Pages: 1 ... 2003 2004 2005 [2006] 2007 2008 2009 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8974692 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #30075 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 14:28:40 »

Jayden Bogle is a good example. Taken by Derby and he's been one of their best players this season and could be playing Premiership football next season.

Bogle wasn't released though - they bought him at 14/15.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30076 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 14:42:42 »

Bogle wasn't released though - they bought him at 14/15.

Yeah I completely misread ferret's post!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #30077 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 14:49:00 »

Granted, we'll never know what happens internally.

But I still struggle to believe that, if we'd loaned Pryce's identical twin from somewhere like Spurs, and he'd scored twice in the first half of his full debut, we would have gone on to give him 1 more minute of league football before discarding him. Especially with the lack of goals we've had this season.

Since the turn of the century, only 3 players have been at Swindon on their 15th birthday, before going on to make 12 or more League starts for the club (Thompson x 2, Pook). We are good at developing players from all sorts of other backgrounds... but not at developing our own.

So, you're saying that there's some kind of conspiracy to prevent us from developing our own players?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30078 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 14:57:25 »

Probably means that when push comes to shove most clubs would choose a Jak McCourt who’s not good enough over an academy player who may prove not to be good enough.

Chances are not given. Understandable I suppose when most manager’s jobs depend on the here and now not what might be.
Flashheart

« Reply #30079 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 15:03:34 »

Probably means that when push comes to shove most clubs would choose a Jak McCourt who’s not good enough over an academy player who may prove not to be good enough.

Chances are not given. Understandable I suppose when most manager’s jobs depend on the here and now not what might be.

You'd think managers under pressure to keep their job would play their best players regardless of where they come from. Perhaps, maybe, Wellens genuinely just thought Pryce was not good enough.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30080 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 15:24:54 »

I think he was given the Spanish Archer at Dulwich Hamlet for being shit.

Appears so and only looks to have played once for Bath when he was subsequently there?

You'd think managers under pressure to keep their job would play their best players regardless of where they come from. Perhaps, maybe, Wellens genuinely just thought Pryce was not good enough.

Looking at how he has been viewed at the clubs he has been on loan at, Wellens might be genuinely right?
Flashheart

« Reply #30081 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 15:38:47 »

Appears so and only looks to have played once for Bath when he was subsequently there?

Looking at how he has been viewed at the clubs he has been on loan at, Wellens might be genuinely right?

Yep. It looks as though he struggled to even get games... at national league south level.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #30082 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 15:52:39 »

Granted, we'll never know what happens internally.

But I still struggle to believe that, if we'd loaned Pryce's identical twin from somewhere like Spurs, and he'd scored twice in the first half of his full debut, we would have gone on to give him 1 more minute of league football before discarding him. Especially with the lack of goals we've had this season.

Since the turn of the century, only 3 players have been at Swindon on their 15th birthday, before going on to make 12 or more League starts for the club (Thompson x 2, Pook). We are good at developing players from all sorts of other backgrounds... but not at developing our own.
Perhaps the problem was that the players we spent years trying to develop were just not good enough in the first place - which is really down to the scouting of them.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30083 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 15:55:28 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/released-and-retained-list-announced/
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #30084 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 16:02:49 »

Iandolo must have the best agent in the world - how on earth has he lasted into a fifth season with us! Utterly criminal.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #30085 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 16:13:12 »

Pretty happy with that list. McGlashan will obviously be shipped out and Iandolo must surely be seeing out his contract but I like the ruthlessness Wellens has shown here.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30086 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 16:23:19 »

When was Wellens’ take it or leave it date for Conroy and Knoyle?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30087 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 16:25:10 »

Assuming that the rest of the contracted players stick around (J McG aside), then that would mean 9 to come in to make up the 20 plus the loans, say 5.

So 14 players as worst case scenario, again assuming that the 4 contract offers are declined.
I'd expect WH & JR to sign. Will be surprised, but well pleased if Conroy & Knoyle sign.

Busy summer ahead.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 16:29:33 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #30088 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 16:28:26 »

Mildly surprised Will Henry is on the retained list, figured Matthews getting a contract might be the end of him. Either we're going with four pro contracted goalkeepers or McCormick is going to be #1 and Henry #2.

Nobody on the released list who I think will make us look silly.

The first year pros aren't included on the squad listing, so it's actually a bit of a bigger squad than it looks.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 16:31:24 by Nemo » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30089 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 16:36:34 »

Middle of April
Pages: 1 ... 2003 2004 2005 [2006] 2007 2008 2009 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: