Pages: 1 ... 2000 2001 2002 [2003] 2004 2005 2006 ... 3983   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9137555 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30030 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 11:46:45 »

Nathan Thompson's a surprise.

Thought he'd been doing well for them?

Certainly played 5 out the last 6 anyway (was on bench last game).

Worth noting that the above isn’t a retained/released list, but a list of those with contracts expiring this summer. I expect several of those to remain with their current clubs.

Ah, I see.

So could be moving on upwards or staying. Makes sense now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30031 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 11:48:37 »

Obika anyone?

What for? Keeping the physio busy and the ball boys on the stratton bank fit?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30032 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 11:49:03 »

Nathan Thompson's a surprise.
I hadn't even noticed his name on there, that is a surprise, I saw that list on t'internet and copy n pasted it and can find nothing confirming him leaving yet anywhere else.

Yes it is OOC players who have yet to be offered new contracts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30033 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 11:51:38 »

I hadn't even noticed his name on there, that is a surprise, I saw that list on t'internet and copy n pasted it and can find nothing confirming him leaving yet anywhere else.

He shelved his contract talks until the summer

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/nathan-thompson-shelves-portsmouth-contract-talks-1-8829394

According to Jackett, the 28-year-old has indicated an interest in remaining at Fratton Park.

Yet Thompson is presently keeping his options open as the existing two-year deal ticks down until its June 30 expiry.

Pompey had been hoping to tie up a new contract for the popular defender before the end of the campaign, talks having opened at the turn of the year.

Gareth Evans is also out of contract in the summer, with the midfielder frustrated over the slow pace of his negotiations.

Thompson, however, is presently not sat at the table.

Jackett said: ‘Nathan is going to park his contract until the summer and then wait and see.

‘We are not currently in talks with him.

‘He wants to stay at Portsmouth, definitely, but thinks the best thing to do would be to wait and see where we are in the summer.

‘It’s a situation we fully understand and something we will discuss again in a few months.

‘He wants to wait until the summer and keep his options open.

‘He has said to me he would like to stay. He told me “I live in the area, I’m settled in the area, I want to wait and see what my options are in the summer”.

‘So at the moment, contract talks are parked until a later date.’

Thompson has made 64 appearances since becoming Jackett’s first signing as Pompey boss in June 2017.

The ex-Swindon skipper has been automatic first-choice at right-back when available for selection and proven to be an excellent recruit.

His combative tackling style and wholehearted approach has made him a popular player among supporters.

Following a knee problem, Thompson returned to action at Bury in the Checkatrade Trophy on Tuesday night.

He responded with a headed assist for Oli Hawkins in the 3-0 success, which earned the Blues a Wembley final next month.

And Jackett is keen to retain the services of the defender beyond this summer.

Pompey’s boss added: ‘I want him to stay, 100 per cent.

‘He is settled in the area, there are reasons for the decision keeping his options open and to see where things are in the summer.

‘I accept that, sometimes I prefer being straight, it’s clear.

‘He is a very, very committed player and an experienced player, he knows what he is doing, his professionalism is excellent.

‘We will park contract talks and both sides will review it in the summer.’
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30034 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 11:54:43 »

Cheers Batch, I guess it all depends on the outcome of the PO's.

When I read the list originally on a football forum they stated players out of contract and not being offered new contracts rather than not yet offered new contracts, so that looks to be wrong, my apologies.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #30035 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 11:56:02 »

As for Bolton players, I guess every player must be free to leave as they are in breach of contract witholding wages.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #30036 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 16:16:03 »

Those lists can’t be right can they?? Teams in the play offs won’t announce anything yet

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30037 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 16:20:52 »

Hoping for a championship move i bet. Nowhere near good enough
Sir red ken

« Reply #30038 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 18:33:24 »

Have we signed anyone yet!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #30039 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 19:15:00 »

What for? Keeping the physio busy and the ball boys on the stratton bank fit?

We, he would fit in quite well with the ex-scummers here already.

I come from a land down-under
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #30040 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 20:23:13 »

Worth noting that the above isn’t a retained/released list, but a list of those with contracts expiring this summer. I expect several of those to remain with their current clubs.
Correct, in fact Coppinger has signed an extention to his contract already.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30041 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 21:29:43 »

Judging by Woolery snapchat looks like Conroy is going
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #30042 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 21:36:17 »

To enlighten those not on such platforms, I’m reliably informed Tans refers to a video of Woolery saying to Conroy ‘last time I’m going to see you’ and then downing a drink.

Obviously, that could be in any context but many of our supporters have already concluded that must mean Conroy has turned down a new deal.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #30043 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 22:35:02 »

I was at the supporters club dinner tonight and heard it that as many as 8 have been offered new deals but some won't sign, but one player that will be here next year is Diagouraga who has accepted a new 1 year deal, that is straight from the man himself. He also said that the players have been told that they will be fined 2 weeks wages if they return over a certain weight.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30044 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 05:07:56 »

To enlighten those not on such platforms, I’m reliably informed Tans refers to a video of Woolery saying to Conroy ‘last time I’m going to see you’ and then downing a drink.

Obviously, that could be in any context but many of our supporters have already concluded that must mean Conroy has turned down a new deal.
Or that Woolery is off
Pages: 1 ... 2000 2001 2002 [2003] 2004 2005 2006 ... 3983   Go Up
Print
Jump to: