Pages: 1 ... 2002 2003 2004 [2005] 2006 2007 2008 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9082808 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30060 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 11:22:08 »

Jamie Ness released by Plymouth. 100+ L1 games.
Ness wants to go back to Scotland according to the Plymuff forum.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30061 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 11:26:43 »

Ness wants to go back to Scotland according to the Plymuff forum.

What to join the rest of his family?

Peter Venkman

« Reply #30062 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 11:31:41 »

Thats the one!

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #30063 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 11:45:59 »

Wellens should have a decent wedge to play with. When you consider the likes of Robertson and Lancashire who have been unused all season and likely on a decent wage it's like having 2 extra squad spaces available. Roll on the rumours. Hope we do some early business.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #30064 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 11:49:51 »

Pryce gone

I come from a land down-under
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30065 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 11:53:34 »

Can’t be many players that leave Town with a perfect league goals to games ratio
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #30066 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 11:54:52 »

Pryce gone

Its a shame but can see both sides

Wellens has stated he does not want players that cant make an impact on the first team or youngsters that clubs dont want to loan

And I would guess for whatever reason he has not pushed on since starting those couple of 1st team games
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30067 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 11:55:51 »

Pryce gone
I thought he looked pretty handy as a goal poacher, Wellens sees him in training a lot more than we do though and I guess he didn't progress as fast as he should. Wellens did hint that he wasn't a great trainer too in a pre match interview a few months back.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30068 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 12:23:56 »

I thought he looked pretty handy as a goal poacher, Wellens sees him in training a lot more than we do though and I guess he didn't progress as fast as he should. Wellens did hint that he wasn't a great trainer too in a pre match interview a few months back.

Which as a youngster trying to earn a Professional contract is surely the minimum requirement?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30069 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 12:57:25 »

Which as a youngster trying to earn a Professional contract is surely the minimum requirement?
Thats what Wellens was hinting at, said his training levels were not good enough, thats your day to day job and as you say as a youngster trying to impress then that sthe least you can do.

Shame but he could do well elsewhere a bit lower down the pyramid.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #30070 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 13:36:02 »

Wellens should have a decent wedge to play with. When you consider the likes of Robertson and Lancashire who have been unused all season and likely on a decent wage it's like having 2 extra squad spaces available. Roll on the rumours. Hope we do some early business.
And Vigs was on a large wedge too
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #30071 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 13:56:49 »

Granted, we'll never know what happens internally.

But I still struggle to believe that, if we'd loaned Pryce's identical twin from somewhere like Spurs, and he'd scored twice in the first half of his full debut, we would have gone on to give him 1 more minute of league football before discarding him. Especially with the lack of goals we've had this season.

Since the turn of the century, only 3 players have been at Swindon on their 15th birthday, before going on to make 12 or more League starts for the club (Thompson x 2, Pook). We are good at developing players from all sorts of other backgrounds... but not at developing our own.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30072 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 14:18:39 »

Pryce hasn't pulled up trees on loan has he, very few appearances, so that would probably hint at him being below what we saw for a single game.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #30073 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 14:22:33 »

Pryce hasn't pulled up trees on loan has he, very few appearances, so that would probably hint at him being below what we saw for a single game.

I think he was given the Spanish Archer at Dulwich Hamlet for being shit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #30074 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 14:23:45 »

Granted, we'll never know what happens internally.

But I still struggle to believe that, if we'd loaned Pryce's identical twin from somewhere like Spurs, and he'd scored twice in the first half of his full debut, we would have gone on to give him 1 more minute of league football before discarding him. Especially with the lack of goals we've had this season.

Since the turn of the century, only 3 players have been at Swindon on their 15th birthday, before going on to make 12 or more League starts for the club (Thompson x 2, Pook). We are good at developing players from all sorts of other backgrounds... but not at developing our own.

Jayden Bogle is a good example. Taken by Derby and he's been one of their best players this season and could be playing Premiership football next season.

Pages: 1 ... 2002 2003 2004 [2005] 2006 2007 2008 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: