Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate vs Swindon Town build up & matchday thread  (Read 35482 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 12:06:35 »

If he continues to be shit and we're under an obligation to play him, then send him back and get someone in we're not obligated to play to be a reserve keeper.

Ward deserves to start on merit.

I agree totally but that may explain why Ward wasn't chosen.

So, give no fucks
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 12:06:58 »

Without Payne, McKirdy wasn't getting much service before Khan came on. Without Conroy, Reed wasn't the same player.  Need to make some adjustments including figuring out the best team. With Williams and Garner in midfield, there didn't seem to be enough "bite".  Need to find places for Ellis and Khan and with McKirdy playing better out wide, have to consider 4:3:3.  Only Baudry and Reed remain  from the team that won 4:1 win in April. The Town weren't beaten for ability, but for stupid, avoidable mistakes and dare I say it, lack of mental toughness.    
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 12:26:20 »

I slightly disagree crozzer. Sort of.

We could have defended better. I can see that

But from my TV view we didn't really have much about us. Harrogate caused us a fair few problems.

I guess what I'm saying is to me it didn't feel like a game we should have got something out of, that without the mistakes we deserved a point
----------
Boy oh boy can the next game not come quickly enough to give a chance to put this performance behind us
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 12:32:30 »

I slightly disagree crozzer. Sort of.

We could have defended better. I can see that

But from my TV view we didn't really have much about us. Harrogate caused us a fair few problems.

I guess what I'm saying is to me it didn't feel like a game we should have got something out of, that without the mistakes we deserved a point
----------
Boy oh boy can the next game not come quickly enough to give a chance to put this performance behind us

It would seem with what has to be done that a week might be to soon…
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 12:46:47 »

Went yesterday. Fucking hell, I’ve missed watching us home and away every week alot, but yesterday was really bad. Losing to a team like Harrogate, who I didn’t even know existed 5 years ago, is a new low.

Yeah it’s the first game of the season. Blah blah blah. 45 games to fix it. Cool. Get to work, because there’s a load of work that needs doing. Losing 3 nil to relegation favourites isn’t ideal. The usual suspects on socials coming out defending it and telling everyone to relax etc etc. I get it- it’s early, loads of time to fix up. No need for a full meltdown just yet. But I promise you, when you dedicate your weekends to this and spent a lot of money in doing so, you at least expect effort and fight- as the game went on yesterday there was less and less of that with every minute that passed. If you wanna be upset and vent, do it, you’re allowed to express your opinion and how you feel when you spend your money, even if it does bother a few.

McDonald was a positive, looked good and commanding. Khan my MOM, only player who could run with ball yesterday when he came on.

Never seen Reed look so poor and out of the game. Very weird. Full backs couldn’t defend, needs adressing if this formation is gonna stick. Harrogate just looked like a  better set up and stronger side for me, they really wasn’t that good.

Roll on Carlisle away 😭😭.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 13:00:55 »

Fullbacks really were hapless. Really fucks the whole system.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 13:23:14 »

Went yesterday. Fucking hell, I’ve missed watching us home and away every week alot, but yesterday was really bad. Losing to a team like Harrogate, who I didn’t even know existed 5 years ago, is a new low.

Yeah it’s the first game of the season. Blah blah blah. 45 games to fix it. Cool. Get to work, because there’s a load of work that needs doing. Losing 3 nil to relegation favourites isn’t ideal. The usual suspects on socials coming out defending it and telling everyone to relax etc etc. I get it- it’s early, loads of time to fix up. No need for a full meltdown just yet. But I promise you, when you dedicate your weekends to this and spent a lot of money in doing so, you at least expect effort and fight- as the game went on yesterday there was less and less of that with every minute that passed. If you wanna be upset and vent, do it, you’re allowed to express your opinion and how you feel when you spend your money, even if it does bother a few.

McDonald was a positive, looked good and commanding. Khan my MOM, only player who could run with ball yesterday when he came on.

Never seen Reed look so poor and out of the game. Very weird. Full backs couldn’t defend, needs adressing if this formation is gonna stick. Harrogate just looked like a  better set up and stronger side for me, they really wasn’t that good.

Roll on Carlisle away 😭😭.

Good post Mango

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 13:35:29 »

I have never owned a Manchester United shirt.

Now granted I have a lot of different football shirts (maybe close to 50) but Manchester United isn’t one of them…

Not saying I look just for the wins - just saying that for me the most important thing is the result.
Like if we go to Sheffield Wednesday play in front of 20,000+ people but lose, for me it will be a shit (but probably expected) day. I would take no solace in playing a big club with a big crowd.
At no point would I find a defeat to Sheffield Wednesday more enjoyable than a win against Sutton.

My bad memory then, I thought you wore a light blue away shirt, mind palying tricks with my memory.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 13:41:37 »

My bad memory then, I thought you wore a light blue away shirt, mind palying tricks with my memory.

Yeah definitely.

I have various blue Swindon away shirts. A fake schakle 04 one from Turkey with Raul on the back. An Argentina one…

Think that might be it for blue…
adje

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 14:00:35 »

Reflecting on yesterday I just have a hopefully irrational fear of a perfect storm of things going against us:

1. We have an inexperienced manager who so far seems a bit lost.
2. Most of our new signing are inexperienced punts.
3. Are our experienced players fully committed to the club? Williams especially worries me as he’s not going to do anything that risks being injured for the World Cup and then Reed and McKirdy may have more lofty aspirations.

These 3 things combined are usually a recipe for disaster so hopefully in a few months I look back with relief and my fears had no substance.

Good points,although I would say Williams isn't in the World Cup squad yet. So playing well is important for his selection I  think,coupled with the fact that he played zero minutes in both Play off games

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 14:13:23 »

Irrespective of the size of club I see league 2 as an even playing field with all teams having similar squads mixed with a few experienced players but made up  of many unproven unknown young players. The key is having a manager who has organisation & motivational skills to get them to gell then you may have a chance of promotion but not guaranteed.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 14:40:34 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
It would seem with what has to be done that a week might be to soon…

Based on performance, indeed.

I'm kind of hoping we are better than that. First day are no guage.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #432 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 14:51:28 »

Lots of people saying the full backs can't defend... well they weren't attacking either. Just crap. I feel like they are both playing on the wrong side. Hutton especially looked like he wanted to drive out but didn't trust his left foot enough to do so.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 14:57:53 »

Good points,although I would say Williams isn't in the World Cup squad yet. So playing well is important for his selection I  think,coupled with the fact that he played zero minutes in both Play off games
I get the impression they like him in the squad regardless so barring injury I’d wager he gets picked. With the games coming up if things don’t markedly improve it could all get a bit toxic. Lindsey won’t be given any time by many as a lot aren’t convinced about him in the first place.

Lots of people saying the full backs can't defend... well they weren't attacking either. Just crap. I feel like they are both playing on the wrong side. Hutton especially looked like he wanted to drive out but didn't trust his left foot enough to do so.
If only we’d recruited with the option to switch to a back 4 if it doesn’t work. The failure to even recruit with the possibility of a back 5 not working seems like another preseason own goal.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 15:00:45 »

I thought when we signed them that Hutton was a rwb and Shade was a LWB but they've switched for some reason. I seem to remember Kingy having a thing for playing right sided players on the left and vice versa... I thought it was bollocks then as well...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: