Pages: 1 ... 798 799 800 [801]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 2353504 times)
Peter Venkman

Enjoy yourself its later than you think.

Ignore
« Reply #12000 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 13:12:30 »

Good points you make and would probably score lots under Wellens style of play. Looking at his record apart from his first loan spell at Bury he's only really scored for Swindon and hardly played a game for Charlton
He doesn't contribute a lot to the team but his goal poaching is excellent when given chances in the box, I think he could do well but I do think there are better options out there currently.

Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band
First-night nerves every one-night stand
I should be glad to be so inclined
What a waste! What a waste!
Rock n Roll don't mind.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #12001 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 13:29:55 »

He doesn't contribute a lot to the team but his goal poaching is excellent when given chances in the box, I think he could do well but I do think there are better options out there currently.

And at 28 he needs to play regularly which he probably wouldn't in a league one team
Peter Venkman

Ignore
« Reply #12002 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 13:46:18 »

And at 28 he needs to play regularly which he probably wouldn't in a league one team
Definately not, if hes back to fitness then he could still be an assett in L2 probably at the highest currently, but he needs a team that can accomodate his style, much like Doyle when he came to us, he fitted in the jigsaw.

If Doyle goes to Bolton or Salford I will say now that he won't score more than 10 goals in those teams.

They would be signing him for his goalscoring exploits for us last season, he fitted our style, they will shoehorn him into their style much like Bradford tried and failed to do, then they are left with a high earning under performing player.

Rock n Roll don't mind.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

Ignore
« Reply #12003 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 13:57:07 »

If/when Doyle leaves it wont be for footballing reasons. Id imagine whoever is after him - including us - will be offering roughly the same sort of money. Hell go to be nearer home - which is fine by me. But any other club will know its not because hes aching to play for them - its expediency and comfort. Theyd better be careful they dont end up with the Bradford Doyle.
DV Canio
Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12004 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 16:33:23 »

Danny Ward putting one past Bristol City
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #12005 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 16:42:16 »

Danny Ward putting one past Bristol City

They may have a better/bigger ground than us but they've never made the Premiership or won the league cup and can only dream of the calibre of manager we've attracted over the last 35 years and all without a billionaire owner!
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #12006 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 16:50:15 »

If/when Doyle leaves it wont be for footballing reasons. Id imagine whoever is after him - including us - will be offering roughly the same sort of money. Hell go to be nearer home - which is fine by me. But any other club will know its not because hes aching to play for them - its expediency and comfort. Theyd better be careful they dont end up with the Bradford Doyle.

I am not sure that anyone on this forum can say that any move cannot be based on footballing reasons.  Again, these things end up being looked at through the prism of supporting this particular club.  If he does move, I suspect that he will be 'aching' to prove that he can carry the success of last season into another club.
Peter Venkman

Ignore
« Reply #12007 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 16:50:35 »

They may have a better/bigger ground than us but they've never made the Premiership or won the league cup and can only dream of the calibre of manager we've attracted over the last 35 years and all without a billionaire owner!
And Cardiff still didn't even need for Flint to come off the bench to tell them "No no no" Cheesy

Rock n Roll don't mind.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12008 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 13:22:19 »

Tommy Ouldridge, Cirencester to Supermarine.
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 800 [801]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: