Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Grimsby Matchday Thread  (Read 33876 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:37:10 »

When Iandolo went off his replacement scored with his first touch and we scored 4 goals without him on the pitch. He's a clear weak link, regardless if he played marginally better today in a vastly improved side

say you didn't watch the game without saying you didn't watch the game
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:43:01 »

say you didn't watch the game without saying you didn't watch the game

Being a ST holder that again wasn't the case. Lavinier offered far more. You rate him, I don't, I know we're far better without him, you don't - yet
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:48:34 »

Being a ST holder that again wasn't the case. Lavinier offered far more. You rate him, I don't, I know we're far better without him, you don't - yet

Its not even a case of rating him or not. I personally don't and think he is a weaker link, but having your weaker links be competent rather than a liability can be the difference between promotion and staying in this league.

Iandolo has been fairly solid without being spectacular and a reasonable League Two squad utility player under every manager bar Scott Lindsey, who to borrow a phrase was stealing a living.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:54:35 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:49:38 »

he played cm/cdm today so not worth the conversation. every single player played well today. enjoy the 5 nil. im bored and wont comment on this again with you.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:55:48 »

Any news on the ref?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:56:42 »

Said to my mate during the game that I wondered if Reed had a deal in motion before SL went, suppose he could've pulled out of it in the last week or so to see if the bridges could be rebuilt if he really wanted to.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 19:58:09 »

Iandolo isn’t and never will be an attacking wingback.
So, yes Lavinier who has all the attributes to play as an attacking wingback definitely improved us in the second half when we were playing wing backs.
We weren’t playing wing backs in the first half. We were playing 4231 & Iandolo was in the 2. Not a position Lavinier could play.

…plus, you’re always more likely to score goals against a team with 10 men later on in the game. Particularly once you go 2 goals up and the game is effectively dead & the opposition basically give up.

I’m not sure you can put the addition 4 goals all down to Iandolo going off & Lavinier coming on.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 20:03:30 »

Iandolo was alright in centre mid last season and alright in centre mid today. Whether he stays or not, need an upgrade for us to get top 3. He is awful out wide at LB/LWB, mind.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 20:43:12 »

Well that was enjoyable! Bought tickets for my old man’s birthday considering it was Charlie’s homecoming. Wasn’t feeling too optimistic about the match but felt much better when I saw the positive look of the starting line up.

I actually thought until the sending off that Grimsby were edging it but we completely took control once they were down to 10. Hutton was excellent in the first half and put in several dangerous crosses.
Austin just had that look of an experienced player, some very intelligent touches and layoffs and of course taking his goal like a proper finisher.
Once the second went in, we put our foot down and never looked like conceding. We very so clinical today.

Some great performances all round. Brynn made a top save early on. Brennan and McDonald were decent enough as was FBT. Hutton was excellent throughout, especially in the first half. Iandolo was solid but Khan was the MOTM for me. Very good in the first half and brilliant in the second. Made some great tackles and gets out of tight situations so frequently. He’ll lose the ball now and then doing it, but in general came out on top most of the time.
Lavinier looked very good when he came on, very nice finish when we needed a second goal. Wakeling worked really hard and RHM looked very lovely, but possibly hung on the the ball a little too long once or twice.

Overall a very good day. Great crowd and atmosphere was decent too. Will be a very interesting couple of weeks with the new manager coming in and some comings and goings. Bring on the rest of the season!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 20:46:00 »

Gavin Gunning is ace by the way, his interview is so ‘meh, I can’t be assed with this’. Like a completely different person to the one we’ve seen on the side lines.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 20:52:02 by Quagmire » Logged
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 20:49:36 »

Gavin Gunning is ace by the way, his interview is so ‘meh, I can’t be assed with this’. Like a completely different person than the one we’ve seen on the side lines.

The furthest thing from “Mad Gav”. Speaks very well in my opinion. Doesn’t speak in bullshit riddles or repetitive football terminology crap like Lindsey. Players love him, interesting that he’s stayed at the club when it was SL who brought him in. I’d guess he saw enough of SL and Days work to think he’s better off here.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 20:55:27 »

Yeah, his interview seemed really sincere and honest but also with a ‘fuck off and let me do my job’ vibe.

As said above, no bullshit and no clichés.

…and probably helped by the fact we won but no talking about unimportant stats that don’t matter.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 20:56:26 »

Anybody know how many box entries we made today?

And were the players playing fatigued?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 20:57:14 »

Wow. 5 goals at home, clean sheet and an entertaining performance. Brennan very good, won everything. Macdonald useless, he’s washed, be happy to see back of him. Hard for a CB to have a bad game in a 5 nil win, but he did. Hutton brilliant, his crossing ability at this level is frighteningly good. Iandolo also useless, ML was brilliant when on and took goal well. Khan was unreal. Absolutely everywhere. The more advanced role suits him so much more. No issues if he keeps up this level of performance seeing as Reeds gone. Need another body in midfield though, a nasty ball winner preferably.RHM rusty in first half but grew into game, unlucky not to score, looks dangerous.  Austin back and the perfect goal. Proper leader on pitch also, shouting orders the entire time he was on.

Reeds gone so for me, we could do with 5-6 players. A GK, Centre half, Reed replacement and an attacker being priorities. Can’t remember the last time I was entertained after a home game. Most convincing performance of the season comes without the manager. Managerial appointment is massive, get it right and we should get play offs.
DMC

« Reply #419 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 21:17:30 »

Wow. 5 goals at home, clean sheet and an entertaining performance. Brennan very good, won everything. Macdonald useless, he’s washed, be happy to see back of him. Hard for a CB to have a bad game in a 5 nil win, but he did. Hutton brilliant, his crossing ability at this level is frighteningly good. Iandolo also useless, ML was brilliant when on and took goal well. Khan was unreal. Absolutely everywhere. The more advanced role suits him so much more. No issues if he keeps up this level of performance seeing as Reeds gone. Need another body in midfield though, a nasty ball winner preferably.RHM rusty in first half but grew into game, unlucky not to score, looks dangerous.  Austin back and the perfect goal. Proper leader on pitch also, shouting orders the entire time he was on.

Reeds gone so for me, we could do with 5-6 players. A GK, Centre half, Reed replacement and an attacker being priorities. Can’t remember the last time I was entertained after a home game. Most convincing performance of the season comes without the manager. Managerial appointment is massive, get it right and we should get play offs.
I just said elsewhere. A Grant type player alongside Khan will be perfect and just what our defence need too
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: