Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris gone  (Read 27701 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 08:42:32 »

Morris never seemed to buy in to STFC.  I first sensed this after a couple of weeks or so when (understandably tbf) he seemed to tire of answering questions about when Ed Brand would be joining him as assistant.  Did STFC fuck about way too much and let its new guy down from the get go?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 09:06:12 »

I suspect part of the problem with Morris was the variety of criminal convictions when he was younger, plus the circumstances of his quickfire departure from Leeds, made it difficult for anyone to respect him as a figure of authority. The exact opposite of why players get on board with the likes of Eddie Howe.

Because you were accused of rape 20 years ago and then it never went to court I'm going to switch off at corners. Ridiculous!
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 09:18:51 »

I'm sure there were reports at the time that post-Sunderland, no one would touch him with a bargepole and didn't even get responses to applications for League One and League Two clubs, remember Notts County being one.
I'm afraid you're right. Which in my opinion was a great pity. He only managed us for thirteen matches but I enjoyed having him at my club and I have never been sorrier to see a manager leave.
I kept hoping he and his loyal backroom staff would get another opportunity. But sadly it wasn't to be. I think there was some sort of old boys network between the owners of clubs advising them not to consider appointing him. Then again I regard owners as an unimaginative bunch who rarely go for a maverick.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 09:38:36 »

Interesting
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 09:44:08 »

Interesting

I saw that and my one thought is that the last point is demonstrably untrue. In his first three games he made multiple mentions of the distance covered data and how it was the highest of any games that season.

And if that is bollocks you then have to question the rest.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 09:46:16 »

During the whole "Morris does fuck all, doesn't work on shape or tactics" rumours that were flying around, someone I spoke to told me their source was Mildenhall also.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 09:49:32 »

During the whole "Morris does fuck all, doesn't work on shape or tactics" rumours that were flying around, someone I spoke to told me their source was Mildenhall also.

Mildenhall was the one bloke I think Morris singled out for unqualified praise in an interview. Curiouser and curiouser.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 09:52:51 »

Mildenhall was the one bloke I think Morris singled out for unqualified praise in an interview. Curiouser and curiouser.

Not really, Morris may have rated Mildy, that's not to say that Mildy didn't think that Morris was a lazy uninterested twat.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 09:56:26 »

Not really, Morris may have rated Mildy, that's not to say that Mildy didn't think that Morris was a lazy uninterested twat.

Totally. Just pointing out that the one person he was nice about seems to have been telling tales out of school.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 10:12:48 »

I’ve heard there were several people behind the scenes that wanted Morris out and were actively spreading shit about him, wasn’t told who but implications were that one was a high profile player, whose mrs might have been tweeting stuff Wink
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 10:18:37 »

Don't you just love Chinese whispers!  Cheesy

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DMC

« Reply #266 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 10:21:18 »

I’ve heard there were several people behind the scenes that wanted Morris out and were actively spreading shit about him, wasn’t told who but implications were that one was a high profile player, whose mrs might have been tweeting stuff Wink
I don't think they were spreading shit it sounds like he was just an absolute bellend by the sounds of it.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 10:26:28 »

Interesting

The main thing I'm taking out of that is the bit about Charlie Austin. We saw at Rochdale if you can get the ball to him in the box, he'll come alive. The new manager simply HAS to be able to utilise our sharpest player properly next season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 10:32:39 »

The main thing I'm taking out of that is the bit about Charlie Austin. We saw at Rochdale if you can get the ball to him in the box, he'll come alive. The new manager simply HAS to be able to utilise our sharpest player properly next season.

If he has re-signed I am surprised why it hasn't been announced, either via the club or via the usual leaks from Team Austin.

WRT to the wider issue, indeed, albeit I would also add that Austin really needs to try and get as fit as he can over the summer and in preseason, yes he is an older player but he is only 33, Vardy is still playing regularly in the PL at 36.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 10:36:38 »

If he has re-signed I am surprised why it hasn't been announced, either via the club or via the usual leaks from Team Austin.

WRT to the wider issue, indeed, albeit I would also add that Austin really needs to try and get as fit as he can over the summer and in preseason, yes he is an older player but he is only 33, Vardy is still playing regularly in the PL at 36.

I can only imagine the club are 'saving' the announcement for whatever reason. I've mentioned before using Charlie to market our Season Tickets seems like a bit of a no brainer.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: