Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Open training session  (Read 3233 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 14:44:41 »

You're missing the point.

He was great with the fans, but during the training he was less enthusiastic than other players. Not saying he didn't try, but looked like he felt he didn't have to. Always last into position, trying to be clever etc.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 15:39:50 »

We went. A lot of attention on wide play getting the ball into the box. Trying to get as many bodies in the box as possible.

McKirdy strutting around like he owned the place. Trying fancy flicks all the the time. To me, players didn't seem pally with each other.

Lad got autographs. Lewis Ward a true gent. Mildy was excellent as well. McKirdy obviously mobbed and refused to sign a lads spurs shirt - fair play as he's a chelsea fan.

Good morning out though.

Was Reed there today people saying he was not?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 15:39:58 »

I'm not sure what's worse. A kid bringing a Spurs shirt and wanting a Swindon player to sign it, or Mckirdy for being a knob and not making the kids day.

The first.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 15:46:48 »

Was Reed there today people saying not
He tweeted he had an extra day off. No Baudry or Brannan.

They were actually there apparently, just not involved in the training.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 16:59:52 »

Quote from: Broadbents Tackle
Because collectively as a fanbase we're like Arnold. J. Rimmer in the virtual reality episode of Red Dwarf, where his brain can't accept good things happening so seeks to sabotage it. I can see it ending as a self-fulfilling prophecy where people start to turn on him because of how they percieve his attitude, which in turn effects his confidence/happiness and he ends up fucking off for tuppence in January.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Better Than Life (series 2)

That's one theory.
Add protecting oneself from a sale/trying to pretend it's not a disaster if he sold ("he was crap anyway")
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 18:05:21 »

We do like to make things up on here lately.  In one thread there is a fraction in the camp, in this one Mckirdy can't be arsed.

Some players are just not good trainers, don't enjoy it and can't pretend to show they are enjoying it in an open session - but match day they show up - hoppefully Mckirdy does this week.

Not aimed at you Sippo btw, you are just reporting what you saw..

We really need a decent performance on Saturday so that the conversation can move back in a positive direction..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 18:11:29 »

No offence taken. McKirdy is the stand out player and is always going to have eyes 'on him'. The youngsters love him. 

Finishing today, from all players, need working on. Obviously only training, but we certainly need some practice. What I did notice that a lot of crosses were 'flat' and drilled in, instead of floating. That's interesting to see if that happens in a game.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 18:22:00 »

Here’s Reed. God knows what’s on his feet.

* A5FC048E-6897-4751-B0AC-F7E13EF23EF4.jpeg (247.7 KB, 1088x816 - viewed 218 times.)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 18:26:41 »

Compression boots to aid recovery.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 18:41:51 »

Bottom half of Rockin Robin.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 19:39:19 »

Wore them saturday didn't he?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 20:59:07 »

Crocs, our newest sponsor.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 05:31:09 »

Because collectively as a fanbase we're like Arnold. J. Rimmer in the virtual reality episode of Red Dwarf, where his brain can't accept good things happening so seeks to sabotage it. I can see it ending as a self-fulfilling prophecy where people start to turn on him because of how they percieve his attitude, which in turn effects his confidence/happiness and he ends up fucking off for tuppence in January.
That is so true....

But that's one of the things that a manager is in place for. Fans expect all players to be playing at their peak. Its when they don't that the crowd start to become Rimmer.

As a manager, you assemble a team with depth. When a player is having a bad game, you don't leave them out there to get criticism or lose confidence, you substitute them and console them with it not being their day. Then you show faith by picking them again for the next game. If they continue to be a bit crap then you bench them and motivate them to try hard in training and win the shirt back. Its not rocket science.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 07:41:56 »

To be honest, after one game it does seem Lyndsey is facing the Inquisitor... who is still Rimmer. Get out of this one Smeghead.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: