Pages: 1 ... 2480 2481 2482 [2483] 2484 2485 2486 ... 3973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8955506 times)
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #37230 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:49:31 »

Anyone else find the talk of the town episodes aren't showing on the bbc sounds app for iphone?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #37231 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:52:30 »

Jack Payne from Lincoln.

Very much on the cards according to Nixon

Ex Huddersfield, loans at Oxford and Blackburn
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:58:22 by tans » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37232 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:58:43 »

Jack Payne from Lincoln.

Very much on the cards according to Nixon
Not criticising Wellens/Jewell at all but almost every player linked to us has been a central midfielder.

We have signed Grant, alongside Doughty, Palmer, Lyden, as well as youngster McGilp, add to that Matt Smith, Ellis Champman, Tom Pett, Ben Reeves, Jack Payne, Reece Cole all linked so far.

Other than Donohue all the players linked have been central midfielders/wide men so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #37233 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:01:01 »

Anyone else find the talk of the town episodes aren't showing on the bbc sounds app for iphone?

I’ve found this too
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #37234 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:02:37 »

I’ve found this too

Same, and then when you try to play the link through twitter it cuts out
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #37235 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:06:16 »

Not criticising Wellens/Jewell at all but almost every player linked to us has been a central midfielder.

We have signed Grant, alongside Doughty, Palmer, Lyden, as well as youngster McGilp, add to that Matt Smith, Ellis Champman, Tom Pett, Ben Reeves, Jack Payne, Reece Cole all linked so far.

Other than Donohue all the players linked have been central midfielders/wide men so far.

Payne seems to be more of a #10, looks like a Keshi replacement who has played consistently at a higher level with decent numbers.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #37236 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:07:53 »

Into overdrive with Chris Turner?

:-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Panda Paws

« Reply #37237 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:10:43 »

Strikers will come late in window I guess.

Wouldn't be surpised if we start with KW as a lone striker until we add late in the window.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #37238 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:14:48 »

Payne seems to be more of a #10, looks like a Keshi replacement who has played consistently at a higher level with decent numbers.

Agreed.

Last season we tended to swap between 4231 and 433. We started with just Doughty and Lyden as the two. Most of the time it was Grant and Doughty (with woolery/DJ/Yates supporting Doyle). Sometimes though it was Lyden, Grant and Doughty as the three.

I think if you dominate the ball and are trying to break down teams (most games at home last year and some away), then you only need the 2 and can have the luxury of a pure number 10. No harm in being more solid for away games etc and have more of a three more often.

In which case we need 4-6 players to fill those slots so we certainly have a gap for 1 more.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37239 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:16:16 »

Really? the Lincoln forum say hes is a ball carrying central midfielder who chips in with a few goals.

I have to say I know his name but have never watched him except vs us, was told in January by Appleton he could leave on a free if he found himself a new club as Lincoln cut their playing squad by a large amount, Lincoln fans say he is talented though.

Quote from: Lincoln forum
Payne looked good early on under the Cowley’s, the few times he came off the bench under MA I thought he did well.

Sorry, but I can’t see how Jack Payne can be considered as ‘dead wood’ .... there is still a very talented player in there somewhere, I’m disappointed that MA has disregarded him completely?

Peter Venkman

« Reply #37240 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:21:10 »

Swindon Town are reportedly interested in taking Rotherham United striker Joshua Kayode on loan for the season, Carlisle also keen.#STFC #CUFC #RUFC https://t.co/2O5u4EtgJR

The 'TheFLHub' on Twitter. Probably rubbish but Wellens and Warne are known mates...
Signed on a season loan for Carlisle yesterday.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #37241 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:23:41 »

Answering my own question here but seen Liam Maclinden linked again, and he's managed by Red6....
Signed for Morecambe yesterday.

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #37242 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:24:11 »

Really? the Lincoln forum say hes is a ball carrying central midfielder who chips in with a few goals.

I have to say I know his name but have never watched him except vs us, was told in January by Appleton he could leave on a free if he found himself a new club as Lincoln cut their playing squad by a large amount, Lincoln fans say he is talented though.

Fair enough, trust their view better, my brief search after seeing his name on here made him seem to be a number 10 type player. Chipped in with a good number of goals from centre mid then especially at Bradford in League 1.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #37243 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:24:27 »

Avert your ears Chalkie, another ex-scummer

I come from a land down-under
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #37244 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 12:26:10 »

Avert your ears Chalkie, another ex-scummer

He's averted a lot more than that.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 2480 2481 2482 [2483] 2484 2485 2486 ... 3973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: