Pages: 1 ... 2004 2005 2006 [2007] 2008 2009 2010 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8961950 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30090 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 16:38:26 »

Strangely, Romanski has been offered a new deal but seems to be missing from the Adver’s list.
Panda Paws

« Reply #30091 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 16:44:15 »

Strangely, Romanski has been offered a new deal but seems to be missing from the Adver’s list.

Nothing strange about The Adver making basic errors.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #30092 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 21:29:18 »

Iandolo must have the best agent in the world - how on earth has he lasted into a fifth season with us! Utterly criminal.
he is a waste of oxygen
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30093 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 22:12:01 »

Iandolo must have the best agent in the world - how on earth has he lasted into a fifth season with us! Utterly criminal.

The new Michael Pook
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30094 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 04:33:35 »

There have been plenty worse than Iandolo at STFC. Tbf to the bloke he has been shoe-horned into all sort of positions on the pitch.

Difficult to shine.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #30095 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 05:43:33 »

There have certainly been worse, but how many of those have managed to take a salary out of the club for 5 years?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30096 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 06:01:50 »

iandolo is a frustrating player.

when I've seen him play his technique looks sound.

only he's not a left back.
and he's not a left winger.
and he's not a central midfielder.
and..

it's a shame  for the lad, but it's just not worked out. Time to go.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #30097 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 07:30:30 »

.....so as a squad player.....someone you can call on to fill a number of positions when in need? Seems to me to be a handy player to have. And from what I've seen he does have skill and technique. Maybe a half season loan to a National League club where he can play regularly?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30098 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 07:42:01 »

he's getting on towards 22. Think he needs to be playing somewhere.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30099 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 08:09:27 »

.....so as a squad player.....someone you can call on to fill a number of positions when in need? Seems to me to be a handy player to have. And from what I've seen he does have skill and technique. Maybe a half season loan to a National League club where he can play regularly?

He is a little like Niklas Alexandersson from Champ Manager 97/98 (I think - niche) who could play in any position in the game apart from keeper.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30100 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 09:36:05 »

I have seen Iandolo shine a couple of times but more often than not hes been a total waste of a place, as Batch says he has not been played in his best position, not sure even he knows that that is TBF.

Hes not a left back, hes not a left wingback, hes not a left midfielder, hes not a central midfielder, his best position is out and out left winger but we don't play with one of those.

I can see him being shipped out on loan for a few terms to see how he improves, he has done well to get 5 years with us for such a limited player.

Away at Plymouth in the AMC he was unplayable, putting in great crosses, taking his man on and beating him, but then Twine also played well that day as did Toums and look where that got them!

The sooner JMcG leaves the better too but it appears that Wrexham don't want him even, could be a mutual contract termination on the cards as Wellens has said he doesn't fit into his plans for next season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #30101 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 11:31:44 »

An actual rumour!!! Matty Longstaff -  Newcastle

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/battle-sign-matty-longstaff-loan-16246466
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30102 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 11:38:22 »

Lots of clubs after him including Bury and Bradford.

Described as a "quick battling passing midfielder" highly rated at Newcastle.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30103 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 13:13:02 »

Iandolo is one of those players who gets more time because he has a generally good technique - I bet in training he looks pretty good outside of 11 v 11 games.  The issue, I think, as with many talented kids, is there is a world of difference between that technical potential and being able to play professional football in a team.  He lacks positional awareness - regardless of where he is best at playing, he can't do the basics of understanding where to fit in a team and when.  I'd imagine he is better than most of our team on the ball with space to do some tricks etc.  Dunne is an opposite - I reckon he'd never have got a pro-contract on his technical ability, but more because he knows how to do a job.  As you get further up the chain, you need more than that.  Iandalo is sort of like the players top clubs hoard and then release in the early 20's, usually never to be seen again, just we had him.  Coaches give them time, thinking they can get them to learn the game, he doesn't seem to have progressed at all - if anything, he looks a lesser player than when he broke into the team.  Tough on him, but I just don't see him making it.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #30104 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 13:18:13 »

Longstaff  Girl Giggle

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 2004 2005 2006 [2007] 2008 2009 2010 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: