Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC 2023-24  (Read 5350 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:22:20 »

They are also all achievable within a two year time frame  - time to get funding in place, planning permission granted, contractors chosen, demolition work completed and groundworks.  The Bank likely the last bit, two summers from now, build and open from May to August (basic steel frame structure like the DR).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:24:37 »

Oh, and assuming we would take two years, you could have the Bank cleared out next summer and replaced with some sort of temporary Corporate facilities in the meantime.  Quite a few of the MLS clubs have this when they have an open end, and it's really what Luton have down one side.  Rake in some extra cash for a season ahead of clearing it all out and building a new stand.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:26:08 »

All good plans, but Clem will need to attract more partners than just Jeremy Webb for that lot. Time to see whether he has any useful connections in the UK building industry. And there remains the issue of what sort of permission we can get to build up the SB with local residents' objections. Would be great to see something more than just aspirational drawings over the next few months. Anyone remember the superbowls on Shaw Tip and the Front Garden? Perhaps the artwork for those could go in the Town museum.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:27:27 »

All good plans, but Clem will need to attract more partners than just Jeremy Webb for that lot. Time to see whether he has any useful connections in the UK building industry. And there remains the issue of what sort of permission we can get to build up the SB with local residents' objections. Would be great to see something more than just aspirational drawings over the next few months. Anyone remember the superbowls on Shaw Tip and the Front Garden? Perhaps the artwork for those could go in the Town museum.

As Wrexham have shown, there is money out there.

Certainly any building works will likely come with an ROI - you should be able to source long term capital funding, it's not about having millions upfront.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:35:33 »

As Wrexham have shown, there is money out there.

Sadly I suspect there will be less so after the events of last Thursday, as possibly even less if the currant direction of travel continues.

Ultimately the club will no doubt have professional advisors beavering away already (And I imagine behind the scenes for quite some time already) at it both in terms of what's feasibly going to get planning, what achieves the best returns and who pays for it.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:39:07 »

Never going to happen under the current ownership but I'd love to see the club buy and renovate the CG Hotel as part of the stadium 'complex'. Potential for a great outside drinking area, turn the boxing gym into a museum, have a few actual hotel rooms in there and so on. Could be a very characterful home supporters bar rather than somewhere it takes 20 mins to get a pint as long as you don't mind Madness being played at 120dB.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:41:32 »

Sadly I suspect there will be less so after the events of last Thursday, as possibly even less if the currant direction of travel continues.

Ultimately the club will no doubt have professional advisors beavering away already (And I imagine behind the scenes for quite some time already) at it both in terms of what's feasibly going to get planning, what achieves the best returns and who pays for it.

I've been whooshed here. What happened last Thursday?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:49:40 »

Never going to happen under the current ownership but I'd love to see the club buy and renovate the CG Hotel as part of the stadium 'complex'. Potential for a great outside drinking area, turn the boxing gym into a museum, have a few actual hotel rooms in there and so on. Could be a very characterful home supporters bar rather than somewhere it takes 20 mins to get a pint as long as you don't mind Madness being played at 120dB.

Heck of a lot easier to build a Travelodge (other perfectly acceptable but soulless boxes are available), lease it to operator and get guaranteed return and incorporate the other bits into the new improved all bells and whistles TE.  
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:52:04 »

I've been whooshed here. What happened last Thursday?

Local elections, government lost Swindon Council and if stays the same will possibly lose at least 1 Swindon MP in c.18 months time. Governments of all colours have a habit of looking much more favourably upon funding applications from friendly areas, hence for instance the PM's leafy constituency in rural north Yorkshire got loads of cash, the shitty areas of the NW not so.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 16:01:37 »

Heck of a lot easier to build a Travelodge (other perfectly acceptable but soulless boxes are available), lease it to operator and get guaranteed return and incorporate the other bits into the new improved all bells and whistles TE.  

Yup. But this would have more style!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: