Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate vs Swindon Town build up & matchday thread  (Read 35562 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:03:42 »

Reflecting on yesterday I just have a hopefully irrational fear of a perfect storm of things going against us:

1. We have an inexperienced manager who so far seems a bit lost.
2. Most of our new signing are inexperienced punts.
3. Are our experienced players fully committed to the club? Williams especially worries me as he’s not going to do anything that risks being injured for the World Cup and then Reed and McKirdy may have more lofty aspirations.

These 3 things combined are usually a recipe for disaster so hopefully in a few months I look back with relief and my fears had no substance.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:25:14 »

I think you might need to get your Man Utd shirt back out DV, if that is how you really feel it sounds like supporting Swindon in the lower leagues is no longer for you

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:28:51 »

I think you might need to get your Man Utd shirt back out DV, if that is how you really feel it sounds like supporting Swindon in the lower leagues is no longer for you

Your comment as a stand a lone would seem harsh to an outsider or casual reader of this forum, however, it is not a stand a lone comment and I actually agree with it. TBF there are others it could be attributed to at times on this forum though especially the ‘other’ social media site inhabitants.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:33:10 »

Yeah, I fucking hate it.
I’m addicted & I don’t know why…and even worse…I want to get my son into football.

Wish I could just bin this shit show off for life…
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:34:12 »

Also, never had a second team unlike all the closet scousers we have on here…
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:35:33 »

STFC all my life no other club has ever entered my mind Pint

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:42:42 »

Reflecting on yesterday I just have a hopefully irrational fear of a perfect storm of things going against us:

1. We have an inexperienced manager who so far seems a bit lost.
2. Most of our new signing are inexperienced punts.
3. Are our experienced players fully committed to the club? Williams especially worries me as he’s not going to do anything that risks being injured for the World Cup and then Reed and McKirdy may have more lofty aspirations.

These 3 things combined are usually a recipe for disaster so hopefully in a few months I look back with relief and my fears had no substance.

1. I don't get the lost thing. I understand that he has been in the game for a while.

2. Hopefully the stats work out.

3. That aside, losing Payne also appears to be a big factor.

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:49:49 »

Yeah, I fucking hate it.
I’m addicted & I don’t know why…and even worse…I want to get my son into football.

Wish I could just bin this shit show off for life…

Oh I get it mate - but this is it really.  If you are going to support a lower league team you are going to see more losses than wins in reality, and if wins are all you look for, you are going to end up disapointed more than not.

I only picked Manure, because I remember you wearing a Utd shirt regulalry when I used to play footie against you, that's all Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:58:26 »

Oh I get it mate - but this is it really.  If you are going to support a lower league team you are going to see more losses than wins in reality, and if wins are all you look for, you are going to end up disapointed more than not.

I only picked Manure, because I remember you wearing a Utd shirt regulalry when I used to play footie against you, that's all Cheesy

I have never owned a Manchester United shirt.

Now granted I have a lot of different football shirts (maybe close to 50) but Manchester United isn’t one of them…

Not saying I look just for the wins - just saying that for me the most important thing is the result.
Like if we go to Sheffield Wednesday play in front of 20,000+ people but lose, for me it will be a shit (but probably expected) day. I would take no solace in playing a big club with a big crowd.
At no point would I find a defeat to Sheffield Wednesday more enjoyable than a win against Sutton.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:59:20 »

Lots of people in complete outrage that Ward did not play as he is a "much better keeper" Looks like we have a new scapegoat for the season

You don't agree?

Looks pretty obvious Ward is a better keeper if you're watching with your eyes open.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 12:00:32 »

…although I will say Manchester United’s black away kit & yellow/green 3rd shirt from 93/94 are absolutely wonderful kits that I would totally buy…
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 12:02:43 »

You don't agree?

Looks pretty obvious Ward is a better keeper if you're watching with your eyes open.

I'm guessing Middlesbrough didn't send Brynn out on loan to be on the bench.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 12:02:58 »

Have listened to Lindsey a few times and think he seems completely out of his depth and clueless. Garner didn’t engage with fans but had a sense he knew what he was talking about. I may be wrong but my view is this could be a long season.

Agree. People will mock as a knee jerk reaction, because that is what a section of our support does to any negativity....but he seems completely out of his depth.

I'd love to know what on earth went on behind the scenes in those weeks without a manager.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 12:04:53 »

I'm guessing Middlesbrough didn't send Brynn out on loan to be on the bench.

If he continues to be shit and we're under an obligation to play him, then send him back and get someone in we're not obligated to play to be a reserve keeper.

Ward deserves to start on merit.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 12:05:37 »

Harrogate comms now saying that Mckirdy doesn't need the strapping on his leg, it's just for show..  they are one of the most bizarre commentary teams i have heard..  they obviously know nothing about anything outside of Harrogate

Anything outside Yorkshire, like most Yorkshire-men.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: