/Jewell at all but almost every player linked to us has been a central midfielder.

We have signed Grant, alongside Doughty, Palmer, Lyden, as well as youngster McGilp, add to that Matt Smith, Ellis Champman, Tom Pett, Ben Reeves, Jack Payne, Reece Cole all linked so far.

Other than Donohue all the players linked have been central midfielders/wide men so far.

Wellens did say he was still after 2 wingers

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37249 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:48:01 »

And if we did get him it'd probably be for less than we were paying keshi, and for less than what Blackpool are currently paying Keshi.

You can guarentee he will be on less than Keshi for sure.

He looks like he has a much better shot on him than Keshi too.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #37250 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:49:49 »

Wellens did say he was still after 2 wingers
Looking at the videos of Payne he looks like he can easily fill in as a winger.

Now those 2 keepers and 2 strikers please Mr Wellens.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #37251 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:51:46 »

Not criticising Wellens/Jewell at all but almost every player linked to us has been a central midfielder.

We have signed Grant, alongside Doughty, Palmer, Lyden, as well as youngster McGilp, add to that Matt Smith, Ellis Champman, Tom Pett, Ben Reeves, Jack Payne, Reece Cole all linked so far.

Other than Donohue all the players linked have been central midfielders/wide men so far.

Certainly suggests 3 in the middle in a 4-3-3 more than the 4-4-2 we occasionally saw to try and get Yates and Doyle together, doesn't it?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37252 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:55:12 »

Certainly suggests 3 in the middle in a 4-3-3 more than the 4-4-2 we occasionally saw to try and get Yates and Doyle together, doesn't it?
I have a feeling that DJ will be playing the number 10 role more often this coming season, we have a lot of flexibility in the team for sure already.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37253 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 13:00:21 »

Whilst clearly left footed, seemed to score a fair amount on his right as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #37254 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 13:02:39 »

I have a feeling that DJ will be playing the number 10 role more often this coming season, we have a lot of flexibility in the team for sure already.

Maybe a clue to how RW is likely to play in any given game is perhaps to look at the way he has played thus far and look at the way his mentor set up over the years. Of course that will depend on the players you have available and the opposition, I reckon the clues are there.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #37255 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 13:16:57 »

I like big budgets, and I cannot lie.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37256 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 13:20:19 »

I like big budgies, and I cannot lie.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #37257 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 13:29:47 »

I think 4-3-3 will be a given next season so not really fussed if Isgrove stays or goes. We were at our best when we had Doughty, Lyden and Grant as a midfield 3 last season and seems Wellens preferred formation.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37258 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 15:10:14 »

Sounds just like another one for the Wellens makeover - giving players back their mojo

https://staceywest.net/2020/08/05/swindon-town-eyeing-move-for-26-y-o-imps-midfielder/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=swindon-town-eyeing-move-for-26-y-o-imps-midfielder
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #37259 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 15:36:57 »

Cheesy

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 2481 2482 2483 [2484] 2485 2486 2487 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: