Pages: 1 ... 2001 2002 2003 [2004] 2005 2006 2007 ... 4009   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9203716 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #30045 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 05:30:30 »

I was at the supporters club dinner tonight and heard it that as many as 8 have been offered new deals but some won't sign, but one player that will be here next year is Diagouraga who has accepted a new 1 year deal, that is straight from the man himself. He also said that the players have been told that they will be fined 2 weeks wages if they return over a certain weight.

Diagouraga wasn't out of contract so it'll be (kind of) interesting to see if that new deal is an extra year or reduced terms (or both).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30046 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 05:48:15 »

Wellens confirms he’s after signing Nelson
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30047 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 08:05:45 »

Source?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #30048 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 08:06:30 »

To enlighten those not on such platforms, I’m reliably informed Tans refers to a video of Woolery saying to Conroy ‘last time I’m going to see you’ and then downing a drink.
He might have been referring to the drink......
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #30049 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 09:07:20 »

Source?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17624957.swindon-town-manager-richie-wellens-said-he-will-try-and-sign-millwall-defender-sid-nelson-in-the-summer-after-a-successful-loan-spell-in-the-first-half-of-the-2018-19/
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30050 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 09:15:56 »

Cheers
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30051 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 09:20:42 »

Broadbent+Nelson > Broadbent+Conroy

I like Conroy but hes not brilliant hes just better than most defenders we have had in the last few years when he is on form, he has probably cost us a fair few goals when he has not been on his best form.

Struggles to head a ball quite often and his tackling is a little wayward but he can pick out a long pass...although not as often as he actually tries to pick out a long pass, Woolfs distribution was better most of the season.

I will be happy if he does sign but I won't be too disappointed if he doesn't.

Mind you that pretty much sums up the whole squad at the moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #30052 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 09:34:42 »

Broadbent+Nelson > Broadbent+Conroy

I like Conroy but hes not brilliant hes just better than most defenders we have had in the last few years when he is on form, he has probably cost us a fair few goals when he has not been on his best form.

Struggles to head a ball quite often and his tackling is a little wayward but he can pick out a long pass...although not as often as he actually tries to pick out a long pass, Woolfs distribution was better most of the season.

I will be happy if he does sign but I won't be too disappointed if he doesn't.

Mind you that pretty much sums up the whole squad at the moment.

We need more than 2 CBs, and neither Nelson nor Broadbent can pass a football. Take Nelson anyway, and if Conroy moves on, replace him with a ball-playing defender.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #30053 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 09:38:54 »

We need more than 2 CBs, and neither Nelson nor Broadbent can pass a football. Take Nelson anyway, and if Conroy moves on, replace him with a ball-playing defender.

A little unfair on Broadbent, before he had his break his passing was fine, when he came back it wasn't but he was very rusty.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #30054 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 09:40:07 »

He might have been referring to the drink......

He also might have been referring to the fact that they won't see each other again until pre-season.  Might be true, but could also be 2+2=5

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30055 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 09:41:04 »

Nobody suggested that we have only 2 centre backs, all I was saying is that as a pairing I would prefer Nelson over Conroy if it came down to a choice.

We will probably have several other targets anyway and actually end up with neither of them!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #30056 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 09:42:21 »

A little unfair on Broadbent, before he had his break his passing was fine, when he came back it wasn't but he was very rusty.
Yeah his passing in his first 3 or 4 games was as good as Woolf or Conroy, since he came back after injury though that dipped a bit. I do think we will have 3 first team centre backs come season start though.

Panda Paws

« Reply #30057 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 10:47:17 »

Couple more interesting names cropping up on release lists.

Ben Garratt (gk) released by Crewe. Still only 25, 220 FL appearances.
Jamie Ness released by Plymouth. 100+ L1 games.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #30058 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 11:06:20 »

Couple more interesting names cropping up on release lists.

Ben Garratt (gk) released by Crewe. Still only 25, 220 FL appearances.

Only? 25, 220 games is loads.  ;-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30059 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 11:10:36 »

To be fair a decent defensive CB who can pick out a decent pass is highly unlikely to be playing in L2...
Pages: 1 ... 2001 2002 2003 [2004] 2005 2006 2007 ... 4009   Go Up
Print
Jump to: