Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 346152 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 12:45:20 »

Interest? Interesting. I have my thoughts along that line, so where do you see said interest coming from?

Peterborough we’re interested in signing him, but it doesn’t fit their model to sign someone for that sort of money. If he were more realistically priced I’m sure they would be interested as they could see a decent potential profit
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 12:50:28 »

Anyone know if Simpson has been involved the Ipswhich pre-season friendlies.

So, give no fucks
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 12:52:11 »

Pretty sure nobody has a Simpson obsession only those who don't like him, you seem to have a Davison obsession it seems.

Simpson is a good talent who loved it at the club and played well for us, no obsession at all, there is no way he will come back and we cant afford him anyway, just stating facts as I see them, of which you blatantly dont agree but its called an opinion.

Would I like to see Simpson back, of course, will we see him back? no, I have moved on, I was answering a question not putting over anything saying I would break the bank for him etc.

FWIW I rate Simpson higher than Davison, thats it, thats my opinion which some don't agree with but its mine, I accept other people opininions I suggest you do too it makes life much easier.

Look, it's quite common knowledge that our fan base has a thing for ex players and I'm not specifically just talking about members here, other social platforms too. My comment re Simpson is reference to the fans who keep banging the drum about bringing him back as if he was some sort of saviour. He showed promise and yes he was improving, I don't take that away from him, he will go on to have a good career but i'm judging him off what i've seen so far and he was very hit and miss. I watched every game last season, as i'm sure you did too and to say he was good in 90% of games, I have to strongly disagree and so would the people who sit around me in home games.

I'm not sure how to take your last sentence. Just because I find some fans opinions baffling doesn't mean they aren't entitled to them. There's nothing sinister going on here, I put my case forward and you do yours. I enjoy it. It's all opinions at the end of the day. I will come on quite strong when i truly believe something. Just the way I am.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 12:57:21 »

Peterborough we’re interested in signing him, but it doesn’t fit their model to sign someone for that sort of money. If he were more realistically priced I’m sure they would be interested as they could see a decent potential profit

I’m thinking league status rather than club. I can see L2 being interested and a smattering of L1 clubs, championship? Not really, at least not yet. If he is good enough for the championship which I have my doubts a club like Ipswich, massive in L1 should likely as not want to keep him to play this season and hopefully offer a new contract if they get promoted back to the championship for next season. However, if they are openly looking to offload him for whatever money they can get then to me that speaks volumes as to his real worth and league playing status. £600k seems to me a cover charge for his wages and development.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 12:59:14 »

Yeah, Simpson wasn’t good for 90% of our games last season. He definitely lost form after January…

Simpson is a raw, young player with great physical attributes, good footballing attributes and a decent ceiling for improvement.
Exactly the type of player we should be looking to sign, get two season of 20+ goals out of then sell on for a decent profit.

I think the reason he gets mentioned a lot on here is because we know of him. They are probably loads of players like him that would fit out model just we have no idea about 19 year old strikers playing in Preston North End’s (or any other club obvs) U23s
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 13:00:41 »

Maybe loan him to a league one club like Cambridge, Lincoln, Franchise or Lincoln.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 13:36:34 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
Interest? Interesting. I have my thoughts along that line, so where do you see said interest coming from?

mainly based off media reports other teams were interested until a 600k price was slapped on him.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 14:00:35 »

Yeah, Simpson wasn’t good for 90% of our games last season. He definitely lost form after January…

He wasn’t with us after January
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #293 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 14:04:13 »

Exactly Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 14:08:41 »

Exactly Smiley

^^^
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 14:13:04 »

Just looked in on the Charlton forum. They’ve quoted ‘Swindon Twitter’ - whatever that is - that McKirdy is available for £150,000.

Presume that’s just some bloke who posts drivel on Twitter giving his opinion that £150,000 is his worth.

They pick up on it and requoted it as gospel.

I’m all for letting him go, but £150,000 is a fucking joke. A 24 goal striker, even in L2, is worth double that at least.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 14:17:15 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 14:16:29 »

500k or cya later
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #297 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 14:25:56 »

Absolutely no chance you get 500k for a player with 1 year on his contract in league 2
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 14:26:49 »

Just looked in on the Charlton forum. They’ve quoted ‘Swindon Twitter’ - whatever that is - that McKirdy is available for £150,000.

Presume that’s just some bloke who posts drivel on Twitter giving his opinion that £150,000 is his worth.

They pick up on it and requoted it as gospel.

I’m all for letting him go, but £150,000 is a fucking joke. A 24 goal striker, even in L2, is worth double that at least.
I doubt if anyone on the Charlton forum could afford him anyway, tbh.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 14:27:53 »

Absolutely no chance you get 500k for a player with 1 year on his contract in league 2

It's cya later than i guess.

I'd rather keep our talisman here, risk losing him on a free and try and get promoted than take 200-300k and potentially bring somebody in who might not know where the goal is.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: