Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Grimsby Matchday Thread  (Read 33860 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:55:45 »

Cheers Div
It goes to show that Lindsey's ideas were the problem if two stand in coaches can have such an impact after only a few days on the training ground with players.

Said if before but worth repeating.
A lot of people have written off a lot of players in this squad (ironically whilst also saying Lindsey is the problem)

Lindsey WAS the problem and all the players should be given the benefit of the doubt / a clean slate to see how they perform under the new manager.

All of them, no exceptions
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:59:01 »

A lot of people have written off a lot of players in this squad (ironically whilst also saying Lindsey is the problem)

Lindsey WAS the problem and all the players should be given the benefit of the doubt / a clean slate to see how they perform under the new manager.

Yes spot on, a new Brush sweeps clean scenario.

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:59:59 »

even conference south, shite, stealing a living ellis? (who was actually very solid)

in general that must be highest pass completition match of the season. and i dont mean between centre backs. can't really remember much that went wrong on that front. everything seemed simplified and crisp passing with pass and move.

we went long at times but there was enough press to force errors and we won a lot of 2nd balls. simple ingredients to a good team

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:03:36 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:02:13 »

Reed pictured at Mansfield today on Twitter

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:03:51 »

https://twitter.com/alfiegilberttt/status/1614322513298984961?s=46&t=UzCstTNeq0j2NQOvU7HKDA

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:04:02 »

even conference south, shite, stealing a living ellis?  Band

Yep.

I’ve been hugely critical of him this season (although that quote you’ve used isn’t mine [not suggesting you were attributing it to me])

Missing all of preseason and coming straight back into the XI did him no favours, nor the position Lindsey was putting him in.

It’s time someone set his position and stuck to it.
Though he did ok first half in the holding two with Khan. Got stuck in and for the most part used the ball well. At LWB he was the usual; get forward, panic, go inside, run into people.

Iandolo can be a handy player to have around but I don’t think he has a direct attacking bone in his body and shouldn’t be played in a position that need that skill set.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:21:03 »

Random one.. I make the Lavinier the best player to not be able to get a starting spot since Peter Thorne..
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:24:27 »

Well there is that type of attacking, high pressing, high tempo football that Scott Lindsey promised both at the start of the Swindon job and now at the start of the Crawley job.....the very moment the cunt is out the door. Thank god he's gone.

Amazing what can happen when you attack rather than tippy tap it around like a Sunday afternoon at the park with no direction or urgency.

Until the tide swayed the last month or so, I've felt like I've been in a reoccurring nightmare with people not seeing what I've felt was painfully obvious that SL was massively out of his depth from about 6 games in. Happy to refer to the phrase under my username on that one and be a bit smug because fuck me has it been frustrating arguing with people about him.

Now I feel like I'm in a dream because no way could we have got compensation to get rid of him and signed Charlie Austin. That just doesn't seem real. Will pinch myself to be sure.

In a 5-0 win its probably easy to forget with a different keeper in the sticks, it could have been very different. Sol Brynn made it possible with the fantastic save at the start. Still my player of the season so far.

Sad to see Reed will be going, but we didn't really miss him today and he's been mostly shite this season. Is his heart just not in it here anymore? If we can get any cash for him now rather than leaving for nothing in the summer, it probably makes sense.

Khan brilliant. Hutton showed better side of his game, good deliveries. Austin great start. RHM unlucky with hitting the post but jesus, move the ball a bit quicker sometimes lad. So frustrating because you feel he's so close to being a big player for us, but just needs to move it a bit quicker and not be so greedy.

Saw the pre World Cup Williams back today as well. Fantastic.

Lets get Artell or Foster in now and we could be looking at opening the bank for random league games if we can string a few results together and the weather isn't so cold in a month or two. 12k gates maybe. Don't fuck it up and appoint Bircham or Kieron Dyer or something Clem, please. Real opportunity to kick on and escape this shit league.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:27:34 »

Well there is that type of attacking, high pressing, high tempo football that Scott Lindsey promised both at the start of the Swindon job and now at the start of the Crawley job.....the very moment the cunt is out the door. Thank god he's gone.

Amazing what can happen when you attack rather than tippy tap it around like a Sunday afternoon at the park with no direction or urgency.

Until the tide swayed the last month or so, I've felt like I've been in a reoccurring nightmare with people not seeing what I've felt was painfully obvious that SL was massively out of his depth from about 6 games in. Happy to refer to the phrase under my username on that one and be a bit smug because fuck me has it been frustrating arguing with people about him.

Now I feel like I'm in a dream because no way could we have got compensation to get rid of him and signed Charlie Austin. That just doesn't seem real. Will pinch myself to be sure.

In a 5-0 win its probably easy to forget with a different keeper in the sticks, it could have been very different. Sol Brynn made it possible with the fantastic save at the start. Still my player of the season so far.

Sad to see Reed will be going, but we didn't really miss him today and he's been mostly shite this season. Is his heart just not in it here anymore? If we can get any cash for him now rather than leaving for nothing in the summer, it probably makes sense.

Khan brilliant. Hutton showed better side of his game, good deliveries. Austin great start. RHM unlucky with hitting the post but jesus, move the ball a bit quicker sometimes lad. So frustrating because you feel he's so close to being a big player for us, but just needs to move it a bit quicker and not be so greedy.

Saw the pre World Cup Williams back today as well. Fantastic.

Lets get Artell or Foster in now and we could be looking at opening the bank for random league games if we can string a few results together and the weather isn't so cold in a month or two. 12k gates maybe. Don't fuck it up and appoint Bircham or Kieron Dyer or something Clem, please. Real opportunity to kick on and escape this shit league.

Good post, spot on Clap

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:30:20 »

RHM was an absolute nuisance for Grimsby whilst he was on the pitch, even if he wasn’t particularly good (if that makes sense)
Hopefully he’s still a bit rusty and better / quicker decisions will come game time.

He's a menace, but then holds on to it for an eternity. If he can put it together and make better decisions he could be a huge player for us. Its initial brilliance followed by something a bit shit at the moment.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:33:06 »

We obviously still passed it around at the back and even more so against 10 because the space was there.

However, it felt a lot more like passing it around to stretch Grimsby to move it forward when the opportunity arose.

Passing with purpose rather than tippy tappy shite. I was ranting the other day about how there is a happy medium rather than it being a binary choice between Lindseyball and being a Stoke City/80s Wimbledon bully boys lumping it. You can play good football at a better pace and today we showed it.

10 men helped of course.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:33:11 »

Random one.. I make the Lavinier the best player to not be able to get a starting spot since Peter Thorne..

i raise you 03/04 rory fallon.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:33:31 »

https://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/12786800/swindon-town-5-0-grimsby-town-league-two-highlights

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 20:27:46 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:35:29 »

Forgot to mention Iandolo in my post but yeah, he was last seasons solid utility player today, rather than whatever the hell he has been this season under Lindsey.

The irony if SL really is targeting him, a player who he has absolutely no ability to get the best out of.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:36:12 »

even conference south, shite, stealing a living ellis? (who was actually very solid)

in general that must be highest pass completition match of the season. and i dont mean between centre backs. can't really remember much that went wrong on that front. everything seemed simplified and crisp passing with pass and move.

we went long at times but there was enough press to force errors and we won a lot of 2nd balls. simple ingredients to a good team

When Iandolo went off his replacement scored with his first touch and we scored 4 goals without him on the pitch. He's a clear weak link, regardless if he played marginally better today in a vastly improved side
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: