Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Gillingham prematch and matchday thread  (Read 27775 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 12:06:03 »

Hockaday gets absolutely everything wrong. How does he keep getting the co commentator gig?

to be fair you could say the same about Hawes. After Darcy and Cain came on, whenever Cain got the ball he kept calling him Darcy. At one stage he confused Minturn and Austin! He's a great commentator but his does have a habit of not being able to recognise players very well. This point may have already been made, but I'm only on 17/31 currently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 12:10:35 »

another interesting thing about Saturday was the possession stats that I've seen reported.

at no point did it feel like passing for passing sake. shit at times, good at times. but not boring and slow.

shows possession can be had and not bore us to death

72% apparently
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 12:19:29 »

Well that explains it. He didn't look that bad.

Charlie looked a bit fucked towards the end though. Hopefully not serious.

Austin played the last 5 minutes or so with the inability to move more or less. Basically every time the ball came to him he would leather it as hard as he could in whatever direction he was facing. He nearly gave away a needless corner doing this! Fair play to him for lasting the 90, a shame he couldn't have been replaced to keep him fresh for future games.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 12:24:43 »

Austin played the last 5 minutes or so with the inability to move more or less. Basically every time the ball came to him he would leather it as hard as he could in whatever direction he was facing. He nearly gave away a needless corner doing this! Fair play to him for lasting the 90, a shame he couldn't have been replaced to keep him fresh for future games.

Yeah, could do with an update on his fitness really.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 12:26:50 »

another interesting thing about Saturday was the possession stats that I've seen reported.

at no point did it feel like passing for passing sake. shit at times, good at times. but not boring and slow.

shows possession can be had and not bore us to death

72% apparently

I cba doing a more detailed summary of Saturday as a lot has been said, but I felt that our play was much more 'fluid' than under SL. Shade for example started off on the left, and then moved to the right and then back to the left for instance. I know someone else said league 2 players probably require things to be kept simple but I like the fact that Gunning was brave enough to play this way in order to keep the opposition guessing. In the end we probably should have won and I think Gillingham will probably be kicking themselves for shutting up shop when surely our defence was shaking like a shitting dog after the first 15 minutes.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 12:27:57 »

Yeah, could do with an update on his fitness really.

I think once things settle down it's probably going to be Charlie for 70, Jeff Cott for 20. Don't think they can play together.

DMC

« Reply #471 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 12:31:10 »

He is all good was just fucking knackered . Will be fine for Saturday
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 12:31:29 »

I think once things settle down it's probably going to be Charlie for 70, Jeff Cott for 20. Don't think they can play together.

Yeah, Its either them as a 2 striker partnership or one of them as the central striker in a 3. It definitely isn't both of them in two as a three.
Charlie Henry

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 12:32:25 »

to be fair you could say the same about Hawes. After Darcy and Cain came on, whenever Cain got the ball he kept calling him Darcy. At one stage he confused Minturn and Austin! He's a great commentator but his does have a habit of not being able to recognise players very well. This point may have already been made, but I'm only on 17/31 currently.

TBF for some reason I always got Hockaday mixed up with Leigh Barnard, I'm happy to cut him some slack
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 12:45:30 »

TBF for some reason I always got Hockaday mixed up with Leigh Barnard, I'm happy to cut him some slack

But Stumpy was really blonde. He had that sort of John Moncur moptop

..never go back.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: