Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Grimsby Matchday Thread  (Read 33000 times)
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 08:21:57 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/match-reaction-charlie-austin-on-a-dream-second--debut/

Apologies if this rather impressive interview has already been posted. How well does Charlie come across here? It’s clear that we will be getting a lot more than goals from him. I can imagine that for the likes of Hutton, Shade etc having a guy like Austin in your corner could be massive, must be such a confidence boost.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 08:30:59 »

Possibly have to take parts of yesterday with a pinch of salt with it being 10 men, but seeing as he’s just been mentioned, how good was Shade when he come on yesterday?

Fearless with the ball, Grimsby couldn’t get close to him, very tidy assist for Darcy.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 08:34:56 »

Possibly have to take parts of yesterday with a pinch of salt with it being 10 men, but seeing as he’s just been mentioned, how good was Shade when he come on yesterday?

Fearless with the ball, Grimsby couldn’t get close to him, very tidy assist for Darcy.

Agreed, he was excellent. I got a wink off him when I yelled his name before he went on too, warmed my cockles
DMC

« Reply #438 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 08:36:05 »

Agree Mango. The good thing is we actually have 2 comparisons already this year, we played 10 men twice already this year and didn't win, didn't even change our formations mid game. Yesterday was refreshing
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 08:37:39 »

oh and FBT was slightly before par today. played a couple of hospital balls!

not bad, just below his excellent standards
Speaking of FBT, if wiki is correct he had only played 30 league games when be arrived here which shocked me.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 08:52:54 »

Agree Mango. The good thing is we actually have 2 comparisons already this year, we played 10 men twice already this year and didn't win, didn't even change our formations mid game. Yesterday was refreshing
We beat Mansfield
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 08:57:55 »

Views from their forum if anyone is interested (I always am):

We were very much in the game at 1-0 before the sending off. After that an efficient, creative Swindon put us to the sword and we weren't tight enough.

Also Swindon are decent, we lost one game against a team with likely a much higher budget some on here need to get some perspective.

Yes Swindon player for player were better than us re pace/skill/ability to pass the ball/and kicking the ball towards the goal.

Simple one for me. Forget the sending off we are being beaten by a much  better and technically gifted team.

We have just run around chasing Swindon shadows today.

Beaten today by a far better team on the edge of the play offs !

We lost. We were shite. They were good. We were conference last year. They bottled their playoff campaign.

How i'd bite any of your appendages off for a player like Saidou Khan, if he plays anything like that regularly

love this club, and we lost to a very good team today.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 09:01:26 »

Views from their forum if anyone is interested (I always am):

We were very much in the game at 1-0 before the sending off. After that an efficient, creative Swindon put us to the sword and we weren't tight enough.

Also Swindon are decent, we lost one game against a team with likely a much higher budget some on here need to get some perspective.

Yes Swindon player for player were better than us re pace/skill/ability to pass the ball/and kicking the ball towards the goal.

Simple one for me. Forget the sending off we are being beaten by a much  better and technically gifted team.

We have just run around chasing Swindon shadows today.

Beaten today by a far better team on the edge of the play offs !

We lost. We were shite. They were good. We were conference last year. They bottled their playoff campaign.

How i'd bite any of your appendages off for a player like Saidou Khan, if he plays anything like that regularly

love this club, and we lost to a very good team today.
Fair play to them,  but don’t think there were many there that stayed the full 90 minutes (or 97).

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
DMC

« Reply #443 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 09:04:23 »

We beat Mansfield
But not Gillingham and Stockport in the 2 games i meant
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 09:10:30 »

The big difference with the other two games was they were 0-0 when the sending off happened it it’s much more difficult to beat 10 men when all them they have to do a is park the bus and score on the break.

When you’re 1-0 up, they got to try and score to get at least a point and therefore expose themselves at the back.

That said, we were ruthless, free flowing and took our chances.

Great to watch and long may it continue…
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 09:26:56 »

When you’re 1-0 up, they got to try and score to get at least a point and therefore expose themselves at the back.

Like Stockport away in the league
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 09:42:49 »

Great day yesterday.
An enjoyable sojourn in The Drink Valley beforehand.

Strange season this, being played out against a background of discontent just bubbling under the surface.
Hopefully the new manager can maintain the same level of performance for the majority of the next 20 games.

Two fifers in a season has been a relatively rare occurrence in recent times.
The ones with five different scorers are very pleasing for some reason.

Good to see Charlie talking throughout the game.

Kept an eye on Iandolo and thought he was having a steady game up until the injury.

Must confess to a certain quiet sense of satisfaction in seeing officialdom poleaxed.
I'm sure he'll be fine & running around again in no time.
Just as well that the projectile wasn't a heavy soaking wet leather ball from bygone days.

Did anyone think that there was an element of "that's all folks" in Brynn's acknowledgement of the crowd after the game?
Shirt ended up in the Town End I think.
Then again he might just have been happy with the clean sheet bonus.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 10:05:57 »

Imagine being a Creepy fan reading this thread and realising they’ve just employed a man who stifled a team like he’s done to us. Can’t be pleasant
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 10:20:36 »

A decent cross into the box with pace for a centre forward to head in.........whatever next Woot Jumping

So, give no fucks
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 10:43:26 »

Did anyone think that there was an element of "that's all folks" in Brynn's acknowledgement of the crowd after the game?
Shirt ended up in the Town End I think.
Then again he might just have been happy with the clean sheet bonus.

Seen that mentioned in a couple of places. Could be something, but he wasn’t the only one that gave his shirt to a fan yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: