Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris gone  (Read 27820 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 08:55:40 »

I overheard a conversation yesterday that a Gladwin superfan said Gladwin didn't want to go and it was Sandro that sanctioned the move. Also at the supporters dinnerthe players who have expressed a desire to leave was down to Sandro. Don't know how true it is and what bearing that had on Morris, but putting 2+2 together(my thoughts nobody else's) perhaps Morris wasn't convinced either about the model and orchestrated his sacking with a bad attitude and lack of motivation. She also said Sandro told the managers who was in the matcday squad and the starting 11 was an option from 13. Again unsure how true but no smoke without fire.
Anyway, as you put he has gone quietly content with Flynn and thought his half time announcement was as it should be, but he wouldn't say anything else would he?
To be fair, he didn't have to say any of the things he said, he didn't even have to go on the pitch at half time. Taking it at face value, he understands the importance of having a connection between the Club and the fans which goes way beyond spreadsheets and data...and this is clearly important to Clem and Rob as well and presumably was a key element in the appointment, along side experience, coaching badges etc of course. So like yourself, I'm pretty happy with the appointment.
Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 09:10:18 »

Doubt it, he didnt give a shit when was here, hardly likely to when  he is no longer!

Ego mate ego.

If you don’t think he was watching on to see if ‘his’ same bunch of players would put it in then you’re very mistaken. Of course he must be looking and thinking thanks a fucking bunch.

If rumours are to be believed and the club had a break in clause if he didn’t achieve 30 points by May 1st (was told this yesterday) then he would be looking at these players who caused him to lose his job. He wouldn’t be looking at his own failures. That’s what he’s like!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 09:18:01 »

I overheard a conversation yesterday that a Gladwin superfan said Gladwin didn't want to go and it was Sandro that sanctioned the move.

Looking at him playing yesterday and the midfield he was required to fit into here I would suggest selling him for a fee was a pretty astute bit on business on Sandro's part.

Also at the supporters dinner the players who have expressed a desire to leave was down to Sandro.

Suggests something pretty crap in the internal structure that the DoF is having that much engagement with (and effect upon) the players.

Don't know how true it is and what bearing that had on Morris, but putting 2+2 together(my thoughts nobody else's) perhaps Morris wasn't convinced either about the model and orchestrated his sacking with a bad attitude and lack of motivation.

It would be a bloody brave man to orchestrate ones own sacking by being deliberately shit, especially in a business which is very incestuous and entirely results driven. One would assume that if he felt he had been sold a pup a claim will be forthcoming to try and get some compo out of the club but who knows.

She also said Sandro told the managers who was in the matcday squad and the starting 11 was an option from 13. Again unsure how true but no smoke without fire.

Who is 'she'?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 09:40:48 »

Its clear that Flynn understands that even with previous roles as 'number 1' (whatever you want to call it), he stills needs to prove himself to the Club and Fans.
This is where Lindsey went wrong early doors.
Very large opinion of his experience...fine....but it was back room stuff.
It was his first gig in the hot seat and it never came across like that at all.
The only opposition Post Match interview i listened to was yesterday.
Fucking cringe worthy comments on the Crawley Fans being the best in the League......
Hes deluded.
Crawley stayed up because Hartlepool imploded, just as much as him getting a few results.

On Flynn, im glad that we have a Manager with experience in this League.
Id rather not have a big team of thugs excelling in the dark arts ala Newport but im also sick of watching passing for the sake of it. A happy medium would be fine by me but lets just get up and out of this league FFS.
Early appointment bodes well, hes got plenty of time to sort the squad and organise (please) a decent  pre Season....abroad!? Maybe a wish too far.

Clems Army!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 10:36:09 »

A Crawley fan on twitter told me on points per game under him they'd be in the play offs. They're in a worse position now than when he took over!

No doubt its more bollocks of Lindseys he has said in interviews that their fans and journos can't be arsed to fact check, along with it being our best start in 16 years and being in the play offs when he left.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 10:42:44 »

A Crawley fan on twitter told me on points per game under him they'd be in the play offs. They're in a worse position now than when he took over!

No doubt its more bollocks of Lindseys he has said in interviews that their fans and journos can't be arsed to fact check, along with it being our best start in 16 years and being in the play offs when he left.

The obvious retort would be under Gav Gunning our PPG would see us over a season get 107 points and score 153 goals.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 10:44:22 »

…that probably would see us as Champions, for what it’s worth
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 10:54:58 »

Crawley record pre Lindsey...

P24 W5 D7 L12 F26 A39 GD-13 PTS22

After...

P22 W6 D6 L10 F22 A32 GD-10 PTS24

Consistent.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 10:56:09 »

Lindsays PPG since taking over is 1.09? which means over the course of a whole season they'd finish on 50 points. 20th place.

He's not really 'saved them' as such has he? they're just fortunate there were 2 shitter sides.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 10:59:43 »

Lindsays PPG since taking over is 1.09? which means over the course of a whole season they'd finish on 50 points. 20th place.

He's not really 'saved them' as such has he? they're just fortunate there were 2 shitter sides.

Exactly this. He's deluded. Suspect the Crawley fanbase/Lindsey love-in may come to a shuddering halt pretty quickly next season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 11:05:31 »

I genuinely don’t think Scott Lindsey is worth this much thought.
He was here. He didn’t do well. He left.

He’s kept Crawley up - let him & them have their moment and let’s move on.
What they do next year is really inconsequential
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 11:24:27 »

Looking at him playing yesterday and the midfield he was required to fit into here I would suggest selling him for a fee was a pretty astute bit on business on Sandro's part.

Suggests something pretty crap in the internal structure that the DoF is having that much engagement with (and effect upon) the players.

It would be a bloody brave man to orchestrate ones own sacking by being deliberately shit, especially in a business which is very incestuous and entirely results driven. One would assume that if he felt he had been sold a pup a claim will be forthcoming to try and get some compo out of the club but who knows.

Who is 'she'?

From bottom up:
No idea who she is but attends a few functions and often talks about events in the lounge. Cannot comment on truth or not.

Trouble with football, plenty get sacked and contracts paid up so unless we know the finer details of his contract who knows what the termination pre requisites were. If it was he will be paid and he wasn't happy why walk when you'll be pushed with the money. We all know they don't stay unemployed for long.

I can't confirm any of this but yes you're right if something was going on it hasn't been handled very well, and who decision it was to allow DoF so much authority.

Just read on this thread he was on an additional 6k a month so parhaps didn't push back as much as anticipated then for the move.

I don't know what has happened but let's hope next season we are at least more competitive and pushing for playoffs asa minimum.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 11:25:57 »

I genuinely don’t think Scott Lindsey is worth this much thought.
He was here. He didn’t do well. He left.

He’s kept Crawley up - let him & them have their moment and let’s move on.
What they do next year is really inconsequential
Yeah, was appointed by someone who should never have been in that position in the first place... Two huge mistakes. He won't be at Crawley in 12 months time... or possibly a lot less...
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 11:29:34 »

If these rumours of Sandro's dictatorial ways are true, WTF were Clem and Rob Angus thinking...?!

Good question, and raises a few concerns. We don't know if all this is true of course, but if it is, who has Clems ear???
DMC

« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 13:05:14 »

Ego mate ego.

If you don’t think he was watching on to see if ‘his’ same bunch of players would put it in then you’re very mistaken. Of course he must be looking and thinking thanks a fucking bunch.

If rumours are to be believed and the club had a break in clause if he didn’t achieve 30 points by May 1st (was told this yesterday) then he would be looking at these players who caused him to lose his job. He wouldn’t be looking at his own failures. That’s what he’s like!
This break clause thing is doing the rounds and keeps changing between 6 months and 30 points. He was sacked
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: