Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Grimsby Matchday Thread  (Read 33040 times)
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:05:29 »

Great entertainment and performance all round.

The only thing that grated for me was our players pressuring the ref to give the (deserved) red card.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #451 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:11:24 »

Views from their forum if anyone is interested (I always am):

We were very much in the game at 1-0 before the sending off. After that an efficient, creative Swindon put us to the sword and we weren't tight enough.

Also Swindon are decent, we lost one game against a team with likely a much higher budget some on here need to get some perspective.

Yes Swindon player for player were better than us re pace/skill/ability to pass the ball/and kicking the ball towards the goal.

Simple one for me. Forget the sending off we are being beaten by a much  better and technically gifted team.

We have just run around chasing Swindon shadows today.

Beaten today by a far better team on the edge of the play offs !

We lost. We were shite. They were good. We were conference last year. They bottled their playoff campaign.

How i'd bite any of your appendages off for a player like Saidou Khan, if he plays anything like that regularly

love this club, and we lost to a very good team today.
Cheers Qunk saved me a job Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:12:15 »

We're delighted to confirm referee Sam Purkiss has now returned home after he was struck by the ball at yesterday's game...

He was taken to hospital where he was treated for concussion before being released soon after.

Great news, and we wish Sam a quick recovery.

#STFC 🔴⚪️
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:13:32 »

Great day yesterday.

Did anyone think that there was an element of "that's all folks" in Brynn's acknowledgement of the crowd after the game?
Shirt ended up in the Town End I think.
Then again he might just have been happy with the clean sheet bonus.
Did comment on exactly that,  thought the same thing , Hope I’m wrong,  reply from a mate was to go to another club Boro would have to recall him and they have already said they have no intention of that so other clubs are wasting their time watching him at the moment.  Possibly with promotion we could afford to keep him next season.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #454 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:13:39 »

Imagine being a Creepy fan reading this thread and realising they’ve just employed a man who stifled a team like he’s done to us. Can’t be pleasant
I find it highly amusing, we were hamstrung under Lindseys negative tactics, not sure you can make Crawley much worse than they currently are. To any Crawley fan reading this, expect a lot of Crawley 0 scorelines.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:15:31 »

I find it highly amusing, we were hamstrung under Lindseys negative tactics, not sure you can make Crawley much worse than they currently are. To any Crawley fan reading this, expect a lot of Crawley 0 scorelines.
Bet they can’t wait to welcome their new manager.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:37:48 »

Cheers Qunk saved me a job Smiley

I did half expect you to tell me off for beating you to it. Glad it seems I’m not in trouble  😁
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:42:02 »

Great entertainment and performance all round.

The only thing that grated for me was our players pressuring the ref to give the (deserved) red card.

Yeah it was a bit naughty. Good that’s our only problem though!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:46:50 »

Yeah it was a bit naughty. Good that’s our only problem though!

I did read them last night but got fed up with the ads😡

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #459 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 12:05:48 »

I did half expect you to tell me off for beating you to it. Glad it seems I’m not in trouble  😁
Not at all mate, happy to have some help Smiley

Here are some more from after the game from their fishy forum.

Swindon targeted Amos and can see why. It genuinely could have been 9 or 10.

It's an aberration. We were very much in the game at 1-0 before the sending off. After that an efficient, creative Swindon put us to the sword and we weren't tight enough.

First half was pretty even. Could have been 1.0 up, should have equalised with Mcatees poor effort.
Second half was the worst 45 minutes I've seen from a Town side in ages. Couldn't get the ball often enough and when they did gave it away. Mcatee tried as did Maher and the mercurial Green but the rest stole a living today and let down nigh on 600 fans in the process.

Swindon were a real cut above today and showed how far we have to go before we can genuinely compete at the top end of the table.

I thought Hutton was fantastic today for them. Probably not the done thing to be in praise of the opposition but to reference your point his delivery was excellent and it makes you wonder what sort of impact that could have for us if he were here.

Yes Swindon player for player were better than us re pace/skill/ability to pass the ball/and kicking the ball towards the goal.

Swindon are the best team I've seen all season. We could have scored a couple first half but they dominated throughout, especially once we'd gone down to 10. Midfield runners, winger who can cross, a striker who can header...

We are a middling league 2 side who just got our bottom$ handed to us by a much better team. It happens

I'd also say for how well stocked we are in the middle we just don't have anyone like Saidou Khan. So composed on the ball, always turning out of tight spaces, getting on the front foot. Just the sort of player we need.

That was the worst collective performance by a town side I've seen for a long time. Even before the sending off Amos got fried by their right winger about 4-5 times and we lucky to be only one behind despite the odd rare chance we had. After the sending off we were chasing shadows and to be honest Swindon could easily have scored 7 or 8

Special mention to the Swindon number 23, Khan who I believe was at Chesterfield last season. He was majestic and oozed quality in everything he did.
The highlight was the ref being knocked unconscious by a ball in the face, but I do hope he's ok! His replacement was being hammered by the people around us but I thought he did ok. We were so bad, and most of our tackles were so mistimed we left him few decisions to make

The 2 Centre midfielders drove forward regularly with the ball,
Winger put in some great crosses and the bold bloke was always finding gaps. Very good side and well supported.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 12:37:45 »

Well the bald bloke can only be one man  Cheesy
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 12:38:59 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/match-reaction-charlie-austin-on-a-dream-second--debut/

Apologies if this rather impressive interview has already been posted. How well does Charlie come across here? It’s clear that we will be getting a lot more than goals from him. I can imagine that for the likes of Hutton, Shade etc having a guy like Austin in your corner could be massive, must be such a confidence boost.
Charlie, the man, talking with the authority you would like to have from a dressing room role model.  He can be a big signing both off and on the field.

Couldn't resist a nostalgic, comparative look back at Charlie, the boy, excited by his new life as a full time pro at STFC.

coyr
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 12:41:09 »

We're delighted to confirm referee Sam Purkiss has now returned home after he was struck by the ball at yesterday's game...

He was taken to hospital where he was treated for concussion before being released soon after.

Great news, and we wish Sam a quick recovery.

#STFC 🔴⚪️
Thanks for the update.  Good news indeed.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 13:00:26 »

Just seen it from another angle, I had assumed Austins run towards and gesture to the arkells after scorimg was likely to family or the like, but from other angle it seemed a little more point making to someone?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 13:59:25 »

Just seen it from another angle, I had assumed Austins run towards and gesture to the arkells after scorimg was likely to family or the like, but from other angle it seemed a little more point making to someone?

Looks like he's pointing to his kid or something to me
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: