Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 353873 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #270 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 09:37:10 »

I'd be gutted if we sold McKirdy. I find it a bit puzzling that there seems to be a consensus that Harry is a "one season wonder" for us while assuming that Simpson isn't. McKirdy is a better footballer in my opinion. Maybe wrong but I'm happy to give McKirdy another shot. I'm not sure why he wouldn't be allowed to play with the same freedom,Lindsey saw the benefits of that.
Simpson=19 year old at the time, 1 half season in league football, looked good in 90% of games and at times looked great.

McKirdy=25 years old, 6 seasons in league football but only 1 good season, at times looked very good at times looked disinterested, hence the 1 season wonder label.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 10:18:24 »

I have no reason to think it but i just have a real bad feeling about McKirdy, i said even last season that i just think it is going to end in tears with him throwing the toys out the pram

It already has and that is a fact. He has been threatening to break his contract by going on holiday during pre season. I hear he is petulant.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 10:20:31 »

The Simpson obsession from so many of our fans is utterly bizarre imo.

Are we getting Simpson back? why not sell X and buy Simpson? SIMPSON SIMPSON SIMPSON.

I must be remembering a very different Tyreece Simpson to the rest of you. The way some fans go on it's like he was a Charlie Austin / Eoin Doyle.

I don't know if anybody's noticed but we've already replaced Simpson with Adeloye. Who brings a similar goal ratio from last season whilst playing in a side that almost got relegated and I'm also guessing they didn't have the quality of a Jack Payne, Jonny Williams And harry McKirdy supplying him.

If we're going to get a striker now, I want somebody who's more of a fox in the box to compliment the other skillset that McKirdy, Adeloye and Wakeling bring.

Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 10:23:49 »

Simpson=19 year old at the time, 1 half season in league football, looked good in 90% of games and at times looked great.

If you think Simpson looked good in 90% of games you've clearly been more effected by Josh Davison than I thought.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 10:48:13 »

IMHO it is hard to disagree with what you’re saying and implying. Simpson was an enigma last season. Indeed the whole season seems so surreal. Who would have guessed looking forward twelve months that we would have had the season we did with the players we did?

So back the Simpson and by default McKirdy. You couldn’t get two opposite and different players if you tried. One untried brick shithouse of a player who we all fell in love with and one scrawny little shithouse of a player who we all fell in love with. One recalled by his parent club just as he hit real form in a team just getting into some real form. The other stayed the course and got better as the season progressed.

So do we sell McKirdy (if a decent offer materialises) to buy Simpson? No. A club like ours with ambition would hang onto the skinny one and buy the big fucker anyway. Now, that assumes we want Simpson in the squad to play alongside McKirdy in the first place. For all we know we may well be talking to the tractor boys and have given the skinny one the nod he’s coming back to help gain auto and by the way you’re going nowhere until the end of the season.

My gut is that Simpson is not coming back and the skinny one is staying. After all if the skinny one sets off at a storm then that’s to our benefit because we want that, so why sell? Equally who is to say that McKirdy does not have break clauses in his contract to leave and or we have not given him the assurance of a big bonus to stay until the end and or a promotion bonus and improved contract for life on L1?

All fun and games. I do get the Simpson, Simpson, Simpson love fest but I don’t share it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 11:25:47 »

Simpson improved a lot. We would be buying that potential, but it's not guaranteed.

But it's moot. Unless Ipswich make a massive u-turn is not happening. And if they do, surely there will be other interest.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 11:32:39 »

I liked the way Simpson could score a goal out of nothing and would welcome him back but don't think it will happen.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 11:36:13 »

Simpson improved a lot. We would be buying that potential, but it's not guaranteed.

But it's moot. Unless Ipswich make a massive u-turn is not happening. And if they do, surely there will be other interest.

Interest? Interesting. I have my thoughts along that line, so where do you see said interest coming from?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 11:54:03 »

there's always the chance somebody like a Brighton or Brentford might buy him and loan him out for several years.

Even if he does cost 600k, it's relatively risk free for a premier league team.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 11:54:41 »

Just before the transfer window slams shut, Ipswich will realise they are going to get nowhere near what they want for him and we will do a deal with them.

My own personal opinion on the player...not convinced at this point.

600k....not a chance they get remotely close to that.
kaufman

« Reply #280 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 12:23:22 »

I’m at peace to just try and enjoy Harry while he’s here.

To update, Harry deleted his comment back to the Luton fan.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 12:26:25 »

To update, Harry deleted his comment back to the Luton fan.

Wise move.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #282 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 12:34:37 »

Pretty sure nobody has a Simpson obsession only those who don't like him, you seem to have a Davison obsession it seems.

Simpson is a good talent who loved it at the club and played well for us, no obsession at all, there is no way he will come back and we cant afford him anyway, just stating facts as I see them, of which you blatantly dont agree but its called an opinion.

Would I like to see Simpson back, of course, will we see him back? no, I have moved on, I was answering a question not putting over anything saying I would break the bank for him etc.

FWIW I rate Simpson higher than Davison, thats it, thats my opinion which some don't agree with but its mine, I accept other people opininions I suggest you do too it makes life much easier.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 12:35:34 »

Are we getting Simpson back? why not sell X and buy Simpson? SIMPSON SIMPSON SIMPSON.

I must be remembering a very different Tyreece Simpson to the rest of you. The way some fans go on it's like he was a Charlie Austin / Eoin Doyle.

I don't know if anybody's noticed but we've already replaced Simpson with Adeloye. Who brings a similar goal ratio from last season whilst playing in a side that almost got relegated and I'm also guessing they didn't have the quality of a Jack Payne, Jonny Williams And harry McKirdy supplying him.

If we're going to get a striker now, I want somebody who's more of a fox in the box to compliment the other skillset that McKirdy, Adeloye and Wakeling bring.

No obsession from me, if there is a similar type/age player then open to that as well.  Simpson fits with the model that we are trying to follow, young potential that will get better and showed that in his time here that he is able to progress.

The only reason I named Simpson is because he is a known quantity with me, I have seen him play and I saw him improve - I am not a scout so am not party to other players that are out there and available.  In my opinion, the type of player that I saw in Simpson is exactly the type of player that can come in, bring lots of benefit, continue to improve, and will interest Championship clubs should that improvement continue at the rate that we saw in the few months he was with us.

Feel free to swap Simpson with other names of a similar ilk in your vast knowledge of under 23 strikers out there..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #284 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 12:38:34 »

No obsession from me, if there is a similar type/age player then open to that as well.  Simpson fits with the model that we are trying to follow, young potential that will get better and showed that in his time here that he is able to progress.

The only reason I named Simpson is because he is a known quantity with me, I have seen him play and I saw him improve - I am not a scout so am not party to other players that are out there and available.  In my opinion, the type of player that I saw in Simpson is exactly the type of player that can come in, bring lots of benefit, continue to improve, and will interest Championship clubs should that improvement continue at the rate that we saw in the few months he was with us.

Feel free to swap Simpson with other names of a similar ilk in your vast knowledge of under 23 strikers out there..
Spot on.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: