Pages: 1 ... 2475 2476 2477 [2478] 2479 2480 2481 ... 4005   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9194559 times)
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #37155 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 10:54:46 »

Wonder what this means for Danny Rose as Wellens said his contract offer depends on what Grant did.

I don't know either way what that means.

I think he'd be a good squad player still.
Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #37156 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:01:50 »

Wonder what this means for Danny Rose as Wellens said his contract offer depends on what Grant did.

A footballer of his age with about 2 good sesons left doesn't want to be a bench warmer. Sure he could find a permanent slot in Div 2, even Div 1 come to that.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #37157 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:04:47 »

Good question. I liked Rose when he played, good at keeping the ball moving if not much else. He has found himself promoted from league 2 and then back in league 2 before though.

You have to strengthen when you go up. Expecting the exact same group of players to do well again is a big stretch. Given we have Lyden, Doughty, Grant and Palmer (who has more games at a higher level than the rest i believe) then i think any further midfielder needs to be as Wellens has stated before someone who has competed at the top of league one, or in the championship before. Harsh on Rose but progress must be made in each unit of the team.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #37158 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:06:13 »

Pre-season triallists at @Official_STFC… Wilson Carvalho (Accrington) – Reece Cole (Brentford) – Ben Reeves (Franchise) – George Williams (Forest Green) #stfc

BBC Wilts
Strike me as just some bodies for the first pre season game, can’t see any of them being what we are looking for.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37159 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:08:38 »

Pre-season triallists at @Official_STFC… Wilson Carvalho (Accrington) – Reece Cole (Brentford) – Ben Reeves (Franchise) – George Williams (Forest Green) #stfc

BBC Wilts

Carvalho - pacy winger who has spent most of his career in non-league.
Reece Cole - 23 year old CM who has had plenty of loan spells in the basement division. Sounds like he had a good season at relegated Partick Thistle in Scotland.
Ben Reeves - Midfielder, plenty of games for Franchise and Charlton. Sounds decent.
George Williams - Attacking Midfield/Winger - was great for FGR last season on loan I think.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37160 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:10:08 »

Strike me as just some bodies for the first pre season game, can’t see any of them being what we are looking for.

how do you know what we are looking for? Have you been on the DM with Wellens again?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #37161 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:13:48 »

Have Theakston and Walker ever been seen in the same room together?  Hmmm
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37162 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:16:30 »

BBC Wilts
The only one of those that I have watched and been impressed with was George Williams as winger for FGR last season, he looked very handy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #37163 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:17:54 »

Have Theakston and Walker ever been seen in the same room together?  Hmmm
Fuck right off!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37164 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:19:21 »

Could have something there FH  Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #37165 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:20:45 »

how do you know what we are looking for? Have you been on the DM with Wellens again?
Wellens has said he’s looking for players with top end league 1 or championship experience, these don’t match what Wellens has openly said he is looking for.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37166 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:23:28 »

Quote from: theakston2k
Wellens has said he’s looking for players with top end league 1 or championship experience, these don’t match what Wellens has openly said he is looking for.

surely though not every player can be of that caliber on cost alone.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #37167 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:25:43 »

Williams and Reeves are as good a standard as trialists as we can expect. Top end league 1 or Championship players are unlikely to be relying on trials and they surely aren’t going to be what our entire business consists of, unless Power has had a windfall?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #37168 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:26:42 »

surely though not every player can be of that caliber on cost alone.
No but 2 are central midfielders which is surely the last position we need currently, I just think it’s the usual revolving door and tbh pay little attention to trialists. Obviously there was Isgrove and Lyden last season but they had real pedigree and was later in the window.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #37169 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 11:28:17 »

With Rose’s future unknown, it makes perfect sense to be looking at a replacement.
Pages: 1 ... 2475 2476 2477 [2478] 2479 2480 2481 ... 4005   Go Up
Print
Jump to: