Pages: 1 ... 2477 2478 2479 [2480] 2481 2482 2483 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8966725 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37185 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 12:40:36 »

Majority of owners want it, not surprisingly, so should be voted through.

Not sure it’s for the long term benefit, though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37186 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 12:41:31 »

If the cap goes ahead.
Isn't there a meeting next week where it will be voted in or out by majority vote?

I have seen on various forums that only about 6 or 7 clubs are in favour of the cap, with, unsurprisingly all the big boys against it. I haven't heard Powers take but if it saves him money long term then I think he will be in favour of the cap.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37187 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 12:49:24 »

Wellens has said he’s looking for players with top end league 1 or championship experience, these don’t match what Wellens has openly said he is looking for.

I think it could be argued that Williams is a top end league 1 player. He's had games in the SPL for St Johnstone and Franchise when they were competing to get into the Championship. I think he's decent.

Reeves has played for Franchise in the Championship and also at the top end of league 1 with Charlton.

The other 2 I agree, possible squad players.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #37188 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 12:52:00 »

Pfft. No one moans when tails makes up rumours

It's an art form
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37189 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 12:58:21 »

Majority of owners want it, not surprisingly, so should be voted through.
Only 5 clubs have come out publically in support of the wage cap, Shrewsbury, Accrington, Burton, Bristol Rovers and ironically Blackpool.

5 clubs are said to be in favour of a gradually introduced wage cap but not an immediate start and with the cap varying to the clubs finances but will probably vote in the cap...Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Gillingham and Lincoln.

7 clubs Portsmouth, Sunderland, Peterborough, Ipswich, Doncaster, Charlton, MKD are all against any form of wage cap.

The rest have yet to annouce (that I have seen) as to their intentions, including us although I expect a we will be in favour.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #37190 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 13:02:31 »

I think it could be argued that Williams is a top end league 1 player. He's had games in the SPL for St Johnstone and Franchise when they were competing to get into the Championship. I think he's decent.

Reeves has played for Franchise in the Championship and also at the top end of league 1 with Charlton.

The other 2 I agree, possible squad players.
It was 2 seasons at Ecotricity so it’s not like it’s a one season drop for games, he’s clearly got injury issues and was released by a mid table league 2 team. Anyway the fact that the BBC have been allowed to release their names makes it seem unlikely they are targets IMO as the club is usually very secretive about this sort of thing.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #37191 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 13:06:01 »

Only 5 clubs have come out publically in support of the wage cap, Shrewsbury, Accrington, Burton, Bristol Rovers and ironically Blackpool.

5 clubs are said to be in favour of a gradually introduced wage cap but not an immediate start and with the cap varying to the clubs finances but will probably vote in the cap...Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Gillingham and Lincoln.

7 clubs Portsmouth, Sunderland, Peterborough, Ipswich, Doncaster, Charlton, MKD are all against any form of wage cap.

The rest have yet to annouce (that I have seen) as to their intentions, including us although I expect a we will be in favour.

Those teams against the wage cap....what a shock!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37192 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 13:08:59 »

Isn't there a meeting next week where it will be voted in or out by majority vote?
There's a meeting on Thursday apparently to discuss it. But it may not be decided there, look how many times they had postponements around how to finish last season. Hopefully no more than one postponement this time though, if any, given the season is looming. Rule changes require a 2/3 majority.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37193 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 13:10:31 »

Anyway the fact that the BBC have been allowed to release their names makes it seem unlikely they are targets IMO as the club is usually very secretive about this sort of thing.
Think you're spot on with this. Doesn't mean one or other of them might not turn out to be quite decent anyway, but think you're right it probably means they're not seen as being likely but are quite happy to have their names put out there as well as it makes them more attractive targets for others as well
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37194 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 13:11:36 »

It was 2 seasons at Ecotricity so it’s not like it’s a one season drop for games, he’s clearly got injury issues and was released by a mid table league 2 team. Anyway the fact that the BBC have been allowed to release their names makes it seem unlikely they are targets IMO as the club is usually very secretive about this sort of thing.

the injury comment is interesting as we know the history of Wellens and players that have suffered historically with injuries.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37195 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 13:12:18 »

Those teams against the wage cap....what a shock!
Indeed, other than the obviously bypassing the rules Blackpool who will have an entire squad quite probably on way higher than the actual wage cap allows.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #37196 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 13:19:14 »

There's a meeting on Thursday apparently to discuss it. But it may not be decided there, look how many times they had postponements around how to finish last season. Hopefully no more than one postponement this time though, if any, given the season is looming. Rule changes require a 2/3 majority.
I didn't realise it was a 2/3 majority I thought it was a 51%+.

If 7 clubs vote against it as they have said then all it would take is two more voting against it to stop it being brought in. If they do indeed vote as they have suggested.

Flashheart

« Reply #37197 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 13:22:21 »

Either way, they're leaving it a bit fucking late ain't they?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #37198 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 13:25:29 »

No doubt they’ll bring the salary cap in and we will be demoted for being over!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37199 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 13:29:13 »

the injury comment is interesting as we know the history of Wellens and players that have suffered historically with injuries.
Always a risky signing is a player with an long injury history but if they can get back to fitness they are always cheaper to get hold of than a similar player without the problems.

His injury was 5 months out with a broken leg in August 2019 and similar again in August 2020.

Jock Premier teams Kilmarnock, Livingston and Ross County all after him since his release.

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2020/06/29/george-williams-wales-international-attracting-interest-from-scottish-premiership-reports/

Pages: 1 ... 2477 2478 2479 [2480] 2481 2482 2483 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: