Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris gone  (Read 27121 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 13:12:15 »

This break clause thing is doing the rounds and keeps changing between 6 months and 30 points. He was sacked

So have we paid up his and Brand's contract? If so it is likely well north of £250k incinerated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 13:43:20 »

So have we paid up his and Brand's contract? If so it is likely well north of £250k incinerated.

But we are skint.

Its almost like all the rumours tend to contradict each other.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 13:46:41 »

But we are skint.

Rumour?

We are losing 500K a year and need to bring it back to breakeven

The question is how long Clem can fund us in the near future.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 13:46:47 »

But we are skint.

Exactly. Clem and Rob go from pressuring old ladies (in my mind's eye) on the phone not to ask for season ticket refunds to acting like L2 Daniel Levys in the space of 18 months? I ain't buying it.
DMC

« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 14:28:45 »

Rumour?

We are losing 500K a year and need to bring it back to breakeven

The question is how long Clem can fund us in the near future.
They are rumours though, Horlock is right.  In fact he is spot on in that post. Mooney has said that we can't afford to pay the make up figure of 250k . So we are absolutely skint and offerring coaches a quarter of a million pound contracts. Added to that the rumours that there was a 6 month clause and now a 30 point clause. Surely you can see how these all contradict eachother
DMC

« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 14:29:23 »

Exactly. Clem and Rob go from pressuring old ladies (in my mind's eye) on the phone not to ask for season ticket refunds to acting like L2 Daniel Levys in the space of 18 months? I ain't buying it.
By that logic why do you think they would pay that money in the first place then?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 14:35:10 »

They are rumours though, Horlock is right.  In fact he is spot on in that post. Mooney has said that we can't afford to pay the make up figure of 250k . So we are absolutely skint and offerring coaches a quarter of a million pound contracts. Added to that the rumours that there was a 6 month clause and now a 30 point clause. Surely you can see how these all contradict eachother

I'm not saying we can't afford it. And the number is a total guess but I can't have thought Morris was on less than £100k a year and he had 2 years to run, and Brand must have been on at least £50k with roughly the same to run.

I'm just saying making a seemingly snap decision to burn a load of money paying out a contract is at odds with the ruthless penny pinching in every other department, unless of course they didn't have to pay out.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 14:43:32 »

It's normally 18 minutes on here!

Not remotely saying that those who hear stuff in the background are making it up, but what often seems to get lost on social media is that when people leak stuff to fans its normally to make them (or those they support in the management structure) look good and/or potentially offset other rumours, and without this context nothing is black and white and probably as at best a secondary sources should not be depended upon as 'FACT'  Wink

So for instance when the whole will he won't he with Austin was kicking off in January, there were obviously two sources of rumours emerging on SM, those from Team Austin that made him look brilliant and the spurned fan desperate to do whatever he had to do get back home and those from those within the club who didn't want him back. I would suspect the truth actually lay somewhere in the grey bit in the middle, its why secondary sources are always treated with caution by historians.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 14:44:14 »

This is the problem with people just making stuff up. It soon becomes taken as gospel even though there isn’t a shred of evidence to back anything up.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 14:48:43 »

Perhaps I am being too oblique but that is really my point!

On the one hand we have insane levels of penny pinching. On the other we have a presumably massively expensive and frankly unexpected managerial sacking.
DMC

« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 14:53:24 »

Not that i think on the pitch we have penny pinched but it could be they have learned there lesson and realised we could of had a year of even worse shit to come with him and that it was best to pay him off
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 15:16:11 »

Not that i think on the pitch we have penny pinched but it could be they have learned there lesson and realised we could of had a year of even worse shit to come with him and that it was best to pay him off

My opinion **based on nothing** is something snapped behind the scenes in excess of just the results.

You don't sack one manager due to results and pick another that has just been sacked on results.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 15:17:00 »

I think both things can actually be true at the same time.  We do NOT seem to have penny pinched in terms of the money spent on players, total squad salary (not individual) and management team, who we then exited.

We have also, very openly, shown a complete lack of investment in the Operational side (the day to day expenses and running of the club) and the more strategic stuff (no change in training facilities, no real investment in Academy infrastructure).

We have, based on personal experience, massively improved the Corporate side, but then seemingly fucked up every day to day ticketing related situation (again, based on the constant need to back track and re-launch).

We are spending between 6m and 6.5m - based on the accounts.  That's in line with other top half clubs.  We just seem a bit all over the place in terms of how we are being effective/efficient with that spending.

The Morris and Di Michelle  departures suggest that someone, somewhere, has at least realised we are fucking some of this up.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 15:18:48 »

In fact, we reek of a rowing team with precisely the right amount of Oars, but have placed them in random positions around the boat, meaning we are rowing in all sorts of directions right now.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 15:21:15 »

In fact, we reek of a rowing team with precisely the right amount of Oars, but have placed them in random positions around the boat, meaning we are rowing in all sorts of directions right now.

Haha. Indeed. It is a scattergun approach for sure. Without wishing to appropriate what I think is a John Major slogan, it is time we went 'back to basics.'
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: