Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris gone  (Read 27677 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 12:07:24 »

I'm surprised as it was the supporters club dinner last night there is nothing that has come out from there, you would expect certain players to drop hints about the manager now he has left, I know they have to be professional and cant say 'I hated him' but you would think there may be whispers
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 12:10:49 »

Because you were accused of rape 20 years ago and then it never went to court I'm going to switch off at corners. Ridiculous!

I didn’t say that. I said they may not have respected him. And that would be a problem.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 12:17:32 »

I didn’t say that. I said they may not have respected him. And that would be a problem.

I suspect that any lack of respect for Morris more likely boiled down to him rarely being there (if rumours are to be believed), with the best will in the world even from the outside he seemed to be at best phoning it in and/or his refusal to take any responsibility for the developing shit show (which was clear for all to see).
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 13:23:26 »

I think if our squad are sat there thinking 'this bloke who played Champions League football and has gone on to have a highly successful youth coaching career for a decade was a nightmare gobshite in his early 20s so I don't respect him' then we have a problem.

Regardless of any of the speculation, even if he was a worse cunt than Ghengis Khan, this squad need to look at themselves. They've been shite. They were shite under Lindsey too. Binning off Morris isn't going to change that.

Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham hated each others guts and never said a word to each other for the entire time they were teammates but they successfully fired Man Utd to a treble because they are professionals.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 13:32:40 »

Ginginho and myself were at the awards last night and had Mildy and Jake Cain on our table, both were great lads.  No gossip to give that would add to this discussion but it was clear that Morris was not popular and the club is better off to move on.

However, I don't think it does any good to start disecting Morris's past before he joined the club and also posting stuff indicating that key existing people at the club are leaking stuff - we are in a big enough mess at the moment without adding to it, let's leave that to the mongs on Social Media.

The title says Morris has gone, he has, let's move on and start talking about what's next.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 13:38:55 »

I can only imagine the club are 'saving' the announcement for whatever reason. I've mentioned before using Charlie to market our Season Tickets seems like a bit of a no brainer.

Saving announcements seems to be something the club constantly do, which just infuriates and alienates the fan base. But if some marketing genius got taught at uni that is the way to do it, then that is probably the way we will persist with it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 13:43:39 »

Ginginho and myself were at the awards last night and had Mildy and Jake Cain on our table, both were great lads.  No gossip to give that would add to this discussion but it was clear that Morris was not popular and the club is better off to move on.

However, I don't think it does any good to start disecting Morris's past before he joined the club and also posting stuff indicating that key existing people at the club are leaking stuff - we are in a big enough mess at the moment without adding to it, let's leave that to the mongs on Social Media.

The title says Morris has gone, he has, let's move on and start talking about what's next.

I agree with this.

Manager goes without fan grief or protest....only Sheridactyl got away with that.

He gone, it was of interest for a few days but now we should move on.

Clems Army!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 13:47:19 »

Saving announcements seems to be something the club constantly do, which just infuriates and alienates some of the fan base. But if some marketing genius got taught at uni that is the way to do it, then that is probably the way we will persist with it.

FIFY
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 19:11:06 »

I understand that he spent more time playing golf and didn’t really fit into the role.
Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 21:24:24 »

Haha Morris will be sick tonight the little rat.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 21:53:10 »

How so?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 07:34:15 »

Doubt it, he didnt give a shit when was here, hardly likely to when  he is no longer!
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 08:01:58 »

I'm surprised as it was the supporters club dinner last night there is nothing that has come out from there, you would expect certain players to drop hints about the manager now he has left, I know they have to be professional and cant say 'I hated him' but you would think there may be whispers

I overheard a conversation yesterday that a Gladwin superfan said Gladwin didn't want to go and it was Sandro that sanctioned the move. Also at the supporters dinnerthe players who have expressed a desire to leave was down to Sandro. Don't know how true it is and what bearing that had on Morris, but putting 2+2 together(my thoughts nobody else's) perhaps Morris wasn't convinced either about the model and orchestrated his sacking with a bad attitude and lack of motivation. She also said Sandro told the managers who was in the matcday squad and the starting 11 was an option from 13. Again unsure how true but no smoke without fire.
Anyway, as you put he has gone quietly content with Flynn and thought his half time announcement was as it should be, but he wouldn't say anying else would he?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 08:23:22 »

If these rumours of Sandro's dictatorial ways are true, WTF were Clem and Rob Angus thinking...?!
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 08:45:46 »

Gladwin was offered another £6k a month so I’m pretty sure he was happy with the move at his age!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: