Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Grimsby Matchday Thread  (Read 33871 times)
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 21:19:52 »

The furthest thing from “Mad Gav”. Speaks very well in my opinion. Doesn’t speak in bullshit riddles or repetitive football terminology crap like Lindsey. Players love him, interesting that he’s stayed at the club when it was SL who brought him in. I’d guess he saw enough of SL and Days work to think he’s better off here.
Clearly saw through and recognised Lindsey's bullshit. Give him another week after today.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 21:33:59 »

Said if before but worth repeating.
A lot of people have written off a lot of players in this squad (ironically whilst also saying Lindsey is the problem)

Lindsey WAS the problem and all the players should be given the benefit of the doubt / a clean slate to see how they perform under the new manager.

All of them, no exceptions

But Iandolo has been shit for ages

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 21:39:15 »

But Iandolo has been shit for ages

Shit might be a bit strong.
He’s never been our best player and he’s never going to be a world beater but in the right team and in the right formation he’s at least capable.

Which is still more than some players we’ve had over the years.

His Jack of all Trades tag has done him no favours in the long run.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 23:04:29 »

thought he was a lot better in the middle today tbh.

4d ref - I saw a message just after the match saying he was groggy but ok. Had a chuckle after being told he was the first referee to get a standing ovation leaving the pitch

edit: taken to GWH as precaution

https://twitter.com/JonnyLeighfield/status/1614371724945985536?t=crOTBBB5tYO0CHC2UV1gDw&s=19

presumably well here as soon as they've seen him, next Thursday
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 23:12:55 »

Not having the traction engine Gladwin also played a big part. I'd say the turnover in midfield was much better but the constant driving forward was also great to see. Gladwin slows everything down so if we do continue to play in a way and tempo I can't see him hacking it at CM
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 23:15:47 »

Gladwin also spots a bloody good pass to unlock defenses too..

I get what you are saying, but everyone played it forward quicker today - maybe Gladwin would have too

but I'm not sure who he'd have displaced in that formation
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 23:16:59 »

oh and FBT was slightly before par today. played a couple of hospital balls!

not bad, just below his excellent standards
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 00:09:34 »

I just said elsewhere. A Grant type player alongside Khan will be perfect and just what our defence need too

Would be pretty destructive alongside Khan being a box to box. Bizarre that Lindsey used Khan in such a negative/defensive role.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 06:04:17 »

I haven't said this in a while.

I enjoyed that.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 06:38:22 »

I had family plans yesterday, so i'd just like to thank the weather for cancelling said plans and enabling me to get a last minute ticket for the game, so glad I was there for that.

Keep it going please, the top three is well within our reach.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 07:05:30 »

RHM was an absolute nuisance for Grimsby whilst he was on the pitch, even if he wasn’t particularly good (if that makes sense)
Hopefully he’s still a bit rusty and better / quicker decisions will come game time.
If he other shade can be effective, direct and make the right decision the majority of the time, we have a nice varied attack

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 07:12:37 »

When Iandolo went off his replacement scored with his first touch and we scored 4 goals without him on the pitch. He's a clear weak link, regardless if he played marginally better today in a vastly improved side
Second touch, Lavs passed the ball backwards from the foul that felled Iandolo

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 08:00:37 »

That was such a contrast to anything we’ve seen this season. Great day out. Austin scoring was a great moment. The crowd was up for it - but importantly, the pace of the football being played actually allowed the crowd to be up for it. Yes, it was 10-man Grimsby, but to attack at pace and have 3 or 4 runners at a time wanting the ball was so good to see.

And on a day when you lose a midfielder like Reed to a promotion rival, Saidou Khan’s performance was the medicine we needed. He was head and shoulders above anyone else on that pitch, and the others were good too. Special mention to RHM. Didn’t always come off, but his runs and direct style complemented Austin and he deserves a run.
Trowbridge Red

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 08:07:46 »

Khan looked superb and if he plays like that every week I think I’d rather him than Reed. Could hear CA barking out orders and thought him and Williams looks good together. Would love to see Williams play as a 10 behind Austin. Could see that they were much happier to cross knowing we have a presence in the box now.

I really wasn’t impressed with RHM might have been trying too hard but refused to pass a lot in the first half when others had a much better chance. Ellis is steady but not spectacular and sort of drifts through the game without really noticing he is there.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 08:20:58 »

Khan looked superb and if he plays like that every week I think I’d rather him than Reed. Could hear CA barking out orders and thought him and Williams looks good together. Would love to see Williams play as a 10 behind Austin. Could see that they were much happier to cross knowing we have a presence in the box now.

I really wasn’t impressed with RHM might have been trying too hard but refused to pass a lot in the first half when others had a much better chance. Ellis is steady but not spectacular and sort of drifts through the game without really noticing he is there.

Agree on Williams, would prefer for him to be the 10 and for us to sign a left winger/wide attacker.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: