Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 205   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 358796 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 08:54:28 »

McKirdy in the current climate is worth about £250k to £300k I would think with add ons for goal targets and promotion etc probably rising to £500k.

If we get that then I think we will be doing ok, Newport lost the league top scorer telford to Creepy for free as they let his contract run out, at least we will get a fee when he does move on, which I feel could be before the end of this transfer window, just my thoughts not based on anything.

I'm broadly aligned with this JJ. I think we'll be lucky to get too much up front and will be recompensed via future performance of Harry. Probably structured something like.

Up front fee: 200-275k
Fee after 50 appearances: 50k
Fee after 100 appearances: 50k
Fee if scores 20+ league goals in a season: 50k
Fee if Charlton win promotion: 100k
Sell on clause : 25% of profit

Something like that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 09:09:48 »

[captain obvious]

I can see commercial sense in letting him go if he wants out (and, obviously valuation, met). It becomes kind of inevitable.

The issue is replacing him. We'd only have 5 1/2 weeks to get 2 quality strikers in. Though presumably 1 is already being worked on.

[/captain obvious]
-----
I'd be very disappointing to lose him
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 09:14:46 »

[captain obvious]

I can see commercial sense in letting him go if he wants out (and, obviously valuation, met). It becomes kind of inevitable.

The issue is replacing him. We'd only have 5 1/2 weeks to get 2 quality strikers in. Though presumably 1 is already being worked on.

[/captain obvious]
-----
I'd be very disappointing to lose him

I'm reasonably confident that the club has been working behind the scenes to cover the eventuality of McKirdy being sold. Sandro and Scott did say that Harry and Reedy have a price and certainly the noises seem to be getting louder that Harry is in demand. The timing is not good at all for our talisman going and if his replacement is a loan striker from a Premier league club, that's not really going to cut the mustard with the majority of the fanbase. In fact anybody to replace Harry is going to be very difficult, a hugely popular character on and off the pitch.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 09:17:06 »

I honestly don’t think he will go, I think most of the talk about him going seems to be from our own fans worrying about it.
I don’t think anyone will come in and pay £300k + on a player who’s had one good season and is known to be a bit of a pain in the ass.

With regards to his pre season form, he was pretty average last pre season, and hardly set the world alight in his first 7/8 league games either. In fact, wasn’t he in and out of the team to begin with?

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 09:22:34 »

I honestly don’t think he will go, I think most of the talk about him going seems to be from our own fans worrying about it.
I don’t think anyone will come in and pay £300k + on a player who’s had one good season and is known to be a bit of a pain in the ass.

With regards to his pre season form, he was pretty average last pre season, and hardly set the world alight in his first 7/8 league games either. In fact, wasn’t he in and out of the team to begin with?

He's looked fatigued in pre-season Wink

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 09:25:11 »

Had a quick look around their forum and twitter and couldn’t see anything. Not doubting you.

* 473F9F6A-4367-49FE-A5FE-0C10C33CB2C9.png (501.1 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 310 times.)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 09:30:21 »

Yeah, I don’t think anyone is taking the gamble on a player with one good season at 25 with a reputation / attitude that precedes him.

Now, if he carries on his good form come January when he’s kept form for a season and a half and only has 6 months left on his contract and because almost valueless to us - then I can see other clubs taking the gamble.

I mean, we didn’t even get bids for Charlie Austin after one good season (in league one) but half a season of continued form later, he was gone…
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 09:31:41 »

the 'news ' could just be this

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/garner-says-addicks-will-work-within-budget-constraints-when-asked-if-aneke-knock-highlights-need-for-extra-striker/
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 15:32:19 »

Have the squad numbers been released yet?

Tried looking online and the squad page on the official site is all over the place
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 15:35:24 »

Have the squad numbers been released yet?

Tried looking online and the squad page on the official site is all over the place

They are as there were for the Cardiff game.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 15:43:22 »

They are as there were for the Cardiff game.

OK, Cheers
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 16:45:45 »

Looks unlikely Harry will be off to Charlton anyway. Garner is going down the Swindon route of signing a young loanee striker and hoping for the best.

They’re not a happy bunch.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #342 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 17:44:58 »

Mad if the Charlton fans can't see that he has been bought in to pretty much do what he did here just in a higher league
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2022, 07:45:05 »

Echoing DiV and Quagmire here, I don't think charloon would stump the cash for a player who it is yet to be proven was not just a one season wonder (I don't think he is btw, but more sceptical peopl might), with a year left on his contract, when they could wait until Jan and pick him up with him having proven whether or not he's truly found his goalscoring boots, and only with 6 months left on contract.

I do hope we're at least starting talks with him about renewing, if for no other reason ust so we get top dollar for him if someone comes in. Players have been bought for much more money based off much worse seasons!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2022, 11:20:40 »

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1552252738146340864

Squad numbers out. Won't tell us too much, but sort of interesting that Clayton has 4 (the traditional DM number) and Reed has moved to the 5 shirt. Also Adeloye being given the 9 means there's no obviously left open shirt.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 205   Go Up
Print
Jump to: