Pages: 1 ... 2484 2485 2486 [2487] 2488 2489 2490 ... 3978   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8992256 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37290 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 07:44:26 »

He is. It's a daft tradition. He's delicate too  Smiley
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #37291 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 07:46:12 »

Great edit

Roll Eyes

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #37292 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 07:54:57 »

That is driving me mad, my eyes are going all funny!
Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #37293 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 07:57:28 »

What a stupid post, I can now see two of them! Roll Eyes
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #37294 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 08:04:30 »

He is. It's a daft tradition. He's delicate too  Smiley

Ah right, understand now & fine with it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37295 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 08:26:06 »

I wouldn't worry too much about that. We had that a lot last summer and thought we signed too many, also in Jan when we bought in Palmer. With the type of injuries our better players get there is a high chance that at times Grant may have to fill in at CB and Lyden & Doughty are not available. I am glad we are looking at solid aternatives
Out of all of those I think Palmer is the oddest of the signings, very highly rated at Burton, went off the boil at Rotherham and then Bradford. Seemed to be almost a panic signing by Wellens which is unusual.

In his prime at 25 and given the number 8 jersey but without a natural position in the team and we have barely even seen him with just 4 mins playing time for us so far.

In videos of him, yes I know! he looks handy, certainly while at Burton. I guess more options is better.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37296 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 08:58:09 »

Out of all of those I think Palmer is the oddest of the signings, very highly rated at Burton, went off the boil at Rotherham and then Bradford. Seemed to be almost a panic signing by Wellens which is unusual.

I have similar thoughts regarding Hope being something of a panic signing when it looked like Doyle was not coming back.
china red

« Reply #37297 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:02:24 »

I have similar thoughts regarding Hope being something of a panic signing when it looked like Doyle was not coming back.

Thought Wellens had tried to sign him the previous summer
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37298 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:03:34 »

So do I TBH as I posted the other day, even though he has scored in 50% of the games he has started for Swindon which is far higher rate than Yates managed even though Yates played way more games of course.

Wellens said when he signed that Hope was one of his top 3 targets pre season but couldn't agree a move until January so Wellens obviously rates him highly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37299 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:04:22 »

I don’t think Hope was a panic signing - in the sense that at the time we had no strikers.
Sure he was probably (obviously) not first or second choice - both of whom we got back eventually.

If we hadn’t Hope would have played.

Palmer seemed (seems?) to be a signing in a position we already had adequately covered and even if Grant had returned to Shrewsbury I still don’t think Palmer would have got any game time.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #37300 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:05:53 »

I think Hope was more of a replacement for Doyle than a panic as Doyle was a only a real possibility in the last couple days of the window. We were linked with Hope the previous summer.

Wellens was planning for the rest of the season without Doyle and was hoping to have Hope on the left with Yates becoming the main striker. Little did we know that Yates got recalled a day or so before Hope signed.

Luckily we got everyone back but unluckily for Hope he didn't have a bigger part than he thought we would. Reckon we'll see more of him this upcoming season.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #37301 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:06:48 »

I don’t think Hope was a panic signing - in the sense that at the time we had no strikers.
Sure he was probably (obviously) not first or second choice - both of whom we got back eventually.

If we hadn’t Hope would have played.

Palmer seemed (seems?) to be a signing in a position we already had adequately covered and even if Grant had returned to Shrewsbury I still don’t think Palmer would have got any game time.

Beat me to the same opinion DV haha
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #37302 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:14:11 »

Palmer has played more games at a higher level than the rest of our midfield players. I'm convinced he was bought with an eye to this season more than last.
Flashheart

« Reply #37303 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:16:32 »

For all we know, Palmer might be one of our best midfielders.

Let's give him a full preseason and a few games before writing him off as a panic signing.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37304 on: Thursday, August 6, 2020, 09:18:47 »

For all we know, Palmer might be one of our best midfielders.

Let's give him a full preseason and a few games before writing him off as a panic signing.

No

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 2484 2485 2486 [2487] 2488 2489 2490 ... 3978   Go Up
Print
Jump to: